wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

OK well my two together definetly aint working together.What could be the reason for that?

Could norrins revive script,or a custom faction be causing it?

And how do i find out what version MCC i have i cant find it anywhere and cant open the pbo.

Thanks for the help

Do you use the British Armed Forces mod by any chance? When I had this mod enabled in Arma 3 Alive would recognise it as part of NATO and spawn British troops but not give any NATO troops objectives. As soon as I disabled BAF Alive worked again. Just a thought :-)

No i have spetsnaz and altian defense forces and sud-russians/terrorists,hellas greek army.No brits.

Thanks for the help anyway

OK well my two together definetly aint working together.What could be the reason for that?

Could norrins revive script,or a custom faction be causing it?

And how do i find out what version MCC i have i cant find it anywhere and cant open the pbo.

Thanks for the help

Have you uploaded your mission for us to take a look to assist you in where you're going wrong yet, as requested a few times?

Without this we cannot help.

Have you uploaded your mission for us to take a look to assist you in where you're going wrong yet, as requested a few times?

Without this we cannot help.

Hi man,yeah i tried to upload earlier and it wouldnt.Il try again.

However in the meantime i can confirm that MCC (for me)will break ALIVE once i save in editor my mission,and reload it.

Tested it the last few hours.Gunny if i upload my mission to you guys(mod free) it WILL work.It worked 15times in a row,i save my mission,exited arma,installed MCC,started up and it was fine(1st time).Saved,loaded again,started mission and it wouldnt work the 2nd time.

Now other people have stated that MCC works fine with it.

So ALIVE team heres my question: Is it possible a custom faction is messing something up? Because in MCC,it reads certain factions(such as SUD_RU,Russians) as EAST.And not GUER or IND as in the factions config.It does the same with HELLAS greek mod i believe.

Is there something there that is affecting ALIVE and causing a stop in its regular functioning?

I understand MCC is not your baby but any technical info might help me figure this out as there is a conflict somewhere and it would be nice for me and others to find it.

If you still think my mission is worth a look il try upload again though if i give it to you mod free,it should be fine and you couldnt help.You just have to take my word that all placemets and settings are correct.

Cheers

Hi guys, I would like to inform you that:

Last night I was playing in Chernarus, then at some point I get this task "Destroy House", when it's refered to that little house from the Gas Station, I just can't destroy it, I set up like 5 explosive charges and It doesn't get completely destroyed. So I can't complete the task.

please excuse my English.

I'll just leave this here. :p

Oh I got that problem in Chernarus everytime :P

Hi man,yeah i tried to upload earlier and it wouldnt.Il try again.

However in the meantime i can confirm that MCC (for me)will break ALIVE once i save in editor my mission,and reload it.

Tested it the last few hours.Gunny if i upload my mission to you guys(mod free) it WILL work.It worked 15times in a row,i save my mission,exited arma,installed MCC,started up and it was fine(1st time).Saved,loaded again,started mission and it wouldnt work the 2nd time.

Now other people have stated that MCC works fine with it.

So ALIVE team heres my question: Is it possible a custom faction is messing something up? Because in MCC,it reads certain factions(such as SUD_RU,Russians) as EAST.And not GUER or IND as in the factions config.It does the same with HELLAS greek mod i believe.

Is there something there that is affecting ALIVE and causing a stop in its regular functioning?

I understand MCC is not your baby but any technical info might help me figure this out as there is a conflict somewhere and it would be nice for me and others to find it.

If you still think my mission is worth a look il try upload again though if i give it to you mod free,it should be fine and you couldnt help.You just have to take my word that all placemets and settings are correct.

Cheers

Please just upload your mission as instructed earlier today.

Can I ask you to refrain from continually posting the same questions in this thread, we will take a look at your mission and provide answers as to why, but the constant repetition of your questions is clogging up the thread and hindering others peoples chances to ask their questions and locate answers to their questions.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thats fair enough-sorry for clogging the thread just been unable to upload today.

Gunny i try to upload and its telling me "affected version" is invalid. I assume thats the version of ALIVE,i put in the number of the version still dosent work.

Never mind didnt need it after all

Edited by redarmy

Thats fair enough-sorry for clogging the thread just been unable to upload today.

Gunny i try to upload and its telling me "affected version" is invalid. I assume thats the version of ALIVE,i put in the number of the version still dosent work.

Leave the version blank.

I'm not sure if that has been reported yet, but it seems that TPW Mods is conflicting with the CQB module. :P when I ran TPW mods the CQB module didnt spawn anyone. it did show the locations with debug mode on, though.

Probably specific parts of TPW that conflict - if you can narrow down which ones please let us know so we can add this info to the wiki

Never mind didnt need it after all

Hi,

@Redarmy, please find your fixed mission here --> http://dev.withsix.com/issues/73838!

@All: As you can see we try to get our tickets done, so if you want to have something fixed or a feature please log it on the tracker

enjoy comrades!

In its current form, "Logistics" simply provides a replacement group profile for OPCOM when the previous one dies (or gets deleted or otherwise removed). This is placed at a 'Reinforcement Point' nearby and then OPCOM takes over as normal.

Can you be a little more specific on "reinforcement point nearby", the reason I ask is I (think I??) have seen messages stating there are no vehicles available (I forget the exact message), would it make sense for me to provide vehicles close to these points?, or are these points unknown and decided by modules in game?

I would test this but not sure how? Anyway probably not important as this system will change as mentioned. It's more a curiosity.

Edited by Katipo66

Hi,

@Redarmy, please find your fixed mission here --> http://dev.withsix.com/issues/73838!

@All: As you can see we try to get our tickets done, so if you want to have something fixed or a feature please log it on the tracker

enjoy comrades!

Highhead thank you very much for that.However the problem remains that if i use MCC,the placements will not be found.You tested without MCC rite?

I astablished earlier it would work vanilla way,but not with MCC-yet other people and your wiki say MCC is fine with it.Hence the confusion.

Also SUD_RU is picked up but OPCOM cannot give it waypoints as its marked as side tguriila instead of something else in the cfg.

Thanks anyway for the help

Hi Alive guys,

Thx for creating such a powerful tool to mess around with. Great job!

I have a question though:

I set up a two civ placement modules, one with ruskies and one with "ze germans" I synced an opcom to both, with side overriden with "LIB_WEHRMACHT".

This is working as intended. The Germans attack the russian occupied town.

Now i place two german planes on an airfield nearby and want them to be picked up by opcom to join the attack because awesome.

I put this in the override filed of opcom: "LIB_WEHRMACHT,LIB_LUFTWAFFE" When initialising, opcom tells me there are factions of opposing sides inside it. They both sound german to me, but can this be the case? Or do i have to change what i put in the override field?

Greetings,

Silvarin

@ALIVE team. sorry again for what is prolly my 100th post on the issue.But i wanted to say i have found the problem with my placements not showing up and i think you might be and others may be interested to know about it.

Well,the reason my placements didnt show it is because of units and/or structures/fortifications i put down in the editor.And had profiled.Now this is maybe just an iscolated thing considering im using MCC and it may have something to do with it,im not sure.

But i have tested this more than 10 times to be sure.And when i load my mission,no mp or cp is detected,when i exit out,delete the few units and bunkers i had placed them in,and load up=success.100%!!

Its really odd but it works,maybe you guys will be interested to know that and you can make more sense from it because ALL i know,is that it has worked.10hours of trying later.

Could the reason behind this be that ALIVE on mission start picks up profiled unites and replaces them down and if it finds a unit in comprimising position,it changes their position?For example i put a 50cal in a bunker in editor,when Profile kicks in,it removes said unit from the bunker and places him outside.

Thats hopefully the end of my testing with this and i can play finally.Thanks for the patience and once again,sorry for the numerous posts!

.....And the awesome work you guys are doing.

Appreciated!

Can you be a little more specific on "reinforcement point nearby", the reason I ask is I (think I??) have seen messages stating there are no vehicles available (I forget the exact message), would it make sense for me to provide vehicles close to these points?, or are these points unknown and decided by modules in game?

You're probably seeing "No groups available" which is a TACOM reply to an OPCOM request to send forces to an objective.. usually means all available groups already have orders or there aren't enough to send to an attack. Nothing to do with the logistics stuff :p

Reinforcement point nearby - just a spot near a friendly objective where the logistics module can re-spawn the dead/deleted/etc group. I'm not sure how it decides where these points are.. I assume further from the front get higher priority or something similar.

Could the reason behind this be that ALIVE on mission start picks up profiled unites and replaces them down and if it finds a unit in comprimising position,it changes their position?For example i put a 50cal in a bunker in editor,when Profile kicks in,it removes said unit from the bunker and places him outside.

Thats hopefully the end of my testing with this and i can play finally.Thanks for the patience and once again,sorry for the numerous posts!

.....And the awesome work you guys are doing.

Appreciated!

It is not recommended to profile units that you need to be in an exact location or facing such as static guns in a bunker. What happens is on respawn ALiVE uses a function to determine a safe location to spawn and it has problems with tight spaces like bunkers. Just don't profile these guys and you'll be OK

Edited by SavageCDN

What's the best way to end the mission? Say I had a couple of areas populated with bad guys and we needed to take them out, normally I'd use a trigger, but I'm guessing with the profiling that won't work.

What's the best way to end the mission? Say I had a couple of areas populated with bad guys and we needed to take them out, normally I'd use a trigger, but I'm guessing with the profiling that won't work.

** oops nevermind

You could use your trigger and manually place some non-profiled units so that the trigger won't fire at mission start, then once you get close enough to the objective the profiled groups will spawn in as well.

Edited by SavageCDN
code removed from latest version of sample mission

Is there a guide on how to configure a mod for ALiVE? Because I thought someone had linked me to one, but it was really just a config standardization page, and after following that (basically, naming the groups the same as the cfgfactionclasses classnames), my units still don't work with ALiVE.

You're probably seeing "No groups available" which is a TACOM reply to an OPCOM request to send forces to an objective.. usually means all available groups already have orders or there aren't enough to send to an attack. Nothing to do with the logistics stuff :p

Bah! damn eyesight fading.. im sure i saw something re no vehicles available, anyway never mind, thanks for the other info, helps me understand a little more whats going on :)

Is there any way to give placement modules and OPCOM more options to place chopper profiles down? Right now you only seem to get chopper profiles on helipads on the map. Manually placed helipad objects of any sort get ignored entirely.

Edited by Kavoriken

Is there a guide on how to configure a mod for ALiVE? Because I thought someone had linked me to one, but it was really just a config standardization page, and after following that (basically, naming the groups the same as the cfgfactionclasses classnames), my units still don't work with ALiVE.

Hiya Antoine, I can take a look at your units if you want to jump on the skype chat. PM me your details if possible and happy to work with you.

Is there any way to give placement modules and OPCOM more options to place chopper profiles down? Right now you only seem to get chopper profiles on helipads on the map. Manually placed helipad objects of any sort get ignored entirely.

With the military placement module you should be able to say to fill up military spots to place random air vehicles. Scroll down in the MilPlacement module and confirm that air vehicles are being place.

Yep manually placed pads will not be detected. I suggest you place the pad, and place the helicopter on it. This vehicle will be profiled depending on the profile system options you have set.

Hm yes, but will it be commanded by opcom and replaced by the logistics module when it's destroyed?