tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi TPW.The idea for the future. Add Helmet-Mounted Display System to helicopter pilot for control the cannon or rockets.3107a1d0736a05cda72273a39e2cd07f.jpg

Really great addon! My first impression (after playing few minutes) - there's too much information (sometimes useless especially if you play only like infantry) and too close to the center of view, but after play 2h i change my opinion :) Actually if i set up good level of brightness - it's ok. But imho you may add "customize" dispersion of data from center of view - maybe in "steps"? In functional area - in terms of manage of your team maybe you can add "compass" (N, W, NW..) next to azimuth values - eg. AZM: 278 (S). Anyway one of the most useful addon!

Edited by braveblades

Here are some screenies of the new HUD. IT ... IS ... AMAZING !!

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028634738/screenshots/

@TPW ... I really like what you have done with this. I ESPECIALLY love the chevrons. Good work fella !

This HUD has wonderful potential ahead of it!

Thanks for the screenshots Kremator!

Np mate ... I know what it is like being stuck at work and not able to play or even see what is happening !

@TPW - I like the setup of the HUD, unlike the others, it SHOULD be close to centre vision IMHO. I suppose the first thing I'd like to see is a way to change the colour of the writing. In some circumstances it is difficult to see. The enemy trackers/positions is just genius and something I have been wanting for quite a while ! Looking forward to seeing where the HUD can go.

It seems to have a GRAW feel to it.

Yay!

You sure you have the correct type? Check the README.

Yay!

@TPW - one problem, if i wear google and start mission - everything is ok, but when i switch to another unit in my team - it didn't work and when i switch back to my previous unit - it still didn't work.

Great mod.

Tested the HUD and its real fun and works well with A3's near future style. However, i would personally add the information down to the right side of screen (where the little monitor sits on the glasses) instead of around the crosshair. It feels a bit distracting. :cool:

I know its more work, but would it be possible to have an entry in userconfig where we can choose maybe "middle", "bottom left", "bottom right" etc? I would appreciate that very much. :)

Thanks for all the hard work!

EDIT: Also another idea. Thought about AZT (azimut). if it could show N,NW,W,SW,S... together with the numbers? Since AI usually call "Specop NW, 100m" it would really make them even more functional glasses to quicker assesing direction based on AI's calls. So instead of just "AZT:180" it says "AZT:S 180".

Edited by Alex72

Am I right that HUD is using sides to define what colour to use for chevrons? Failed a mission a couple of times for firing on my own side as OPFOR before I got close enough to see that the guys being painted red were on my team!

Am I right that HUD is using sides to define what colour to use for chevrons? Failed a mission a couple of times for firing on my own side as OPFOR before I got close enough to see that the guys being painted red were on my team!

Assuming it works in a few ways that previous ArmA games have worked like in the Warfare missions, aren't the factions always color coded? Blue is BLUFOR, Red is OPFOR, and Green is IND?

Edited by Foffy

Great mod.

Tested the HUD and its real fun and works well with A3's near future style. However, i would personally add the information down to the right side of screen (where the little monitor sits on the glasses) instead of around the crosshair. It feels a bit distracting. :cool:

I know its more work, but would it be possible to have an entry in userconfig where we can choose maybe "middle", "bottom left", "bottom right" etc? I would appreciate that very much. :)

Thanks for all the hard work!

EDIT: Also another idea. Thought about AZT (azimut). if it could show N,NW,W,SW,S... together with the numbers? Since AI usually call "Specop NW, 100m" it would really make them even more functional glasses to quicker assesing direction based on AI's calls. So instead of just "AZT:180" it says "AZT:S 180".

This :)

If you read the hud script you will see that colours can be set from there. Enemy are red, civs and friendlies are green and I think your group are orange. Again, I think having that information (or, in the future, selectable info) does make sense to be around the central point.

Hi guys, thanks for all the input. The next update (tonight) will address a couple of issues:

- AZT will now show degrees and compass points

- Unit icon coloration will work regardless of what side you play as.

- You'll be able to select from small, medium and large HUD size, where small takes up the current centre 3rd of the screen, medium will take up about 1/2, and large will use the whole screen.

Since this is my mod, my initial vision for it is a HUD that is centered around the player's gaze. Eventually I'll make it so that individual display elements can be placed anywhere, but for now you'll just have to suck it up!

As of now, the HUD is gone since last release with the exception of ID diamonds

Hey TPW: I don't know if your versioning follows some personal rule or if you simply use an incremental method, but you may find this documet an interesting read! :D

Yay!

Hey TPW: I don't know if your versioning follows some personal rule or if you simply use an incremental method, but you may find this documet an interesting read! :D

Yay!

Pretty simple, each release of TPW MODS is simply a datestamp. That leaves me and everyone else in no doubt as to when I released it. As for the individual mods: when I release something it's 1.00. Each update is + 0.01.

Since you've complained about it I'm now going to use Roman numerals for all versions. I hope you'll enjoy TPW MODS MMXIVCDVII :)

Awesome .... let's get back to the good old days of roman numerals !

I still get the error that says it couldn't spawn an ambient aircraft and that I need to consider downloading it. Or something like that.

@foffy & kremator

I see both your points, I was just surprised when playing as an Opfor to see my own team in red. Also when playing on a map as Blufor against bot Opfor and Indfor, the latter was also showing up green when it should be red.

@foffy & kremator

I see both your points, I was just surprised when playing as an Opfor to see my own team in red. Also when playing on a map as Blufor against bot Opfor and Indfor, the latter was also showing up green when it should be red.

Don't worry about it mate, it'll be fixed in a few hours!

---------- Post added at 15:41 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

I still get the error that says it couldn't spawn an ambient aircraft and that I need to consider downloading it. Or something like that.

D'oh! That was on my to do list and slipped off with all the HUD excitement. I will fix it pronto.

Don't worry about it mate, it'll be fixed in a few hours![/Quote]

You, Sir, are a god

I really like the sound of these 'tactical glasses', is it possible to use (only) them in an MP co-op scenario?

Hey, tpw I was wondering if it was possible to have the HUD turned off when you don't need it. The HUD opacity is already changeable, so I thought that it may not be such a bad idea to be able to set it to zero.

Also, as a somewhat unimportant request, can you give the HUD compatibility to the Hidden Identity Pack V.2's shemaghs with glasses? I've been using these for a while and I've switched to the tac glasses for your mod. It would give a nice Ghost Recon (the new one, not the realistic and very difficult originals) feel to it.