wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Today while flying around in an ALiVE mission i made I noticed that enemy AA missiles seemed to be invisible, i never saw them come in like usual but they were on radar and were very easy to lose with flares.

When i flared 5 missiles in a row I got suspicious and tried just hovering and not flaring to see missiles while i didn't see the missiles, 2 out of 3 missiles while still and not flaring missed or exploded nearby not actually hitting

I was using just ALiVE, A3MP (Takistan) and CAF_AG Enemies (Middle east) so i presume they were using the strela.

i was 2000th Reply to thread :) Congrats ALiVE Devs, best part is ALiVE is still a baby so many thousands of replies still to come.

Edited by PenguinInATuxedo

hello ALIVE team

i seem to be having problem with my mission once again im suddenly geting errors on my rpt file

Error position: <_veh};

_veh setVariable [_set,0,true];

s>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _veh

Error in expression <getDir _veh;

waitUntil {sleep 1; !Alive _veh};

_veh setVariable [_set,0,true];

s>

im gettin this error even when running alive on its own

ive also tried the mission with out running any scripts

my mission is almost complete i just need to find a good balance in enemy placements

Sorry for the lack of replies at the moment. We've run into an issue to do with module initialization brought about by the latest ArmA3 patch which is taking all our focus to fix or find a workaround at the moment. Everything still works technically but there's a problem with pre-briefing init on Dedicated servers which may cause some scripts to break in game randomly. This does not effect ALiVE on local instances or in the editor but until we fix it we can't diagnose any specific problems.

Please hold. Your call is important to us but we are very busy at the moment. We will forward you to the next available agent. Thank you for your patience.

scrumpy, thats not our code, so i suspect its not ALiVE!

Guys, please be informed to sit some more on briefind screen if you run it on dedi! A3 seems to have borked the init of modules in latest patches. We informed BIS, lets see what they say :)

ill recheck my mission and see what is going on but ive tried launching the mission without any other mod apart from alive and ive also tried running it without and aditional scripts

but iff its not alive im guesing anouther script is still being called some were

scrumpy, thats not our code, so i suspect its not ALiVE!

Guys, please be informed to sit some more on briefind screen if you run it on dedi! A3 seems to have borked the init of modules in latest patches. We informed BIS, lets see what they say :)

Good tip there !!

To be fair that's best practice anyway with any large heavy scripted missions.. The server will let you in when it's ready, or indeed just have an admin logged in at start and that holds all those eager "continue" trigger fingers from starting the map before it's ready.

SJ

Just a headsup guys, I was looking at your wiki, looking for some info on the Multispawn module and I noticed you seem to have an awful lot of spammy type users being created there. Like, hundreds of them.

May not be an issue at the moment and I have no idea why a mediawiki site would be a target for spammy accounts, but it does look like something odd is happening there.

Thanks - we're aware of it which is why it's locked for public editing. Irritating but not a lot we can do about it.

Thanks - we're aware of it which is why it's locked for public editing. Irritating but not a lot we can do about it.

Nice to know, cheers.

Point of interest, is there any info on the Multispawn module on the wiki? I've done a search but can't find anything.

Multispawn is an incomplete module and not in a working state, hence undocumented.

Sorry for the lack of replies at the moment. We've run into an issue to do with module initialization brought about by the latest ArmA3 patch which is taking all our focus to fix or find a workaround at the moment. Everything still works technically but there's a problem with pre-briefing init on Dedicated servers which may cause some scripts to break in game randomly. This does not effect ALiVE on local instances or in the editor but until we fix it we can't diagnose any specific problems.

Please hold. Your call is important to us but we are very busy at the moment. We will forward you to the next available agent. Thank you for your patience.

I don't understand, are you saying there aren't any issues with ALiVE in the preview or on a local machine? Because I've clearly been having issues suddenly with spawning using the MCP module and even the CQB module isn't working when it's supposed to. I mentioned before, I placed 3 TAOR markers and have one CQB module for them, which would normally work. It worked a few times, then during the creation of my mission it just suddenly stopped working, and the TAOR markers stayed and there was no debug information. At one point it stopped working because I placed vehicles within them, and when I removed the vehicles it worked again. I also witnessed the MCP module very slowly detecting and marking locations on the map, nothing like that had ever happened before. This is all on Altis.

I mean there may be other errors caused by the patch but we're not looking into them until we've fixed the pre-init problem, which is a bit of a show stopper. We've not had any problems with our regular test bed mission though so it may take a while before we get a chance to repro your specific issue and diagnose it.

Got it, other people were saying they seem to have problems on Altis as well, so hopefully the whole thing can be resolved soon. the pre init problem sounds like it's definitely the most important

Having a bit of an issue with the profile system. Say I'm doing an invasion/occupation scenario where the BLUFOR is attacking the OPFOR, I'll be using the debug and it seems that friendly forces will teleport right into their given objectives. So by the time the rest of the forces catch up, some magic tank has already killed off a bunch of infantry.

Having a bit of an issue with the profile system. Say I'm doing an invasion/occupation scenario where the BLUFOR is attacking the OPFOR, I'll be using the debug and it seems that friendly forces will teleport right into their given objectives. So by the time the rest of the forces catch up, some magic tank has already killed off a bunch of infantry.

This is quite normal with profiled troop movement.A workaround i use,because this does bother me too im kinda picky at mission design,is to place hand placed editor units,and have the bulk of your armour or motorized/mechs be in the back lines so to speak,and a few waves of infantry about a km in front.Depending on distance to target in your mission.

Experiment,its what armas all about :)

Multispawn is an incomplete module and not in a working state, hence undocumented.

Roger that, cheers.

Hi,

friendly forces will teleport right into their given objectives. So by the time the rest of the forces catch up, some magic tank has already killed off a bunch of infantry.

I guess you mean that infantry sections simulate slower to the AO than assigned motorized/mechanized/armored platoons. This is intended, but actually the outcome of it needs to be tweaked (= the sections are sent at different times, or they fulfill different tasks if they arrive at the AO quicker than another group). But they dont "teleport".

Roger that, cheers.

Multispawn at the moment features "Group Respawn" (you can spawn on a member of your group). More respawn options to come!

Since the last update I get an error about missing praa_sounds in cfgPatches, everytime I try to preview a mission in the editor with ALiVE activated. I don't know if it's been noticed before...

I found that too for invasion/occupation ... what are your MP settings? I often find that in the amount of time it takes to chopper into a hot spot on the map, the battle is over. Sometimes the fight is over so fast that I'm a latecomer to the final stages even when I teleport there.

Since the last update I get an error about missing praa_sounds in cfgPatches, everytime I try to preview a mission in the editor with ALiVE activated. I don't know if it's been noticed before...

This is not our code, so nothing to do ALiVE, a quick google of it leads me to FATA.

This is not our code, so nothing to do ALiVE, a quick google of it leads me to FATA.

Yeah, I suppose it has something to do with A3MP then, but it just occurs as long as ALiVE is active. Well then I'd nag Alduric with that. :D

Hey guys, this is a feature request I guess.

Could we get (or even, does anyone know of another mod that contains) an inventory item that could do the job of the Alive tablet? Something we could use instead of LaserDesignator which would fit the purpose and kind of make sense? I get why it's linked to the laser designator right now, but we'd like to be able to issue that to some units and have the support modules separately controlled.

Hey guys, this is a feature request I guess.

Could we get (or even, does anyone know of another mod that contains) an inventory item that could do the job of the Alive tablet? Something we could use instead of LaserDesignator which would fit the purpose and kind of make sense? I get why it's linked to the laser designator right now, but we'd like to be able to issue that to some units and have the support modules separately controlled.

Just simply change the item in the main module from LaserDesignator to whatever item you want. It's customisable as stated on the wiki.

Just simply change the item in the main module from LaserDesignator to whatever item you want. It's customisable as stated on the wiki.

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear enough. I want to find something good to customise it to. Currently the guys I play with want to restrict access to the support modules to people playing the officers, and we're struggling to choose an appropriate item to link it to. The consensus so far is a béret (and then that'll be issued to the officer units). Bloody ridiculous if you ask me "hold on, I'll just change the batteries in my béret so I can call for a helicopter." I thought of assigning it to the TFAR long-range radio, but that was shot down for some reason.

So I'm looking for an item that would do a good job of representing the support tablet - whether one that's in the game already that I might not have thought of, or one in a different mod we could use, or - failing those - somehow inspire you guys to get really enthusiastic about modelling a flattish grey rectangle and turning it into an item in the mod.

I want to find something good to customise it to.

How about Arma's GPS? (ItemGPS)

UAV terminal? (B_UavTerminal, I_UavTerminal, O_UavTerminal)

Edited by bhaz