nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

am i crazy or was there a way to keep one radio channel in one ear and a second channel in another like carry a second 152 or program a 152 to output two channels one in each ear? and how to transmit to either? i looked in controls but i feel like ive done this before but then i feel like i'm just hallucinating......

You're looking for a feature called "set additional channel". It allows you to listen to two different channels on one radio. In order to speak you will have to switch to the channel you want to use.

Are you sure everyone have unique radio item? (maybe some players uses same radio id)

I add the radio by adding a "generic" radio (no ID) and waiting for TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio to return true. Or will it return true before a radio ID is assigned? Do I have to wait for the no-ID radio to be removed first?

how do i activate this?

To activate the additional channel (manually), you can set it in the radio interface with the "left arrow" key (at least on PRC-152). To talk on this channel, you need to configure your "talk on additional SW channel" (or whatever it's called) key bind, I think it might be unassigned by default.

I'm sorry if this was asked before.

Is the Zeus game master able to communicate to other players while... mastering? :D

Like talking via radio through some specific function?

Also is there any issue i should be aware of when running TFAR with it?

I've taken a look through the thread and haven't seen anything related to this, but it appears that changing the userconfig to try and change the shortwave channel selection from NUMPAD to something like Shift + NUMPAD isn't working. I have the options selected but it still appears to be just NUMPAD, which really screws with my looking around.

I remember it working with previous versions. This is a fresh install.

There are no more userconfig options for controls anymore, all controls can be changed in-game as it's using CBA Keybinds (Controls -> Configure Addons -> select TFAR from drop-down).

Hi there :) I just tried to add TFAR To Arma 3 Epoch. No problems with BEFilters etc. But at spawn, I hear the sound of the radio, my name in TS is changeing to ingame-name but there isnt the box in the bottom right corner where it says e.g. yelling or whispering... and the Quartz radio don't change to one of those from TFAR, but i think this is because epoch's own classnames...

sb knows how to fix this? :)

one time it said pipe error 6.. dunno if it's the error...

EDIT: never mind, the fault is caused by epoch and cba...

Edited by maddingamer

There are no more userconfig options for controls anymore, all controls can be changed in-game as it's using CBA Keybinds (Controls -> Configure Addons -> select TFAR from drop-down).

TFAR doesn't appear in the dropdown. Neither does anything like CBA.

how do i activate this?

check in manual

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

I add the radio by adding a "generic" radio (no ID) and waiting for TFAR_fnc_haveSWRadio to return true. Or will it return true before a radio ID is assigned? Do I have to wait for the no-ID radio to be removed first?

Yes, should be OK....

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

I'm sorry if this was asked before.

Is the Zeus game master able to communicate to other players while... mastering? :D

Like talking via radio through some specific function?

Also is there any issue i should be aware of when running TFAR with it?

Yes, Zeus able to speak, hear and use radios.

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

TFAR doesn't appear in the dropdown. Neither does anything like CBA.

Check it in-game.

we have been having some issues surrounding the microDAGR. it replaces the 'itemwatch' slot and we want to stop that from happening. is there a way to completely disable this feature?

currently in init.sqf

// TFR mod configuration
#include "\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf";

tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier = true;
publicVariable "tf_give_personal_radio_to_regular_soldier";

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true;
publicVariable "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio";

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side";

tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
publicVariable "tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side";

_settingsSwWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateSwSettings;
_settingsSwWest set [2, ["311","312","313","314","315","316","317","318"]];
tf_freq_west = _settingsSwWest;
publicVariable "tf_freq_west";

_settingsLRWest = false call TFAR_fnc_generateLRSettings; 
_settingsLRWest set [2, ["50","51","52","53","54","55","56","57","58"]]; 
tf_freq_west_lr = _settingsLRWest; 
publicVariable "tf_freq_west_lr";

we have been having some issues surrounding the microDAGR. it replaces the 'itemwatch' slot and we want to stop that from happening. is there a way to completely disable this feature?

currently in init.sqf

Add

TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier = false; //Give MicroDagr to regular soldier?
publicVariable "TF_give_microdagr_to_soldier";

to your init.sqf. This and all other variables can be found in the wiki btw.

Permission

Hello Im the owner of a life mod and Ill like to ask you for your permission to use your mod (TFR) in our life mod like I told other mod makers we will not edit it, we will not make money off of it, and we will credit you (name of person who made it) so I hope you allow us to use your mod in our life mod if there is any requirments please let me know.

Edited by frostb1te198

Permission

Hello Im the owner of a life mod and Ill like to ask you for your permission to use your mod (TFR) in our life mod like I told other mod makers we will not edit it, we will not make money off of it, and we will credit you (name of person who made it) so I hope you allow us to use your mod in our life mod if there is any requirments please let me know.

Of course you are allowed to use TFAR on with server/mod.

Can anyone tell me how to disable when player spawn or respawn they spawn in with a long range radio and drop the backpack they have?

I understand why it is part of the script for missions where there is no FOB. But in ZGM and custom missions where we have a base. Nothing is more annoying than spawning with Long range radio and dropping the back pack you currently have.

When you try to make something compatible with missions that don't take it into account, you will inevitably break some to make others work. Eventually, no matter what the mod does, some missions will need to be edited to maintain compatibility (or server-side mod/configuration will need to change default TFR behavior for those missions to work).

Can someone help me with my taskforce radio please. Been doing missions on my dedicated server for about 6 months now and never had a problem with TFR. However there has only been no more than 3 of us on at a time. But tonight another friend joined my server and the 152 radios started to disappear and we couldn't pick another up out of a box. I have scripted each persons loadout to start with a 152. But when my friend left the server and we started again. (So back to 3 of us) it worked fine without any problems again.

If someone could give me some help that would be great! My email addy is flight671@hotmail.com

Thanks

Can someone help me with my taskforce radio please. Been doing missions on my dedicated server for about 6 months now and never had a problem with TFR. However there has only been no more than 3 of us on at a time. But tonight another friend joined my server and the 152 radios started to disappear and we couldn't pick another up out of a box. I have scripted each persons loadout to start with a 152. But when my friend left the server and we started again. (So back to 3 of us) it worked fine without any problems again.

If someone could give me some help that would be great! My email addy is flight671@hotmail.com

Thanks

Presumably your script is broken by JIP, or TFR is broken by JIP (if it was to be the latter, I'm sure someone would have mentioned it by now given TFR's wide usage). Or, your friend has either an outdated version, or perhaps isn't running TFR at all?

Edited by Jackal326

Quick question with a hopefully quick answer. Is it possible to disable the encryption not allowing CSAT and NATO vehicle radios to communication.(we plan to use both side vehicles for operations and want to be able to communicate)

Presumably your script is broken by JIP, or TFR is broken by JIP (if it was to be the latter, I'm sure someone would have mentioned it by now given TFR's wide usage). Or, your friend has either an outdated version, or perhaps isn't running TFR at all?

If it was TFR thats broken in jip is there anything i can do? I dont think its the script since it works fine with 3 people. I will have to check his version etc tonight. Just seems weird because i have played on servers with 30+ people and it works fine

Quick question with a hopefully quick answer. Is it possible to disable the encryption not allowing CSAT and NATO vehicle radios to communication.(we plan to use both side vehicles for operations and want to be able to communicate)

Put

[color="#FF8040"][color="#006400"][i]//TFAR ==============================[/i][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]#[/color]include [color="#7A7A7A"]"\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

tf_east_radio_code [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"_bluefor"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color] [color="#006400"][i]//Encryption code for OPFOR side.[/i][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]publicVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"tf_east_radio_code"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

in your init.sqf. This changes the encryption of east side to blufor. This and all other variables are available in the wiki.

Edited by Raspu86

Put

[color="#FF8040"][color="#006400"][i]//TFAR ==============================[/i][/color]
[color="#1874CD"]#[/color]include [color="#7A7A7A"]"\task_force_radio\functions\common.sqf"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color]

tf_east_radio_code [color="#8B3E2F"][b]=[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"_bluefor"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color] [color="#006400"][i]//Encryption code for OPFOR side.[/i][/color]
[color="#191970"][b]publicVariable[/b][/color] [color="#7A7A7A"]"tf_east_radio_code"[/color][color="#8B3E2F"][b];[/b][/color][/color]

Made with KK's SQF to BBCode Converter

in your init.sqf. This changes the encryption of east side to blufor. This and all other variables are available in the wiki.

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me how to disable when player spawn or respawn they spawn in with a long range radio and drop the backpack they have?

Check a bit further back in this thread.