tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Yes, replace your tpw_mods.hpp and edit to taste:

// FOG

tpw_fog_active = 1; // 0 = inactive

tpw_fog_radius = 250; // units must be closer than this to show foggy breath (m). 0 = foggy breath disabled

tpw_fog_delay = 5; // delay before fog functions start (sec)

tpw_fog_breath = 1; // foggy breath enabled. 0 = disabled

tpw_fog_groundfog = 1; // ground fog enabled. 0 = disabled

tpw_fog_rainfog = 1; // rain fog enabled. 0 = disabled

tpw_fog_heathaze = 1; // heat haze enabled. 0 = disabled

tpw_fog_cansnow = 1; // snow enabled. 0 = disabled

Fantastic, already tried it, works great. Now i need a fully overcasted sky but with 0% chance for rain, then it would be perfect in adjusting weather.

Tpw, you have knowledge, is something like that possible to do?

Fantastic, already tried it, works great. Now i need a fully overcasted sky but with 0% chance for rain, then it would be perfect in adjusting weather.

Tpw, you have knowledge, is something like that possible to do?

Yep, it's what I do to replace rain with snow. The trouble is that overcast and rain are tied together, a heavily overcast sky will always start raining eventually. The way I get around it is just run this:

while {true} do
{
if (rain > 0) then
	{
	0 setrain 0;
	};
sleep 1;
};

Jeez man, your chest must be swollen with pride knowing that this mod is the BOMB!

Fantastic work with every update Dude.

Bohemia Interactive are very lucky to have a dedicated Dude like yourself around.

Concerns are duly noted and will be put to rest in 6 hours when I get home from work! Sorry for any Arma angst I have caused you.

My shaking slowly goes away. ;)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi tpw, is there a way to change the altitude of the ambient aircraft or is it random? I would prefer to have the aircraft flyby a lot lower than they do at present.

Thanks.

I think they were just adjusted UP... perhaps it's now configurable.. will have to look again.

Hi tpw, is there a way to change the altitude of the ambient aircraft or is it random? I would prefer to have the aircraft flyby a lot lower than they do at present.

Thanks.

I think they were just adjusted UP... perhaps it's now configurable.. will have to look again.

Ambient aircraft fly at one of three random heights: 50m, 250m and 500m, and at one of three random speeds: LIMITED, NORMAL and FULL. Feel free to dive into the script version to change them.

Is there a way to add different aircraft from other mods, like John/Saul F18, Peral A10, helicopters like Chinook/Cobra/Huey, etc etc?

Is there a way to add different aircraft from other mods, like John/Saul F18, Peral A10, helicopters like Chinook/Cobra/Huey, etc etc?

Of course there is, if there are class names available. To be honest I haven't spent too much energy beyond the default aircraft because they are strictly there for eye/ear candy. If you want to give me a list of aircraft classes then I can put them in, because I'm not proactively going out there to track down all the aircraft addons and classes sorry.

Tried this for the first time and missions are now on another level...

Great stuff and i don't think i'm able to play without it anymore. Big thanks

One issue though:

I tried also a parajump and the wind noise seemed much to hard.

Especially when the chute was opened i would expect a much softer sound but even a few meters above ground with almost no speed the wind kept raving with full speed.

Is there any chance i can change this through the parameters or is this gonna be changed in future?

I have been using this mod for about 1 month. I never thought to come on here and tell you how awesome you are for making it. Thank you TPW.

I just wish someone would make a comprehensive list on what features work on multiplayer. I know fall and los work.

Tried this for the first time and missions are now on another level...

Great stuff and i don't think i'm able to play without it anymore. Big thanks

One issue though:

I tried also a parajump and the wind noise seemed much to hard.

Especially when the chute was opened i would expect a much softer sound but even a few meters above ground with almost no speed the wind kept raving with full speed.

Is there any chance i can change this through the parameters or is this gonna be changed in future?

Firstly, I skydived for 10 years, so feel reasonably qualified to comment on the noise in freefall and under canopy. The freefall noise is actually off a skydiving video of mine, and it's accurate. Once under canopy it can actually get quite noisy, particularly if you're under a small one in which case you are easily doing 50+ km/h.

The current implementation of these two noises is not perfect though, I agree. There is no noise when the canopy actually cracks open (very noisy in real life), and the wind under canopy noise is just a single long sample which does not vary, as you have noticed. Both sounds are played using the playmusic command (for technical reasons), so if your music volume is set high, then these sounds may be too loud. I can look into varying the volume as s function of speed/height though.

Firstly, I skydived for 10 years, so feel reasonably qualified to comment on the noise in freefall and under canopy. The freefall noise is actually off a skydiving video of mine, and it's accurate. Once under canopy it can actually get quite noisy, particularly if you're under a small one in which case you are easily doing 50+ km/h.

The current implementation of these two noises is not perfect though, I agree. There is no noise when the canopy actually cracks open (very noisy in real life), and the wind under canopy noise is just a single long sample which does not vary, as you have noticed. Both sounds are played using the playmusic command (for technical reasons), so if your music volume is set high, then these sounds may be too loud. I can look into varying the volume as s function of speed/height though.

Hi TPW,

While you may be right that the noise is that loud under freefall and at high speed / high altidtude under canopy it really depends also on the other sounds (and their volume) that are being used or not used in ARMA. (f.e. no sound when canopy cracks open). In other words balancing might be needed to allow smoother transitions.

btw my brother is a parasailer so while i can't comment on the freefall part he has a lot of experience for flying under canopy.

Right now it feels like this to me:

freefall: 100% volume

canopy cracks open: 0% volume

under canopy: 100% volume

on ground: 0% volume

(I have all arma sounds at default levels and i use the dev version but i dunno if this makes any difference btw)

The part where i feel is especially to loud is the under canopy part (low speed, low altitude) and like you said yourself one single sample is used without variables affecting it. It would indeed be great, like you suggested if the noise gets more quite when reducing speed and altitude.

Another possibility and maybe short term fix would be to lower the volume of the sound sample under canopy to allow a smoother transition because it really feels strange when going 2 km/h slow hanging 5 meters above the ground and yet the sound still plays like you are going more then 50 km/h.

F.e. set the sound under canopy as if you were going 25 km/h on medium altitude.

thanks again for the mod and for listening to suggestions.

Edited by DrDeathO5

I don't want to derail from your skydiving discussion, but with tpw_animals activated (the current script version) I get constant dog barking sounds in the background. It's possible that Speed of Sound is causing that but I thought, maybe there's a reason for this at both ends. ;)

Hmm, I always run the script versions of my mods and I haven't encountered the constant dog bark. Can you show me the parameters you call it with?

Hmm, I always run the script versions of my mods and I haven't encountered the constant dog bark. Can you show me the parameters you call it with?

Actually I can't really recreate this problem right now... I'll come back at you as soon as I hear it occur again.

tpw,

I am pretty sure now that the bleedout module is causing the issue, which raises your stance to standing after healing.

Though I did not look at the code I guess the bug might be located in the code, which adjusts player stance when you get injured? Maybe the same code is also fired, when health is increased?

(Not a big thing, but it got me killed several times, so I would really appreciate a fix. ;) )

Hullo there

A superb collection of mods. 2 quick questions I was unable to locate a clear answer for.

1. is there a specific "weapon resting" pbo I can remove as I favour a different one?

2. Will the ambient air module pick up any custom mods or just the vanilla aircraft? Is there a config where I can add classnames?

2b. Forces ignore enemy air craft and visa versa can this be altered?

Regardless, this mod collection is essential to my SP gameplay and have bought the campaign to life for me.

Superb stuff.

Rgds

LoK

Hullo there

A superb collection of mods. 2 quick questions I was unable to locate a clear answer for.

1. is there a specific "weapon resting" pbo I can remove as I favour a different one?

2. Will the ambient air module pick up any custom mods or just the vanilla aircraft? Is there a config where I can add classnames?

2b. Forces ignore enemy air craft and visa versa can this be altered?

Regardless, this mod collection is essential to my SP gameplay and have bought the campaign to life for me.

Superb stuff.

Rgds

LoK

There is no resting mechanich that I know of.

Yay!

Hey, I just downloaded this mod via Play withsix but I come across an error when launching it.

http://puu.sh/7DIG1.png <----- Here is the error I get.

I'm not sure what's causing it. I've tried launching it in a collection and just by itself, but the error still occurs.

I've checked the directory, and the .hpp file is there and openable, so I don't really see why the error's happening.

Can someone lend me a hand here?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

-Lewis1190

tpw,

I am pretty sure now that the bleedout module is causing the issue, which raises your stance to standing after healing.

Though I did not look at the code I guess the bug might be located in the code, which adjusts player stance when you get injured? Maybe the same code is also fired, when health is increased?

(Not a big thing, but it got me killed several times, so I would really appreciate a fix. ;) )

oly41, TPW BLEEDOUT works differently for player and AI units, so I'm not sure that what you are describing can be attributed to it. Players continue to bleed, and will eventually have stamina issues etc as assigned by the engine, but only AI units end up incapacitated on the ground. This means that only AI units turn over and get back on their feet after being healed.

oly41, TPW BLEEDOUT works differently for player and AI units, so I'm not sure that what you are describing can be attributed to it. Players continue to bleed, and will eventually have stamina issues etc as assigned by the engine, but only AI units end up incapacitated on the ground. This means that only AI units turn over and get back on their feet after being healed.

Well, then my guess for the reason is wrong. Still, the effect is somehow caused by TPW_BLEEDOUT. I have disabled it, and since then I am no longer forced to stand up after patching myself up.

Hey, I just downloaded this mod via Play withsix but I come across an error when launching it.

http://puu.sh/7DIG1.png <----- Here is the error I get.

I'm not sure what's causing it. I've tried launching it in a collection and just by itself, but the error still occurs.

I've checked the directory, and the .hpp file is there and openable, so I don't really see why the error's happening.

Can someone lend me a hand here?

Play WithSix places a tpw_mods-folder inside the tpw_mods-folder inside the userconfig folder. So your tpw_mods.hpp is probably here: Arma3 3\userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.hpp, which is one directory too many. I don't know why PWS does that, but it does. Move the tpw_mods.hpp one directory up and you should be good to go.