tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW MODS 20140407: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140407.zip

Changes:

[HUD 1.02] All HUD elements can be individually sized and placed. HUD can be scaled and offset. Enemies correctly coloured if playing as OPFOR. Compass points on AZT display.

Please update your /userconfig/tpw_mods/tpw_mods.hpp

OK so this update should address the majority of concerns that people have expressed regarding the appearance and configuration of TPW HUD. By default the HUD appears with my interpretation of a simple functional HUD. If you like that, then good for you! If you don't then it's now simple to totally change the appearance via the TPW_MODS.hpp file.

If you like the default layout but would like it larger, then you can simply scale the whole thing up with a single parameter change. If you'd like it down in the bottom right of the screen, then you can change the [x,y] offset. If you'd like all the HUD text larger/smaller, then you can change that too. Of course you may change the various HUD colours and initial transparency.

However you are now free to change the [x, y] position and size of each individual HUD element. If you want the elements all lined up down one side of the screen or along the top or bottom, then knock yourself out. If you want the AZT and RNG displays in small text near the cursor position, with everything else in large text around the screen edges, then do it.

I would really appreciate it if people could post their TPW HUD config settings for others (including me) to play with. Down the line I might select a few of them so that the HUD can be changed to different designs on the fly.

If anyone is considering whingeing about the inability to change all these HUD settings on the fly via an in game UI rather than config wrangling... don't.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Hey, tpw I was wondering if it was possible to have the HUD turned off when you don't need it. The HUD opacity is already changeable, so I thought that it may not be such a bad idea to be able to set it to zero.

Also, as a somewhat unimportant request, can you give the HUD compatibility to the Hidden Identity Pack V.2's shemaghs with glasses? I've been using these for a while and I've switched to the tac glasses for your mod. It would give a nice Ghost Recon (the new one, not the realistic and very difficult originals) feel to it.

If you cycle through HUD brightness there's a zero brightness setting = no HUD.

I'll add user defined glasses as a config setting soon, for those who want to use different eyewear.

Pretty simple, each release of TPW MODS is simply a datestamp. That leaves me and everyone else in no doubt as to when I released it. As for the individual mods: when I release something it's 1.00. Each update is + 0.01.

Since you've complained about it I'm now going to use Roman numerals for all versions. I hope you'll enjoy TPW MODS MMXIVCDVII :)

That was not a complaint! :( I'm sorry it came out as such.

Yay!

That was not a complaint! :( I'm sorry it came out as such.

Yay!

Was just joking mate! I value your input.

I may be capable of doing something about a GUI to customize your HUD, although it may take some time.

Yay!

Just wanted to say how awesome the HUD is! It feels a bit like cheating but very handy against scores of AI when alone, it is the future and I sometimes need the help with those damned cheating aimbots! Tactical missions feel tactical now, with actual technology... :cool:

Thank you for your work! Here have my excited banana :yay:

Hmm, the HUD mod isn't loading after a save. I also use moduload. I save my game, go back to menu, load game, initialize mods with moduload, but no TPW Hud shows up with tac glasses anymore. :(

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great release !

For those like me who had problem to show the HUD up, just configure in your character profile the tactical glasses for it to appears in the editor !

Unfortunately, the HUD is not preserved while switching unit nor after loading a saved game...

Does the HUD work in the campaign?

Yay!

Great release !

For those like me who had problem to show the HUD up, just configure in your character profile the tactical glasses for it to appears in the editor !

Unfortunately, the HUD is not preserved while switching unit nor after loading a saved game...

Thx for the tipp :)

TPW, thanks for hud addon, but Could you show only spotter unit in line vision?, if you are back a wall you can see mark the unit in front, but you don´t know what is the movement this unit if you don´t see them. jajaja you aren´t a diviner.

Thanks a lot for the (quick) update, tpw! :)

Super immersive mod one simply cant live without. Thanks for improving the ARMA series over all these years. Modders like you make ARMA so much more enjoyable. :cool:

Dybite:

TPW, thanks for hud addon, but Could you show only spotter unit in line vision?, if you are back a wall you can see mark the unit in front, but you don´t know what is the movement this unit if you don´t see them. jajaja you aren´t a diviner.

I dont see moving markers behind walls - markers stop before they go behind a wall only giving me info about how long ago he went behind the wall. Maybe it can spaz out sometimes. Im gonna check a bit more and report back.

How will your configuration look when it's completed? I am looking forward to seeing what you and others will come up with.
Ideally speaking, starting the tool will pop up a window where all mods are listed as buttons. Clicking on a button would open another window with a list of fields where you could modify each variable. You could then close and save, and the .hpp file would be updated.

Ideally I'd like to add the possibility of having multiple loadable and savable presets. Also, the HUD section should have a working preview of the HUD as you change the values.

This is just a quick sum-up, I'll expand and rewrite this better if it comes out people are interested in this. :)

Yay!

Tested some more and markers of enemy AI does not move behind walls for me. I could see them move behind bushes, but thats not tpw's fault. BIS didnt make bushes fully concealing in A3. Only the tall jungle grass do that me think. ;)

Sorry man and TPW, is true, you can see enemy unit in the grass.

Just wanted to say how awesome the HUD is! It feels a bit like cheating but very handy against scores of AI when alone, it is the future and I sometimes need the help with those damned cheating aimbots! Tactical missions feel tactical now, with actual technology... :cool:

Thank you for your work! Here have my excited banana :yay:

Remember, we are in a future setting, so i'm OK with all this marking.

Are TPW's animals altered in any way. Last night I sprinted bang into a meandering sheep and my screen flashed red, like I was taking damage.

Hey TPW, great addition - looking forward to trying it out tonight. One suggestion: Would you consider adding the time of day somewhere inobtrusive, as you sometimes get a task to get somewhere before say, 22:00. For instance, the first campaign part had you rendezvous before some time of day IIRC

Cheers,

OP

Edit: Sorry couldn't tell from the screenshots that you already have that covered :p

Edited by Old_Painless

TPW, In other release TPW HUD wish show 3D marker in 500 m?? for example you put in the map marker with HQ or Enemy Mortar point with 2D marker, when you are positioning to 500 meters or minus you can see the 3D marker with HQ in front your face. ;)

In this thread talking about this. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168074-How-to-make-3d-wasteland-style-on-screen-player-markers

Other idea, i don´t like see the health, i would prefers the name vehicles for example.

Thanks!!!

Edited by dybite

@dybite - I'm pretty sure that what you're seeing the intended behaviour of the networked goggles. You may not be able to see a target but if someone else in your squad has goggles too, and they do have line of sight to the target, then the target will show up in your goggles. In my experience, trees and bushes usually block line of sight to a target. And lastly, if you don't like the health indicator, remove it from your config.

@gliptal - wow, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Thanks mate.

@maturin. Ambient animals have always been able to hurt you, nothing to do with my scripts. Dogs are particular bastards!

I have had a bit of a look at the HUD not being preserved through team switches and think I might be able to come up with something. As for not coming back up with saved games, that's a bigger problem which will require more cogitation. If anyone has ideas then I'm all ears.

Hello.

In tpw_hud.sqf deprecated "onEachFrame" is used - it breaks Task Force Arrowhead Radio and other modes. Please, replace it by https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

Thanks.

Good call nkey, thanks. I have implemented the stacked eventhandler and will release it shortly.