For what purpose. Why not creating a proper faction, US ARMY something, that use the RH guns with optics / muzzle variants according to the unit instead of replacing. That doesn't make sense.

Look at toadies amazing weapons. Nobody made proper ennemy factions using them. All the similar mods are still using the old and deprecated massi NATO / SF weapons.

There´s a replacement config on Aggressors thread that replaces their AI bot only AKs for high quality Toadies AK, I´m using it, just browse that thread and you´ll find out =)

;2723017']There´s a replacement config on Aggressors thread that replaces their AI bot only AKs for high quality Toadies AK' date=' I´m using it, just browse that thread and you´ll find out =)[/quote']

Thanks.

Hey guys, I have just finished my US Army mod for Arma 3, and I saw you talking about making a replacement pack, and that's exactly what my mod is. It consists of the US Pack by Craig, RH_M4, and RH_Pistols, and TFAR, all of which add functionality to the mod.

My mod is only available in my community at the moment, because I have not gotten permissions from Robert Hammer, Craig or the TFAR team to use and publish their mods. But if you guys are interested enough in this mod, I will ask them if that is possible.

Let me know, thanks and hope all is going well with the RH_M4 pack, also really looking forward to a RH_Machinegun pack. That would be truly amazing.

Screenshots:

Desert Rifleman:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881055875/E2C50B577FC966104E31FEB1C576312E53489CAE/

Digital Rifleman:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881060166/7444C1C5DDECBE4A1EBD3A0788DB6A20AE3B35D3/

Multicam Rifleman:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881064115/E40BF4CDBE3BD69208D5E3E08C4262CAAB1CAE5F/

Woodland Rifleman:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881069397/B438432854E9A329819E7A580307E0EFAA636D94/

Hey guys, I have just finished my US Army mod for Arma 3, and I saw you talking about making a replacement pack, and that's exactly what my mod is. It consists of the US Pack by Craig, RH_M4, and RH_Pistols, and TFAR, all of which add functionality to the mod.

My mod is only available in my community at the moment, because I have not gotten permissions from Robert Hammer, Craig or the TFAR team to use and publish their mods. But if you guys are interested enough in this mod, I will ask them if that is possible.

Let me know, thanks and hope all is going well with the RH_M4 pack, also really looking forward to a RH_Machinegun pack. That would be truly amazing.

Screenshots:

Desert Rifleman:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881055875/E2C50B577FC966104E31FEB1C576312E53489CAE/

Digital Rifleman:

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881060166/7444C1C5DDECBE4A1EBD3A0788DB6A20AE3B35D3/

Multicam Rifleman:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881064115/E40BF4CDBE3BD69208D5E3E08C4262CAAB1CAE5F/

Woodland Rifleman:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/81379041881069397/B438432854E9A329819E7A580307E0EFAA636D94/

Ohhh, that looks nice. What about the AR? Maybe use STI Weapons mod for that?

Ohhh, that looks nice. What about the AR? Maybe use STI Weapons mod for that?

My Community actually had problems running STI Machineguns on our server, therefore we have it removed, but if I were to make this addon public, then I would probably do something like that, or I could use BTC Weapons because then I would be able to use the AT-4 for the Rifleman AT.

Stay tuned, once I have this in a stage that I am happy with, then I will look at getting permission from all of the people, and once I do then I'll make a forum post.

Just had to echo all of the comments so far your M4/M16 pack is amazing, beautiful models, great sights and just the detail is astounding. all of the guys in my team love this weapons mod.

I have just one question to ask you about your mod, are the weapon weights so light on purpose? because I think if anything that is the only thing I could see might need adjustment. from talking with others in my

community and a couple of other communities they are a little on the light side from what we have seen.

Edited by Hercx
typo

My Community actually had problems running STI Machineguns on our server, therefore we have it removed, but if I were to make this addon public, then I would probably do something like that, or I could use BTC Weapons because then I would be able to use the AT-4 for the Rifleman AT.

Stay tuned, once I have this in a stage that I am happy with, then I will look at getting permission from all of the people, and once I do then I'll make a forum post.

Marcus, you don´t need permition to make a replacement pack, if your addon only have configs to make NATO men to use Craig´s helmets, uniforms and vests and be armed with RH weapons, there´s no problem, your not stealing intelectual property, you´re making those addons functional to a wider audience... you just have to give the proper credits, so nobody assume those models are yours, and you can´t bundle their addons on your pack (neither unbinarize their models and stuff inside your addon), just place directions to other users download them from their original thread or armaholic links, so they can activate them and use your replacement properly!

There are plenty of replacement packs for A2, they didn´t need a formal permition to be released cus they´re configs, of course it is a good measure to have the blessings of their modellers, but a replacement pack isn´t a copyright infringement, is more like a free marketing of other addons (always giving the proper credit, again...)

cheers!

Guys - you can create replacement packs as Corporal_Lib said - also please dont spam this thread with unrelated things with the m4/m16 pack

Weight and some other issues will be fixed in next version

Edited by RobertHammer

the m4/m16 pack Weight and some other issues will be fixed in next version

that is excellent news, can't wait to see next release come out. really appreciate all the hard work that you put into this mod :)

Edited by Hercx

Guys - you can create replacement packs as Corporal_Lib said - also please dont spam this thread with unrelated things with the m4/m16 pack

Weight and some other issues will be fixed in next version

Sorry Robert, I didn't mean to steer away from the main thread.

Hey Robert, I'm suprised this question has not been asked (Or maybe it has and I have not found it in the thread) But do you have plans to do any camo weapons. I think that would be kinda cool to do for the M4's and the MK12/SAMR. Thanks for the awesome weapons :)

Hey Robert, I'm suprised this question has not been asked (Or maybe it has and I have not found it in the thread) But do you have plans to do any camo weapons. I think that would be kinda cool to do for the M4's and the MK12/SAMR. Thanks for the awesome weapons :)

He already made camo versions, they will be in the next update.

Is there an HK416 in the next update ? - just asking... a dream would come true :) Anyway, thanks again for the great mod <3

I was wondering if you would add the Magpul modifications for the M4, and also if you would be updating the the gunpack so when you take out the magazine, it would show an empty spot for the gun?

Is there an HK416 in the next update ? - just asking... a dream would come true :) Anyway, thanks again for the great mod <3

Right now, and picking up from RH's posts in this thread, the next update will be to this pack, then maybe machineguns, then maybe hk416.

Everything is prone to change, but the update is a certainty.

So hold your horses, stay calm, and kill goons. :P

I was wondering if you would add the Magpul modifications for the M4, and also if you would be updating the the gunpack so when you take out the magazine, it would show an empty spot for the gun?

Looking back on the thread the whole "magazine shows up even when there's none in the gun" issue will be fixed. As for Magpul parts... No one said anything about that so assume no.

I just installed this Mod and immediately fell in love with it! ..just one problem, i have no gun sounds at all! I get the error message "No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/RH_m4/Single.StandardSound'." Has anyone else run into this? I tried searching to see if anyone had the same problem to no avail.

I just installed this Mod and immediately fell in love with it! ..just one problem, i have no gun sounds at all! I get the error message "No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/RH_m4/Single.StandardSound'." Has anyone else run into this? I tried searching to see if anyone had the same problem to no avail.

Lemme guess... you´re on Dev branch, right? Or your game has already updated to v1.24 Bootcamp DLC? Have patience that RH will release a fix patch (as well as other active weapons modellers) ASAP =)

;2728955']Lemme guess... you´re on Dev branch' date=' right? Or your game has already updated to v1.24 Bootcamp DLC? Have patience that RH will release a fix patch (as well as other active weapons modellers) ASAP =)[/quote']

Actually, yes i am on dev branch. Ok will do and thanks for the quick reply! I was wondering if i did anything wrong during the install (i followed to the instruction closely because this is my first weapons mod) because JSRS works flawlessly but SOS also is missing MX sound files (which sucks cause i seem to prefer SOS a little more)..

Actually, yes i am on dev branch. Ok will do and thanks for the quick reply! I was wondering if i did anything wrong during the install (i followed to the instruction closely because this is my first weapons mod) because JSRS works flawlessly but SOS also is missing MX sound files (which sucks cause i seem to prefer SOS a little more)..

This has been brought up over and over again.

In case you weren't aware, there's been a partial overhaul of how weapon sounds work.

Technically, RH's M4s and M16s still have their sounds, they just need to call upon a different function now.

For the record, since this is an engine-wide change, most if not all sound mods will have issues until they're updated to the new format.

SITREPS often have the short and sweet of what's going on (they're not just for stable branch updates, they have the blunt of changes made from time to time, changes already in the devbranch)

http://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00064

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2727415&viewfull=1#post2727415

Edited by Subscyed

Just to warn RH, not sure if this has been brought up before, but the sound now for the weapons are broken with the new Bootcamp Update. Hopefully we can see an update soon because my community can't live without it.

Just to warn RH, not sure if this has been brought up before, but the sound now for the weapons are broken with the new Bootcamp Update. Hopefully we can see an update soon because my community can't live without it.

Nope..never heard of this update. Sarcasm aside (sorry), I'm sure RH is working on it, he does have a life (ikr?)

For the record, since this is an engine-wide change, most if not all sound mods will have issues until they're updated to the new format.

Actually, only gunshot sounds are affected, outside of that scope, sound mods are still working (including the "distance" effect in JSRS).

Atm pack still require work tho - it will be delayed 1 week or so

you have to wait more sorry

Pistol Pack and PDW pack will get config update soon