Sign in to follow this  
alduric

ASM - Arma Samples Mod

I didn't notice, but were motorcycles in the samples release? Quads are fun but I sure miss my two wheel civs :D

Any chance there could be segmented releases? 'ASM Weapons', 'ASM Vehicles: Phase One' and 'ASM Vehicles: Phase Two'. Benefits to that approach would be if you made change to a single weapon you wouldn't need to update the entire mod. Same thing for the vehicles. And this way you can release most of the work, satisfy the community, and still have more waiting to come.

Agree, I think that ASM Weapons and ASM Vehicles would be just fine, because obviously this pack will have lot of GB and if someone prefer vehicles only, then it's useless to download also weapons. But I prefer both so it's personal choice.

Ya, you make the point guys. @ASM: Weapons and @ASM: Vehicles will be best for me to make updates/changes and for you to use and download.

Ya, you make the point guys. @ASM: Weapons and @ASM: Vehicles will be best for me to make updates/changes and for you to use and download.

I'm really really appreciate that you finally accepted this request

Thank you.

Now that you mention it that does sound like a good idea, I imagine many people would prefer it this way.

Personally I don't mind both but I have particular interest in the vehicles.

Late to the party I know, but I just want to chip in and say that I am eagerly looking forward to the release of this mod.

One question, is the Mi17 gonna be released only unarmed, or also with the different weapon configurations?

I would say discard half of these which have already been done, as it will shorten work time and stuff like the m16 and AKM have already been done (numerously) and so don't need to be ported.

Hey alduric i'm working on the LAV25 right now (i'm not planning on a direct port but a partially reworked version), everything is working fine (physx wheels are there and they respond correctly when moving) but the vehicle will sit some 30-40cm off the ground no matter what.

Did you already manage to port it?

Any advice?

I already tried moving wheel bounds and landcontact points with no luck.

When i'm using the simulation=car the vehicle sits correctly on the ground so my guess is it's physx related but i have no idea where to look.

Have you seen this before?

pic:

http://oi57.tinypic.com/102jfvl.jpg (1105 kB)

EDIT: i think i found a solution, i had to move the wheel bounds WAY inwards into the tire, it seems to be working now.

RE-EDIT: apparently by moving the wheel bounds closer to the axis the vehicle speed gets limited, now it can't go beyond 60km/h. this is so frustrating, i hope you're better than me at this.:confused::mad::(

Edited by Chairborne

I think someone spoke about that problem in Keeway's Volha topic.

@ Chairborne - revert your changes to wheels and adjust your sprungmass

I just tried, it made the suspensions harder but the vehicle still sits mid air if i move the wheel bounds back where they were.

I would say discard half of these which have already been done, as it will shorten work time and stuff like the m16 and AKM have already been done (numerously) and so don't need to be ported.

No ! it would be better if we have to use only one Addons, and not 10 ...

Would it be possible to port the static weapons to A3 also?

No ! it would be better if we have to use only one Addons, and not 10 ...

But most will be of higher qaulity than these, which are ports. E.g I would rather use RH M16's than Arma 2 M16's, so why should we make more Arma 2 ported M16 when there are already loads.

Why won't use Reyhard's addon for that?

Because having a standard asset pack for missions will make it very easy to have the community play with one another.