TeTeT

F/A-18 Super Hornet and Su-35S Flanker E

the service menu is really one of the key features in your mod, I really hope to see it spread around other mods such as the A 10 currently in WIP :D

You guys did it again, great mod! The only thing is can you edit the original post to get the SU-35 on the front page? It was definitely worth looking for though.(Pg 70)

the service menu is really one of the key features in your mod, I really hope to see it spread around other mods such as the A 10 currently in WIP :D

Is Stillman still active though? He had regular updates in the WIP section and looked like he was only a week or so from release and then all the sudden his thread went inactive and that was about a month ago.

I'm having a problem getting missile lock too. This *might* be a BI problem because I'm fairly sure I had the Hornet locking on to things some time ago...

I encounter the same issue, when I'm trying to lock my R77 ("BVR") at the F/A-18. Btw thanks for making the vector thrust so amazing to look.

iMcnQiX.jpg

Smile

URjDn0C.jpg

Two nice screenshots for two cool planes, great work guys.

Edited by Largos.

first off, awesome mod. it's one of the things that drove me to getting ARMA 3. these are so much fun to just hop in and take for a spin around the islands. my main question though is in reference to the ejection sequence. when my GF first showed me the mod over skype, the ejection sequence had a more traditional round parachute canopy that you could repack once landed. when i eject in the 1.51 version, it's just the default ARMA parachute. is there a way to get the round chute on my pilot?

Hello everyone, apologies for not responding in these many awesome days but I have been with family for the holidays. I certainly see that everyone is enjoying the new Su-35s and that is awesome. John and myself went into overtime to have a good stable release for the holidays and it seems our work has payed off. Do know that updates are planned in the future for the Su-35s and the F18s so keep those bug reports and awesome feedback coming and we will as always do our best to bring quality mods to the community.

@EricJ - Can you find pics of the Block 2 ECS stacks as I have no idea what you are referring to?

@Largos - Front post will be edited with new pics and Su-35 stuff when I return home. Also, awesome picture of foreign relations.

@Gnat - Awesome pics

@Tinyman - Glad you like the mod. As for the ejection sequence the parachutes are Arma 3 default. Currently we have no plans to create authentic parachutes for the NASUS 2 ejection seat or the Russian equivalent. If we do, it will be quite some time from now has we have other priorities for both aircraft.

Good hunting all!

Welcome back Saul and I hope you guys had happy holidays!

Anything on not getting missile lockon? Running stable version. Thanks!

Thanks for this great addon!

Sry if it was already asked, but is there any chance of an ArmA2 version of Su35, russians kinda lack an air superiority (multi role) fighter if you dont have ace.

Thanks for this great addon!

Sry if it was already asked, but is there any chance of an ArmA2 version of Su35, russians kinda lack an air superiority (multi role) fighter if you dont have ace.

pretty sure this isn't the place to be asking for anything arma 2 related...

As I´ve stated before, hope you guys include HMD - Helmet Mounted Display (as Chortles just did with his port of the F-35) in the future patches, so both the Su35 and Superhornet can shoot the Archer and AIM-9X off-boresight!

Cheers =)

@Corporal - It is planned :)

@Corporal - It is planned :)
I want to clarify that I have mankyle to thank for the HMD. :) I must say though, Saul, that I'd be really interested in seeing you and John_Spartan's own HMD implementation!

Do you plan to release a CSAT version as well or just Russian?

SKINS for SU35 - yes there is a plan with next release to create a CSAT skin and use that as a default other skins will be optional via paint scheme library.

WEAPON LOCKING - this is the key priority right now I am working on for both FA18's and Su35. Plan is to stick to BI default system as much as possible to reduce script performance load on users machine [in MP larger battles its important]. On helmet HUD is on the way but not as you lads thought, or as Chortles used BI default "movable" HUD display code. unfortunately game engine restricts missiles to locked in certain angle so off-bore sight lock [battlefield as example] currently is not possible [to my knowledge] without scripts. But there is some information that pilots will receive on helmet HUD to help navigation and target acquisition.

INTERACTIVE COCKPIT - as nice and cool it might seem, but we done some trails on this [based on what Franze has shared with me] and it's a massive resource drag for a fast air unit. We will consider [and we want it] this function to be added as one of the last to make sure performance is maintained. On rotary wing or slower planes its not as bad [map around player is rendered in slower speed] but if you add on frame based handler on jet that can go 1000-1200 speed units, on map like Altis, not many PC's will be able to use it without a significant frame rate impact. We would like that every one can play this with this mod and also be able to customize to suit his preference.

Also I am positively looking forward to the next BI's patches with NATO and CSAT jets. I would like to think that with all this time invested in developing them there is something new coming down the pipeline for fixed wing. I am not expecting stuning models or best jets, but what we are hoping is weapons locking, flight model and damage system improvement's on fixed wing. We will see.

Edited by John_Spartan

Also another nitpick... you going to angle the pylons as well?

I would like to have a psd of both (4k if possible) when you are ready :P

I would very appreciate that.

@Eric and Phoenix - F/A-18's will receive one more final model and texture update [uV layouts will change]. Once that will be done we will release PSD templates for people to create their art/skins. Also a full documentation how to apply them will be added. We are looking to get a big update on both projects out in next few months.