tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

TPW, fantastic mod, I've loved it since the first release. It really adds a lot to Arma and I can't play without it.

One issue I think I've got is the sound played when free falling. I updated Arma to the most recent update as well as TPW, but when I jump out of a plane I no longer hear your rushing wind sound followed by the deployed parachute canopy sound... I'm running JSRS and not sure if this is conflicting with it. Does anybody else experience this? This was an awesome feature and it sucks to parachute without it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

We get Ghost Goats too. But it's in MP coop so understandably not a supported feature.

Can't wait till we get some NON beach wear Civs..

And Civilian Planes too... TPW, is it easy to configure what vehicles get spawned by your mod ? There is a civi airline mod almost ready to go and we could point to that potentially ?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171865-CJM-Civilian-Jets-Mod

SJ

I've seen that mod, looks interesting. Once it's released properly I will see about adding those classnames to TPW_AIR

Secondly, do I have to restart my game or the mission editor every time I alt tab to alter the tpw_mod.hpp (userconfig) to get the alteration to work?

Thirdly, If i want a ton of civilians walking the streets, what values do I change? I have tried altering the tpw_civ_density and tpw_civ_maxciv but I only get about 3-4 guys spawning in a big town.

Lastly, even after this setting, tpw_boat_active = 0; // 0 = inactive, I still get boats on the map.

Any help on these issues would be very greatly appreciated.

Here is my civ setting in the .hpp file (userconfig)

tpw_civ_active = 1; // 0 = inactive

tpw_civ_delay = 5; // delay (sec) until civ spawning starts

tpw_civ_radius = 150; // radius (m) around player to check for house and spawn civs

tpw_civ_waypoints = 15; // how many waypoints to assign each civ

tpw_civ_density = 5; // how many houses per civ. 0 = ambient civs disabled

tpw_civ_maxsquadcas = 4; // maximum number of civilian casualties that can be inflicted by squad

tpw_civ_maxallcas = 10; // maximum number of total civilian casualties

tpw_civ_casdisplay = 1; // what to do if casualty threshold exceeded (0 -nothing, 1 - popup message, 2 - end mission)

tpw_civ_maxciv = 20; // maximum number of civs to spawn regardless of tpw_civ_density

tpw_civ_interact = 15; // civilian interaction radius. Civs closer than this to other civs will stop and talk (0 - no interaction).

tpw_civ_nocombatspawn = 1; // civilians will not be spawned during combat. 0 = civilians continue to spawn during combat

Yep, you need to restart the game after altering the hpp. Don't complain to me about it, it's the way addons work.

To get lots of civilians try tpw_civ_density=1 and tpw_civ_maxciv=50

Setting tpw_boat_active = 0; in my hpp completely eliminates boats. In the popup hint at mission start you should not see an entry for TPW BOATS.

TPW MODS 20140127: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_MODS_20140127.zip

Changes:

[ALL] Greek music (which rarely gets updated) is now in a separate PBO, to reduce bandwidth usage for various sync systems.

[PARK 1.05, RADIO 1.09] Added global enable/disable

The main upshot of this release is that I've finished adding variables so that you may activate/deactivate various TPW MODS via trigger. This means that for instance you can have an entire area of a map with no ambient stuff. Or an area with traffic but no civs. Or an area with civs but no animals. You get the idea. I've updated the 1st post with this info:

Assigning TPW MODS to different parts of a map

The following variables can be used to activate/inactivate the various TPW MODS ambient life behaviours whilst the game is running:

tpw_animal_active = true/false

tpw_car_active = true/false

tpw_civ_active = true/false

tpw_houselights_active = true/false

tpw_park_active = true/false

tpw_radio_active = true/false

For example, setting tpw_animal_active=false in the debug shell will prevent new animals from spawning (but won't remove existing animals). This behaviour can be automated using triggers. Let's say you want to exclude all ambient life stuff from a 5km x 5km northeast corner of Altis. In the editor create a rectangular 5000x5000 trigger (but of course it can be any shape, size and angle you require), place it over the appropriate northeast area of the map, and set it thusly:

Type: None

Activation: BLUFOR, repeatedly,present

Condition: player in thislist

On act. : tpw_animal_active = false;tpw_car_active = false;tpw_civ_active = false;tpw_houselights_active = false;tpw_park_active = false;tpw_radio_active = false

On dea. : tpw_animal_active = true;tpw_car_active = true;tpw_civ_active = true;tpw_houselights_active = true;tpw_park_active = true;tpw_radio_active = true

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

TPW, fantastic mod, I've loved it since the first release. It really adds a lot to Arma and I can't play without it.

One issue I think I've got is the sound played when free falling. I updated Arma to the most recent update as well as TPW, but when I jump out of a plane I no longer hear your rushing wind sound followed by the deployed parachute canopy sound... I'm running JSRS and not sure if this is conflicting with it. Does anybody else experience this? This was an awesome feature and it sucks to parachute without it.

Yeah it seems to be JSRS in some way. JSRS is also causing some weird environmental noises when used with @A3MP. I'll have a look at the freefall/canopy sounds and see what I can do.

The main upshot of this release is that I've finished adding variables so that you may activate/deactivate various TPW MODS via trigger. This means that for instance you can have an entire area of a map with no ambient stuff. Or an area with traffic but no civs. Or an area with civs but no animals. You get the idea.

That sounds very cool. Can't wait to get time to try 'em out. As always, thanks for all your efforts!

I'm definitely going to look into this. If I can work out a nice way to establish if a player is within an editor placed rectangular area then we're all set.

Yeah, that would be great! I had another example today where an AI plane takeoff I was testing was interrupted by a civ walking around on the runway. I hadn't realized there was a building type nearby that they would spawn at. I'd love to blacklist that runway!

Yeah, that would be great! I had another example today where an AI plane takeoff I was testing was interrupted by a civ walking around on the runway. I hadn't realized there was a building type nearby that they would spawn at. I'd love to blacklist that runway!

You can already exclude spawns from certain areas; instructions are in the first post.

You can already exclude spawns from certain areas; instructions are in the first post.

Yeah, not the same thing:

To designate a car exclusion object, enter "tpwcarexc" (no quotes) into the name field of any editor placeable object. This can be a logic, or any other object including moving vehicles. If you don't want to see traffic around any airport you fly into, then you can name your transport aircraft "tpwcarexc". You may designate a maximum of 10 such objects: tpwcarexc, tpwcarexc_1 -> tpwcarexc_9

Now you can blacklist the entire area if you want, see a few posts back regarding using triggers

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I can't even use these mods. First off, I install everything using PlayWith6. Secondly, when I attempt to launch the game using only TPW_MODS, and CBA as an active collection just to be sure nothing else is conflicting, I receive a dialog box saying "Include file userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp not found", and the game won't even start. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I run the Development branch through Steam.....AND I found the solution to the problem after I posted this.... It seams it is placing the config file in not one, but two directories named tpw_mods. So it is looking like this userconfig\tpw_mods\tpw_mods\tpw_mods.txt rather than what it wants it to look like. I had to copy the .hpp file back a directory to get it to work. Just wanted to let you know my solution in case anyone else has the same issue.

Edited by shad0vvfax

Thanks for the heads up. The problem seems to lie with PW6, I suggest you contact Sickboy and inform him of the issue.

Thanks for the heads up. The problem seems to lie with PW6, I suggest you contact Sickboy and inform him of the issue.

One other issue I noticed once I got it working was that the civilians were spawning in mid air directly outside of houses and causing piles of corpses to occur because they all died on impact. Any thoughts on fixing this or editing the config file to get it fixed ???

One other issue I noticed once I got it working was that the civilians were spawning in mid air directly outside of houses and causing piles of corpses to occur because they all died on impact. Any thoughts on fixing this or editing the config file to get it fixed ???

Which maps do you observe this behaviour on? Civs should actually spawn inside houses and then walk out. If the house is non enterable (ie most A2 houses) then there might be issues.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

=================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Which maps do you observe this behaviour on? Civs should actually spawn inside houses and then walk out. If the house is non enterable (ie most A2 houses) then there might be issues.

This was on arma3 maps. I first saw it in the second campaign since that was the first time I used the mods.

This was on arma3 maps. I first saw it in the second campaign since that was the first time I used the mods.

I only saw it on a few A2 maps using @A3MP, but it's fixed now.

I installed TPW yesterday and played a campaign mission with it. Great immersion, although the AI kept calling out the different vehicles as targets, and one refused to move because he saw a car over 500m away. It was pretty surreal in a couple of places. You arrive at an RV and there's a civilian van driving away or you've set up an ambush, the convoy is approaching when a man on a quad bike rides straight through the middle of the ambush site, and you're wondering if it has anything to do with the mission. I know that it will break the campaign at some point because of the stupid AI not responding when they see something, but that's not the fault of the mod. I will keep the mod enabled and see how far I get.

I installed TPW yesterday and played a campaign mission with it. Great immersion, although the AI kept calling out the different vehicles as targets, and one refused to move because he saw a car over 500m away. It was pretty surreal in a couple of places. You arrive at an RV and there's a civilian van driving away or you've set up an ambush, the convoy is approaching when a man on a quad bike rides straight through the middle of the ambush site, and you're wondering if it has anything to do with the mission. I know that it will break the campaign at some point because of the stupid AI not responding when they see something, but that's not the fault of the mod. I will keep the mod enabled and see how far I get.

Yep, and that's why I say on the top of the 1st page not to play the campaign with it!

Hey tpw. Here's my adaptation of tpw_park. It includes a parameter to set every vehicle to be (un)locked upon spawn. Dunno if anyone finds this useful or if it breaks civ interaction with the vehicle. I made it because I didn't want players to go hotrodding around with other vehicles than the one I gave them in my mission.

/*
TPW PARK
Version: 1.05
Author: tpw
Date: 20140127

Disclaimer: Feel free to use and modify this code, on the proviso that you post back changes and improvements so that everyone can benefit from them, and acknowledge the original author (tpw) in any derivative works. 

To use: 
1 - Save this script into your mission directory as eg tpw_park.sqf
2 - Call it with 0 = [25,300,150,20,10,false] execvm "\scripts\tpw_park.sqf"; where 25 = percentage of houses to spawn cars near (0 = no cars, >50 inadvisable), 300 = radius (m) around player to scan for houses to spawn cars, 150 = radius (m) around player beyond which cars are hidden, 20 = player must be closer than this (m) to a car for it to have its simulation enabled, 10 = maximum cars to spawn regardless of settings, false = all parked cars are unlocked (true for all cars locked)

THIS SCRIPT WON'T RUN ON DEDICATED SERVERS
*/

if (isDedicated) exitWith {};
if (count _this < 5) exitwith {hint "TPW PARK incorrect/no config, exiting."};
if !(isnil "tpw_park_active") exitwith {hint "TPW PARK already running."};
if (_this select 0 == 0) exitwith {};
WaitUntil {!isNull FindDisplay 46};

// READ IN VARIABLES
tpw_park_perc = _this select 0; // percentage of houses with parked cars.
tpw_park_createdist = _this select 1; // cars created within this distance, completely removed past it.
tpw_park_hidedist = _this select 2; // cars closer than this are shown, further than this are hidden.
tpw_park_simdist = _this select 3; // cars closer than this have simulation enabled.
tpw_park_max = _this select 4; // maximum cars to spawn regardless (not irregardless, that's not a word even if you're American).
tpw_park_locked =_this select 5; // cars created are locked/unlocked

tpw_park_version = "1.05"; // version string

tpw_park_active = true; // global enable/disable
tpw_park_cararray = []; // Array of parked cars
tpw_park_oldpos = [0,0,0];

tpw_park_habitable = [ // Habitable houses with white walls, red roofs, intact doors and windows
"Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F",
"Land_i_House_Small_01_V2_F",
"Land_i_House_Small_01_V3_F",
"Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F",
"Land_i_House_Small_02_V2_F",
"Land_i_House_Small_02_V3_F",
"Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F",
"Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F",
"Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F",
"Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F",
"Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F",
"Land_i_House_Big_02_V2_F",
"Land_i_House_Big_02_V3_F",
"Land_House_L_1_EP1", // Spliffz edit for OA 
"Land_House_L_3_EP1",
"Land_House_L_4_EP1",
"Land_House_L_6_EP1",
"Land_House_L_7_EP1",
"Land_House_L_8_EP1",
"Land_House_L_9_EP1",
"Land_House_K_1_EP1",
"Land_House_K_3_EP1", 
"Land_House_K_5_EP1", 
"Land_House_K_6_EP1", 
"Land_House_K_7_EP1", 
"Land_House_K_8_EP1", 
"Land_Terrace_K_1_EP1",
"Land_House_C_1_EP1",
"Land_House_C_1_v2_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_2_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_3_EP1",
"Land_House_C_4_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_5_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_5_V1_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_5_V2_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_5_V3_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_9_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_10_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_11_EP1", 
"Land_House_C_12_EP1", 
"Land_A_Villa_EP1",
"Land_A_Mosque_small_1_EP1",
"Land_A_Mosque_small_2_EP1",
"Land_Ind_FuelStation_Feed_EP1",
"Land_Ind_FuelStation_Build_EP1",
"Land_Ind_FuelStation_Shed_EP1",
"Land_Ind_Garage01_EP1",
"Land_HouseV_1I1",  //Reserve edit for A2
"Land_HouseV_1I2",
"Land_HouseV_1I3",
"Land_HouseV_1I4",
"Land_HouseV_1L1",
"Land_HouseV_1L2",
"Land_HouseV_1T",
"Land_HouseV_2I",
"Land_HouseV_2L",
"Land_HouseV_2T1",
"Land_HouseV_2T2",
"Land_HouseV_3I1",
"Land_HouseV_3I2",
"Land_HouseV_3I3",
"Land_HouseV_3I4",
"Land_HouseV2_01A",
"Land_HouseV2_01B",
"Land_HouseV2_02",
"Land_HouseV2_03",
"Land_HouseV2_03B",
"Land_HouseV2_04",
"Land_HouseV2_05",
"Land_HouseBlock_A1",
"Land_HouseBlock_A2",
"Land_HouseBlock_A3",
"Land_HouseBlock_B1",
"Land_HouseBlock_B2",
"Land_HouseBlock_B3",
"Land_HouseBlock_C2",
"Land_HouseBlock_C3",
"Land_HouseBlock_C4",
"Land_HouseBlock_C5",
"Land_Church_02",
"Land_Church_02A",
"Land_Church_03",
"Land_A_FuelStation_Feed",
"Land_A_FuelStation_Build",
"Land_A_FuelStation_Shed"
];

tpw_park_civcarlist = [
"C_Hatchback_01_F",
"C_Offroad_01_F",
"C_SUV_01_F",
"C_Quadbike_01_F"
]; 

// SCAN HOUSES AND ASSIGN PARKED CARS
[] spawn
{
while {true} do 
	{
	private ["_houses","_housestring","_uninhab","_house","_car","_nearroads","_road","_connected","_conroad1","_conroad2","_roaddir","_housedir","_roadpos","_posx","_posy","_spawncar","_spawnpos"];
	if (tpw_park_oldpos distance position player > (tpw_park_createdist / 2)) then // only if player has moved more than 1/2 a spawn radius
		{
		tpw_park_oldpos = position player;
		_houses = nearestObjects [position player,tpw_park_habitable,tpw_park_createdist]; // grab habitable houses
		for "_i" from 0 to (count _houses - 1) do
			{
			_house = _houses select _i;
			_housestring = str (typeof _house);
			_uninhab = ["_u_house", _housestring] call BIS_fnc_inString; // uninhabited houses
			if !(_uninhab) then 
				{
				//_house = _x;
				if (_house getvariable ["tpw_park_assigned",0] == 0) then // if house has not been assigned
					{
					if (random 100 < tpw_park_perc) then // percentage
						{	
						_car = tpw_park_civcarlist  select (floor (random (count tpw_park_civcarlist )));
						_nearRoads = _house nearRoads 20;	
						if(count _nearRoads > 0) then
							{
							_road = _nearRoads select 0;
							if (count (_road nearentities ["car_f",20]) == 0) then // if there is a road near the house
								{
								_connected = roadsConnectedTo _road;
								_conroad1 = _connected select 0;
								_conroad2 = _connected select 1;
								_roaddir = [_road, _conroad1] call BIS_fnc_DirTo;
								_roaddir = _roaddir + (180 * round (random 1));
								_housedir = _roaddir + 90;
								_roadpos = getposasl _road;
								_posx = (_roadpos select 0) + (4 * sin _housedir);
								_posy = (_roadpos select 1) +  (4 * cos _housedir);
								_spawnpos = [_posx,_posy,0];
								_spawncar = _car createVehicle _roadpos;
								_spawncar setfuel random 0.5;
								_spawncar setposatl _spawnpos;
								_spawncar setdir _roaddir;
								_house setvariable ["tpw_park_car",_spawncar];
								_spawncar setvariable ["tpw_park_house",_house];
								_house setvariable ["tpw_park_assigned",1];
								_spawncar lockDriver tpw_park_locked;  //(un)lock the car
								_spawncar lockCargo tpw_park_locked;  //(un)lock the car
								tpw_park_cararray set [count tpw_park_cararray, _spawncar];
								// remove spawned car if damaged
								[_spawncar] spawn 
									{
									_spawncar = _this select 0;
									if (damage _spawncar > 0) then
										{
										sleep 0.2;
										deletevehicle _spawncar;
										tpw_park_cararray = tpw_park_cararray - [_spawncar];
										};
									};
								};
							};
						}
					else
						{
						_house setvariable ["tpw_park_assigned",1];
						}				
					};
				};	 
			if (count tpw_park_cararray > tpw_park_max) exitwith {};		
			} ;
		};	
	sleep 10;		
	};	
};	

// SHOW HIDE PARKED CARS AS APPROPRIATE
while {true} do
{
if (tpw_park_active) then
	{
	for "_i" from 0 to (count tpw_park_cararray - 1) do
		{
		_car = tpw_park_cararray select _i;
		if (_car distance player < tpw_park_hidedist) then 
			{
			_car hideobject false; // unhide near car 		
			// Enable simulation only when people nearby
			if (driver _car in units group player || player distance _car < tpw_park_simdist) then
				{
				_car enablesimulation true; 
				}
			else
				{
				_car enablesimulation false; 
				};
			}
		else
			{
			_car hideobject true; // hide far car
			};

// delete distant car and unassign its house	
		if (_car distance player > tpw_park_createdist) then 
			{
			(_car getvariable "tpw_park_house") setvariable ["tpw_park_assigned",0];
			deletevehicle _car;
			tpw_park_cararray set [_i,-1];
			};
		};
	tpw_park_cararray = tpw_park_cararray - [-1];		
	sleep 10;		
	};
};		

Hey tpw. Here's my adaptation of tpw_park. It includes a parameter to set every vehicle to be (un)locked upon spawn. Dunno if anyone finds this useful or if it breaks civ interaction with the vehicle. I made it because I didn't want players to go hotrodding around with other vehicles than the one I gave them in my mission.

Thanks mate. I might implement a similar system, where 80% of cars are locked.

I received this error message testing out the A2 maps in the editor. This was on Chernarus. Any thoughts..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26632438/tpw_cars.jpg (333 kB)

Hmmm, is the error consistent? This has to do with removing cars and drivers under combat conditions. I will look into it.

Hi tpw,

first of all - thanks a million for doing a great job.

I used your combined mod and i´m out of words...the whole package works as it should and i got a feeling, too be involved in a real battle.

Lively air, ambient life, soldiers searching cover, moving with caution, the embedded radio-chatter arranged a special atmosphere etc.

to be continued....:)

Great job and thanks again - you made my day.

Cheers

McLupo