TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

For it to work in multiplayer you'll also need to merge the included "keys" folder with the keys folder in your Arma 3 installation folder. Do this by dragging the provided "keys" folder into the Arma 3 installation and merging it with the excisting keys folder.

Keys? Why are you telling him about keys? He didn't ask about hosting a server.

PlayWithSIX is pretty neat, you only have to download to the mod to your preset, and the program should do the rest: http://play.withsix.com/

You can also directly join servers from PlayWithSIX so you'll always be able to find one that supports your mods.

thank you i will try and i will come back to tell you

Keys? Why are you telling him about keys? He didn't ask about hosting a server.

i dont wnat host server i want any server

Rash - be careful about repeating questions, the mods are sensitive to perceived spam.

I don't know how to filter for specific mods on a server. I think it may be possible with Play With Six, but I'm not expert.

HOWEVER I can confirm we run F18's, NOD's Ah64 and the new A10 on our public server.

Just filter your in game multiplayer lobby and search for "3CB"

b_560_95_1.png

the server details are here

144.76.162.200:2302 [3CB] 3 Commando Brigade Public Realism Server [ALiVE/A3MP/ACRE] - Anyone Welcome
7 3CB Insurgency ALIVE on Takistan r6 on Takistan
1/35 players

Note you will A3MP map pack, the latest version of ALiVE as well as the aforementioned mods to play.

Complete list of reqs here http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1765&p=13754

Hope that helps

SJ

Edited by serjames

Rash - be careful about repeating questions, the mods are sensitive to perceived spam.

I don't know how to filter for specific mods on a server. I think it may be possible with Play With Six, but I'm not expert.

HOWEVER I can confirm we run F18's, NOD's Ah64 and the new A10 on our public server.

Just filter your in game multiplayer lobby and search for "3CB"

the server details are here

144.76.162.200:2302 [3CB] 3 Commando Brigade Public Realism Server [ALiVE/A3MP/ACRE] - Anyone Welcome
7 3CB Insurgency ALIVE on Takistan r6 on Takistan
1/35 players

Note you will A3MP map pack, the latest version of ALiVE as well as the aforementioned mods to play.

Complete list of reqs here http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1765&p=13754

Hope that helps

SJ

thank you and sorry for spam becuas i am new in any mods this frist mod i install

High speed jets + BIS_fnc_UnitCapture = fun

Thanks for this great addon. However I think that this jet is too light or lifty. I can fly it at 140 kmh, thats waay too slow.

Hello rash07 and welcome to the community! Please take a moment to read and understand the forum rules. In the bottom, you'll find that posts by new members need to be approved manually. This can sometimes take a little while. Be advised that every submission from you worked and you created more than 8 duplicates of your post.

Thank you for your understanding!

New Arma 3 player here. I've downloaded this mod and have a question about it's installation. Where should I put the "Sample loadout script" folder and "editor" folder? I know where to put the main mod directory, as well as missions folder, but the scripts got me. I've serached on multiple topics and there's nothing there, as well as in readme file. :confused:

@Xathrodox86

sample load out script is meant for usage with your missions. Lets say if you wish to use your own custom load out in your mission on start-up. So this script is an example how to apply any missiles/bombs on aircraft on mission start [even from other author's missile boxes].

To do so:

1. create mission with at least one FA18 and save it in the editor.

2. in the init line of the unit [FA18] add this code to call the script.

fa18_dynamic_loadoutscript = [this, "js_m_fa18_aim9x_x1", "js_m_fa18_aim9x_x1","js_m_fa18_aim120c_x1","js_m_fa18_aim120c_x1","js_m_fa18_aim120c_x1","js_m_fa18_aim120c_x1", "js_m_fa18_bombrack_x1", "js_m_fa18_bombrack_x1", "js_m_fa18_aim120c_x1", "js_m_fa18_aim120c_x1", "js_m_fa18_GBU12_x1", "js_m_fa18_GBU12_x1", "js_m_fa18_GBU12_x1", "js_m_fa18_GBU12_x1", "js_m_fa18_empty", "js_m_fa18_empty", "js_m_fa18_empty", "js_m_fa18_empty","js_m_fa18_wing_tank_x1"] execvm "FA18_dynamic_loadouts.sqf";

3. open C:\Users\My_User\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\My_ProfileName\missions\My_mission.islandname folder and copy/paste FA18_instant_loadouts.sqf [from the download of FA18 mod]

so on the mission startup script will kick in and rearm FA18 with the magazines specified in the init line. Please see the PDF [README] for all possible clasnames of magazines in FA18's missile box. You can also use magazine names from vanilla game or other mods. The idea of the init line is to pass 19 variables to the rearming script to replace default loadout.

Also there is a sample mission with all that done within a FA18 download where you can see how to use these scripts to customize your aircraft on mission startup.

Also if you don't wish to mess with all this just place the aircraft near reammo truck/hangar and use arming menu UI to get your desired loadout.

So this means, that I can just ignore this script and don't copy it to my Arma 3 folder. I don't really make any missions, just play them, so I don't think I'll be needing it. Unless it is required for the missions that John Spartan made for his mod?

I need to start by saying; THANK YOU for making this addon. Yesterday I spent a good 3-4 hours just flying around, testing weapons, sightseeing and trying loadouts/paintjobs. Haven't had such fun with a single addon for a game in ages. Well effin' done! :D

I just recently made this post regarding laser guidance and artillery; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173004-Laser-guided-artillery-how-to-use-it-reliably&p=2620720#post2620720 and in that spirit I have some follow up questions when it comes to laser designation and the LGBs.

Since I don't have much of experience with flight simulators I'm not 100% sure on how to do a proper bomb run, but I've been reading up a bit on Angle of Attack, speed and so on and I think I've started to get a hang of it, somewhat atleast.

If I do the assumption that LGB's are meant to be used the same way as "dumb" bombs, but that it has guidance so it in ArmA 3 can correct for piloting errors making it hit with _good_ accuracy on the lased target .... Am I making the correct assumption then?

If there are generalization to be made, how far off target can I be and still hit a still sitting T-100 on a flat and open meadow? :)

:couch:

If I do the assumption that LGB's are meant to be used the same way as "dumb" bombs, but that it has guidance so it in ArmA 3 can correct for piloting errors making it hit with _good_ accuracy on the lased target .... Am I making the correct assumption then?

If there are generalization to be made, how far off target can I be and still hit a still sitting T-100 on a flat and open meadow? :)

:couch:

LGB = Laser GUIDED Bomb. Most aircrafts equiped with lgbs have a targeting pod ( like the 2 seat version of this mod has ) which has a laser marker in it. So you can precisly target everything even without ground units supplying a target for you. The one seat-version of this mod is however lacking such a function ( due to technical limitations? ) and is supposed to be used with ground units lasing your target. I don't know if arma does some "auto-targeting" with those bombs if dropped without any target or laser. But normally, you don't do that, you either laser your target with your own pod or let ground units give you a target.

Just wait a week or two bamse. I'm writing a manual for manual dumb bombing based on my RL experience. It involves setting up certain dive angles and speeds with release at a fixed altitude. It will teach you how to drop dumb bombs from 1000m in altitude and above with quiet some precision.

Its harder in Arma than in real life. But possible.

It will come with a tutorial mission aswell.

Wait out!

Note on the weapon naming with this mod:

'LGB12' is an incorrect naming of the bomb. As the model is trying to represent it's a GBU12BB. Wich happens to be a laser guided bomb. (LGB)

The GBU32 Name IS correct though. This is a JDAM cathegory bomb and happens to be a GPS guided bomb.

Combined functions like gps AND laser guided in one weapon also excist. Which comes in handy with moving targets if required.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Stuffy: thanks for the reply! :)

We have the actual lasing sorted out (ground units, bigg-ass UAV and/or Darter) ... I'm basically just looking for verification when it comes to how it's supposed to be dropped for most reliable effect on target when it's being lased. Do I need to do a similar inflight approach like with a JDAM, but instead of the CCIP-ish interface I lock the lased target and release? :)

Has anyone tried the LGB's on a moving constantly lased target? Does ArmA 3 update target frequenty/constantly or does it update in set intervals (like seeing the target teleport or jump short distances)?

Neptune: Awesome! That sounds really amazing. Keep us updated! :D

Awesome work on these jets guys :) I need some help though. In editor I want to use the F18 as a CAS support vehicle stationed at Altis airport in a hangar. Problem is when I sync it to a support module Alive type or normal it start up when I spawn in to preview turns right and tries to bugger off over land into the sunset. It shows up on my Alive support menu and normal Arma3 support options fine though. I've tried changing the payable/unplayable/information settings etc but its still the same. The only time it doesn't try and run away is when I select it as player. I'm new to modding so help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Has anyone tried the LGB's on a moving constantly lased target? Does ArmA 3 update target frequenty/constantly or does it update in set intervals (like seeing the target teleport or jump short distances)?

Neptune: Awesome! That sounds really amazing. Keep us updated! :D

The LGB will follow the Laser fluently. You dont need to maintain a lock.

For more precision you need to drop the bomb as close as possible to correct falling parameters.

The more you are outside these parameters, the more energy the bomb will bleed as it tries to turn the nose on the target. The bomb will basically stall.

IRL it is usually released using CCRP mode, in relation to a certain coordinate. If the moving target is close enough, the bomb can still hit. When it moves away to fast the bomb will lose energy trying to get to the target and miss.

CCIP is also an option for the drop but this is mostly then done with lower level aircraft.

AND...ofcourse a manual release. This is what you have to do in Arma.

So, wait for my tables + tutorial. ;)

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Awesome, my thoughts are confirmed. Looking forward to your release :)

Hello, I'm finding that the 2 seater version F the AA missiles dont lock to any enemy air whereas the E version does the one seater.

We were about to try out the buddy system and refueling mid air on our dedicated MP server, but we ran into the strangest problem with the F-model. When we tried to switch to a four tank with a buddy pod, the hold layout switched back during rearming to the default one after a few seconds. We even got the "Rearming complete" message.

After that we couldn't rearm to any custom layout at all, it just kept switching back to default really fast. We tried reloading the mission but it kept reverting back to default no matter what we tried. E-model worked like a charm during the whole test.

We used MCC at the time of testing, could that affect anything perhaps?

Has anyone else had this issue? :)

We were about to try out the buddy system and refueling mid air on our dedicated MP server, but we ran into the strangest problem with the F-model. When we tried to switch to a four tank with a buddy pod, the hold layout switched back during rearming to the default one after a few seconds. We even got the "Rearming complete" message.

After that we couldn't rearm to any custom layout at all, it just kept switching back to default really fast. We tried reloading the mission but it kept reverting back to default no matter what we tried. E-model worked like a charm during the whole test.

We used MCC at the time of testing, could that affect anything perhaps?

Has anyone else had this issue? :)

When using the F/A-18F model it is advised you only have one person in the cockpit and that they first jump into the gunner seat and then the pilot seat. If you experience the quick swap issue again get out and try jumping in the gunner seat and then pilots seat once again. If anyone jumps into the gunner seat while the loadout is running there is a fairly high probability it will break who owns the plane (locality) and therefore break proper operation of the script.

ah, we only tried having the pilot jumping in, doing the loadout and gunner had to wait for everything to complete before jumping in. Will try the "position switch trick", thx!

Manualbombing_front.JPG

It's finally here! My manual to learn dropping bombs accurately without all the fancy gadgets like GPS, Laser designation or bombing computer's CCIP/CCRP modes!

By working on this manual I was able to confirm ArmA's bomb physics ARE indeed CORRECT unlike some state...

The bombs as described in the manual follow a glide path wich is EXACTLY the one from the Mk-82 in a standard atmosphere and so my release parameter table from real life IS usable.

Bombs do act strange when released from very low speeds. (Under 100 km/h) But since that never happens....no problem.

WARNING: Manual bombing requires discipline in flight. Striving for perfection and patience in training! The random 'fancy flyboy' simply won't hack it! Prepare to drop dozens of bombs to get this down right. Trust me! Eventually you will be able to drop bombs from over 1000m altitude with 10m precision!

See this thread!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173378-Manual-Bombing

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Nice, I'm used to real flight sims having CCIP and so on but this is nice.