tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

create and attachTo a Trigger to player and play through that, then delete trig when on-ground?

I say invisible guy freefalling behind you constantly shouting the freefalling sound! :D

Yay!

Hi BZ, thanks for the kind words

Unfortunately the only way to get the freefall sound to actually follow the player is to use the playmusic command, which will obviously interfere with any currently playing music. Believe me I've spent a lot of frustrating hours trying to get sound fx following a moving player and they all fail for one reason or another. If I stumble over a workaround then rest assured I will implement it ASAP.

TPW, no worries!

I got it to work but without your mod running.

Add this to the description.ext:

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={};

class intro

{ name = ""; sound[] = {\music\intro.ogg, db+5, 1.0};

};

};

Then add a trigger, make it large, ie 500 x 500, so the player unit won't leave it while free falling:

On ACT: 5 fademusic 1; playmusic "intro";

ON DEA: 5 fademusic 0;

Save the trigger, group the player unit with it. Then open the trigger again and:

Type: None

Activation: Any Group Member, Once

Voila!

Like I said this does not work with your mod running. Once your freefall sound starts up it cuts out the music file.

Question: where in your mod can I deactivate the freefall sound?

Thanks

@BoldWin, you can't configure out freefall noise using the addon version, but you can use the script version of TPW FALL and edit out the relevant bits thusly:

// FREEFALL NOISE
tpw_fall_fnc_freefall = 
{
/* comment out the guts of the function
if ((getposasl player) select 2 < 10 ) exitwith {};

// Play freefall noise		
playmusic "freefallwind";

2 fadeMusic 1;

// Wait until slow enough
waituntil
	{
	sleep 0.2;
	(abs (velocity player select 2) < 5 || !(alive player)) 
	};
playmusic "chutewind";

// Wait until on ground
waituntil
	{
	sleep 1;
	((istouchingground player) || !(alive player)) 
	};
playmusic "";
2 fadeMusic 0.5;
*/

}; 

@Gliptal/@Goblin: I can actually convert sounds to cfgsounds and play them using say/say2d/say3d, but it all gets very problematic once a unit is under canopy.

TPW, no worries!

I got it to work but without your mod running.

Add this to the description.ext:

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={};

class intro

{ name = ""; sound[] = {\music\intro.ogg, db+5, 1.0};

};

};

Then add a trigger, make it large, ie 500 x 500, so the player unit won't leave it while free falling:

On ACT: 5 fademusic 1; playmusic "intro";

ON DEA: 5 fademusic 0;

Save the trigger, group the player unit with it. Then open the trigger again and:

Type: None

Activation: Any Group Member, Once

Voila!

Like I said this does not work with your mod running. Once your freefall sound starts up it cuts out the music file.

Question: where in your mod can I deactivate the freefall sound?

Thanks

TPW,

Thanks a bunch. I figured it out last night. (Yes I admit I'm addicted) Ofcourse its in tpwfall.... daaa....

Yes I used the scripts and edited out the freefall sound. :-D

Hi TPW, i ve just read on armaholic that there are released civilians (middle eastern, african) as part of Aggressors mod. Is it possible to add some kind of config, so that when we play on Takistan or similar, your mod would use middle eastern civilians instead? Its alright, if you are not interested :), im just wondering. Aggressors mod is of superb quality, especially now when its more complex and is using JSRS sounds :).

Hi TPW, i ve just read on armaholic that there are released civilians (middle eastern, african) as part of Aggressors mod. Is it possible to add some kind of config, so that when we play on Takistan or similar, your mod would use middle eastern civilians instead? Its alright, if you are not interested :), im just wondering. Aggressors mod is of superb quality, especially now when its more complex and is using JSRS sounds :).

Already on it. I've been using Aggressors since day 1, but the 1.5 release finally allows decent civs. I've implemented a system which automatically switches to Mid East civs on Mid East masps, and African civs on jungle maps. I will release it later today.

That's awesome news TPW, thank you. Can't wait to see that in action.

I will also showcase the new version on my blog once you release it.

Griff

TPW MODS 20140303 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140303.zip

Changes:

[bOATS 1.21, CARS 1.29, CIVS 1.30] Middle East and African civilians automatically spawned on appropriate maps. Requires Ohally's CAF Aggressors mod.

Thanks very much to the excellent work of Ohally, there are now region specific civilians if you are running CAF Aggressors. The system will automatically assign the correct civ type depending on the map you run - based on the maps I have been able to get running using @A3MP.

Mid east/Central Asian - Mid East Civs

• Fayshkhabur
  • Clafghan
  • Fallujah
  • FATA/Afghan Village
  • Hazarkot
  • Reshmaan
  • Shapur
  • Takistan
  • Torabora
  • Qom
  • Zargabad

Tropical/Desert - African Civs

• FSF Jungle
  • Nziwasogo
  • Tropica
  • Tigeria/Tigeria SE

If you can think of other working maps that fit either category then please let me know.

I will update civilians as Ohally does.

Sangin? Can't wait to try this tomorrow. Great work sir!

Edited by SnowingJimBob

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is just fantastic. Can't wait to get to my gaming machine to try it out.

Thank you again for being you.

Great job! :) You are very fast, i can't wait to try it out. Arma 3 missing civilan population was major immersion breaker for me, now its sooo much better thanks to you :)

New update v1.35 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tpw_mods.png

@ TPW;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

dammit... every update i have to go threw it and add my little planes and heli at different heights and speeds... your killing me here TPW.. :)

Never the less thanks for the continued support of this mod

dammit... every update i have to go threw it and add my little planes and heli at different heights and speeds... your killing me here TPW.. :)

Never the less thanks for the continued support of this mod

Can't have an unhappy customer. PM me the code and I shall insert it (into the mod).

TPW MODS 20140305: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140305.zip

Changes:

[AIR 1.19] Additional randomisation of aircraft speed and height (for Lordprimate :)].

[bLEEDOUT 1.07] Units can be prevented from bleeding to death using setvariable ["tpw_bleedout_nodeath",1] in the unit's init or via script.

[bOATS 1.22, CARS 1.30, CIVS 1.31] CAF Aggressors Middle East civs spawned on Sangin.

Hey tpw, could you convert tpw mods to Arma 2 at some point? And if you are not planning to do it, does the air, boats, cars and civs scripts work in Arma 2, if I change the classnames to Arma 2 classnames?

New mod or update v1.36 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tpw_mods.png

@ TPW;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Hello there

For me now, its impossible to play any mission without these mods. Youve ruined MP for me.

Excellent stuff.

Rgds

LoK

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have to say that I would have binned ArmA3 long ago, but I keep playing it because of this mods. These are really priceless and a must have, at least unless BIS fixes their OP infantry armor and sniping skills.

Hello there

For me now, its impossible to play any mission without these mods. Youve ruined MP for me.

Excellent stuff.

Rgds

LoK

I have to say that I would have binned ArmA3 long ago, but I keep playing it because of this mods. These are really priceless and a must have, at least unless BIS fixes their OP infantry armor and sniping skills.

Thanks guys, comments like that really mean a lot.

TPW MODS 20140307: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140307.zip

Changes:

[AIR 1.20] Aircraft no longer spawn immediately when mod starts

[bOATS 1.23, CARS 1.31, CIVS 1.32] Fixes to region switching, uniform selection

[FOG 1.07] Total overhaul: automatically selects region appropriate climate data; improved foggy breath calculation; ground fog; snow (huge thanks to NeoArmageddon and Meatball for snow particle parameters).

Hi all. This is a really big update, in terms of TPW FOG, which has now pretty much evolved into a weather effects system. Firstly, thanks to NeoArmageddon and Meatball for sharing their snow particle parameters from their random weather script. The addition of snow then prompted me to overhaul the system so that it now offers region specific climate data depending on the map you use; improved calculations for breath fog; and ground fog. Playing a winter map like Hazar Kot on an overcast December morning is mind blowing!

I'd appreciate it if people could test it out, and let me know what could be improved. Also, if you have maps you want added to the system, please let me know. The full updated readme for TPW FOG is included below.

TPW FOG - Weather effects for Arma3 SP

Authors: tpw, falcon_565, meatball, neoarmageddon

Requires: Community Base Addons for Arma 3

Description

-----------

TPW FOG started out as a simple mod to add foggy breath to units in cold weather on Altis/Stratis, but has since evolved into a more comprehensive climate system allowing region specific immersive weather effects including foggy breath, ground fog, snow, and heat haze, for any maps.

Features

--------

- Automatically applied region specific climates modelled on real world data.

- Ground fog, and foggy breath on all units within a specified radius of the player, based on realistic temperature and relative humidity calculations.

- Increased chance of snowfall during colder months.

- Ground heat haze / mirage effects during hot weather.

How it works

------------

- TPW MODS assigns the current map to one of several climatic regions: Arctic (eg Namalsk); Central Asian (eg Takistan); Mediterranean (eg Altis); Middle Eastern / Desert (eg Fallujah); Middle European (eg Chernarus); Nordic (eg Thirsk); Tropical (eg N'ziwasogo).

- Each region uses simplified temperature, dew point and snowfall model based on real climate data from weatherspark.com.

- The average daily maximum temperature is modelled sinusoidally over the year. The same sine wave is applied to daily minimum temperature, daily maximum dew point, and daily minimum dew point. This approximates the way these values vary over a year. Some additional randomisation is applied to these values to simulate daily variation in weather.

- The chance of snowfall is modelled sinusoidally, peaking during the coldest month.

- Generally speaking, the lowest temperature is roughly around 0600, and the highest at 1800. Conversely, the highest humidity (and thus dew point) is at 0600 and the lowest at 1800. These values are also modelled sinusoidally.

- Dew point (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dew_point) is the temperature below which the air has 100% relative humidity (saturated) and moisture will condense out. In TPW FOG, if the air temperature falls below the dew point + 2.5 deg C, ground fog will form. Ground fog is thicker closer to sea level.

- Foggy breath is more complicated, so I've chosen a simple scenario: breath (leaving the mouth at 35 deg C and 95% relative humidity) will condense if mixed with air colder than 12 deg C and greater than 50% relative humidity (www.sciencebits.com/ExhaleCondCalc). Dew point + 10 deg C is approximately 50% relative humidity. In TPW FOG, if the air temperature is less than dew point + 10 deg C, and also less than 12 deg C, breath will fog.

- Depending on the climate region, snow has an increased chance of falling during colder months.

- When the temperature is greater than 25 deg C and the sky is clear (overcast < 0.8) heat haze can be observed when the player is prone.

Issues

------

- Entering tpw_fog_debug=true in the debug shell will allow you to examine the climate region, temperature, dew point and chance of snow.

- Foggy breath is disabled in vehicles, due to a limitation with the attachto command.

- Foggy breath is only applied to humans, not any nearby animals.

- Although the visual breathing rate is increased as fatigue increases, it will not match the breathing sounds correctly.

- Snow replaces rain, so you won't see both at once. However, the snow function uses 0 setrain 0 on a 2 second loop, so you might still see the occasional drop of rain.

- Snow is disabled when the player is under cover. If you enter a building it won't snow inside, but won't snow outside either! Snow will resume when exiting the building.

- Snow will not fall if the air temperature is greater than 10 deg C or when cloud cover (overcast) is less than 0.5.

- Heat haze is not visible through 3D scopes (engine limitation).

- Ground fog will override mission fog settings.

- If you want to modify this system to change the climate data or the breath/snow/haze effects, then you'll have to dive into the script version.

- SP only

Edited by tpw