wolffy.au

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment

Re CAS as Savage said it is totally customisable and up to you what item you define, and it now works with ACRE and TFR Radios!!

However I do not agree with your logical comment, more people than not wish to lock down the ability to use CAS, and considering everyone is spawned in with a radio, setting the default item as a LaserDesignator andtherefore limiting who has access is the most logical approach ;)

Re CAS as Savage said it is totally customisable and up to you what item you define, and it now works with ACRE and TFR Radios!!

However I do not agree with your logical comment, more people than not wish to lock down the ability to use CAS, and considering everyone is spawned in with a radio, setting the default item as a LaserDesignator andtherefore limiting who has access is the most logical approach ;)

Okay, well I only play SP so having people fighting over CAS isn't a problem for me cos I'm the boss! ;-) Thanks for your help.

I was wondering how the insertion works for transport. The helicopter arrives at the location but just hovers without deploying fast ropes or the option to use them. What am I doing wrong? lol

Unless I missed that memo I don't think fastropes are available. If you are waiting for the chopper to land for pickup you need to 'confirm' the LZ - go into the CAS tablet again there will be an option for it.

Unless I missed that memo I don't think fastropes are available. If you are waiting for the chopper to land for pickup you need to 'confirm' the LZ - go into the CAS tablet again there will be an option for it.

Thanks again for the help savage! Oh I have no problem getting it to land or confirming smoke and landing but I saw that theres a new feature called "insertion" under tasks for transport and you can select the height for the chopper to hover and in the description it says "unit will move to designated coordinates and will hover for rope insertion"

Thanks again for the help savage! Oh I have no problem getting it to land or confirming smoke and landing but I saw that theres a new feature called "insertion" under tasks for transport and you can select the height for the chopper to hover and in the description it says "unit will move to designated coordinates and will hover for rope insertion"

Indeed there is an insertion task now in CAS, this was added from a feature request where someone was successfully using a roping script with ALiVe but just needed the Heli to descend to a certain height.

Sorry I cannot recall what script they were using.

Ah so I did miss the memo!!!

So the answer there Opendome is that you'd need to use whatever 3rd party fastrope script / addon in conjunction with the CAS transports. Said script would also need to be able to have the AI pilot give the command to 'deploy ropes' or other way of having the player deploy the ropes while not in the pilot/crew seats.

Quick question about a "malfunction" with the Military Intelligence module...

This module provides intel via crossroads "chatter" when I build and preview missions in editor. However, when I run the same missions on my dedicated box I get no intel. Any thoughts on why???

Indeed there is an insertion task now in CAS, this was added from a feature request where someone was successfully using a roping script with ALiVe but just needed the Heli to descend to a certain height.

Sorry I cannot recall what script they were using.

I hate to be that guy... but does anyone know what fast rope script is used? if not, could there be an insertion (land) option included some time.

Thanks for the reply guys! I thought I was doing something wrong :P. Is it the BTC Logistics pack (vehicle loading, lift, and fast rope)? I've been messing with it and haven;t been able to get it to work. I myself am able to deploy fast ropes in my own chopper but the AI doesn't deploy fast ropes VIA insertion.

It seems like maybe its this one? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23961

Edited by Opendome

Well Artillery Combat Support can't use with a M5 MLRS,I place a Artillery Combat Support module sync with a MLRS in the editor,and sync it with the Combat Support module, I can find the MLRS in the Combat Support table during the mission,but ther was no fire mission option for me so I can't let the MLRS to offer a Combat Support……Was I did something wrong or it is a bug of the module?

ARJay,

do the units placed at the custom objective need to profiled? or can I just sync them to the OPCOM like I do a placement module?

re: combat support item I like using ItemRadio as I usually do spec op type missions and a have not met a spec op guy that cannot call for transport or call arty. and on a mission there are always backup personnel to handle the job. but there is a point to putting instructions into an OPORD and seeing if the players are paying attention and actually reading it! i.e. in paragraph 4.b.1 of a standard OPORD: "Class VII: laser designator required to call for Combat Support services."

Katipo66,

there already is a land option. select that and the helo will land at the best nearby spot and you can safely get out. you can have it land and turn off engines also.

re: fast rope script: here is a the post by LKincheloe asking for the hover option:

"Got a small request: Would it be possible to get a "very low" flight altitude (say 25-50m) for the Support Transport?

Reason I ask is I tried to utilize zealot's Fast Rope script within ALiVE via support choppers, which works fine. Except I run out of rope before reaching the ground."

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23962 is the link he gave for the script. if anyone gets it working please let everyone else know!

Edited by hlfritz

How exactly do blacklist markers work? Does it just prevent a military placement from spawning in a particular area at the beginning of the game or does it prevent them from ever entering that area during the game? For example, I'd like to create a small marker where BLUFOR has its main base, where only BLUFOR will spawn at the beginning of the game, with OPFOR controlling the rest of the map. Once the games starts, of course, I'd like OPFOR to be able to attack the BLUFOR base if they'd like.

Do you know if this script actually has ropes coming out of the helicopter?

sorry, no clue - I was just providing info since people asked.

re: arty, does not seem to work? I placed a combat support module, made item ItemRadio. I placed three combat support mortar/arty modules, synced them to the profile module and set the profile module to profile all editor units except synced units. I left everything default except for unit. I put one as mortar, one as mlrs, and left one at default artillery.

first issue: two lines for combat support showed up in the menu. both had the same result though.

second issue: in the digital device (!), all three units showed up, but only the mortar responded with the sub-menu for type of shells, etc.

third issue: no matter what I picked for target, the mortar battery said it was out of range.

is there a trick to getting arty to work?

@hifritz,

Thanks, I get there's a land option, what I was meaning was an insertion option that landed and rtb without fast ropes.

Only use the default setting for Arty at present the MBT, the rest either need more work or fixes from BIS.

Do you know if this script actually has ropes coming out of the helicopter?

Just tested and yes it does, also AI use it, or at least they followed me out the helo, helo doesnt seem to rtb but otherwise it works fine.

just finished testing/using this fast rope script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23961 and it works awesome! It spawns actual ropes too

Of course :)

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

Just tested and yes it does, also AI use it, or at least they followed me out the helo, helo doesnt seem to rtb but otherwise it works fine.

It doesn't RTB as you have to use the addaction to cut the ropes using that script, I may add my own script where it will do all that further down line, but I must get other goodies done first!

If I understand you correctly you are working on a way to implement single player saves without crashing, am I right?

If I understand you correctly you are working on a way to implement single player saves without crashing, am I right?

Yes it is something we are working on.

No matter if I DL one the missions on the website, in this forum, or make my own - even following the tutorial to a T, I always get the same problem. There are 0 objectives found.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/795184998349506062/EB602043D822AACB2997E3C322C02CC1471FD8DD/

If you can't run the demo mission itself there must be something wrong with the @ALiVE download. I would try deleting any @alive folders and re-installing the mod. Also make sure you have @CBA_A3 running and up to date.

Quick question about a "malfunction" with the Military Intelligence module...

This module provides intel via crossroads "chatter" when I build and preview missions in editor. However, when I run the same missions on my dedicated box I get no intel. Any thoughts on why???

edit: aha similar issue https://dev.withsix.com/issues/73683

Can anyone else confirms this happens on their dedicated server?

How exactly do blacklist markers work? Does it just prevent a military placement from spawning in a particular area at the beginning of the game or does it prevent them from ever entering that area during the game? For example, I'd like to create a small marker where BLUFOR has its main base, where only BLUFOR will spawn at the beginning of the game, with OPFOR controlling the rest of the map. Once the games starts, of course, I'd like OPFOR to be able to attack the BLUFOR base if they'd like.

Blacklist markers will only affect unit and location placement at mission start.. they will not prevent units from moving into those areas. I would blacklist your BLUFOR base using a marker then assign the OPFOR OPCOM a custom location (using a game logic) for it to attack.

Just to clear up the Combat Support Artillery issues:

Only use the default settings for now - MBT Arty ( B_MBT_01_arty_F and O_MBT_02_arty_F )

Mortars will not fire HE rounds they will say the target is out of range

Some of the other round types have issues

Most of the issues are BIS bugs - there is a BIS feedback ticket for this issue I'll post the link when I find it.

Edited by SavageCDN

"If I understand you correctly you are working on a way to implement single player saves without crashing, am I right?"

Yes it is something we are working on.

This would make a HUGE difference. It's quite frustrating having to start the mission/campaign all over again. I had a particularly long SP session with ALIVE on Takistan last night, and we (NATO) only had 2 sectors left to clear, but I didn't have time to finish so had to exit. I'd love to have followed the battle to its conclusion. With a save function that included the profile module we'd be able to come back to the battle and take up exactly where we left off. That would really give much more sense of being part of a longer campaign than it does at present.

Hope you can get that working, and thanks for all you've done so far.