tpw

TPW MODS: enhanced realism and immersion for Arma 3 SP.

Latest version on MP also multiplies the animals by the number of players. Possibly aircraft as well. Civilians and cars seemed about right (default settings on all of them). It sounded like we were in a kennel full of hungry dogs right at spawn ;)

BUT as you said... it's a SINGLE player mod, right? :D

I *wish* I knew enough about scripting to make an MP/COOP version of at least your civilian stuff. I love the lit up towns, ambient traffic (and being able to commandeer their vehicle!), ambient civs walking around, boats in the water, and even the music is a very nice touch (although a few other selections would be nice, randomly choosen per house perhaps?) I have not seen civs *in* houses yet but that would be nice too. But again, mostly, I wish I could make this MP/COOP compatible as Arma3 doesn't have an ambient civ module and your TPW is the best I've seen :)

I tried the mod with Patrol Ops 3. There was lots of music from the towns so it would become annoying though :)

Other then that, it seemed to work okey. Might have been some performance issues here and there.

Thanks for this awesome mod :)

Feature requests: Basically for custom maps and A2 maps imported via AiA.

Randomization of radio and a pointer on where to place custom radio sounds and how they should be configured. Greek music is cool but doesn't work very well on Clafghan for instance ;)

Be able to configure towns in editor by placing markers or triggers. Generic compatibility with other maps (optimized array generation?)

MP compatibility! :D

Gday Oktyabr, thanks for the kind words and input. Sorry for the late reply, was nursing a new year's day hangover!

MP: obviously this is the biggest request and probably the biggest challenge. Personally, I'm just hoping that someone takes the scripts and makes them MP/dedi compatible!

Other maps: this is doable, but will require a fair bit of work as the scripts currently rely on Altis/Stratis classes such as houses.

Markers: a longer term goal of mine is to make the system work by placing modules in the editor. So that a user could select which towns get which ambient stuff.

Lastly, the house radio is randomised, it chooses from 15 different tracks.

Heya tpw!

Thanks for the reply! I'm enjoying them very much and I see, looking over the scripts, that you've at least pushed part way in an attempt to make them MP. Unfortunately I'm a complete novice when it comes to these things... so far, anyway. I'm learning quickly as I have a vested interest! Anyway, to the point... I'm running the script versions on a small COOP mission. Not all of them, mostly just the civilian ones and the radio one. I am using the scripts because the guys I am slowly coaxing into ARMA are easily spooked by things like pbo installation and modlines. I'd rather leave those for a later date, after they have become more thoroughly *ahem* "addicted". ;)

Anyway it's my understanding (and please, someone correct me if I am wrong!) that by incorporating the script version into my missions that these will automatically be downloaded to my connecting clients when they join my server, where modules and pbo based addons take a bit more participation? This is why I have been favoring scripts quite heavily. So far some basic testing has shown the animals, civs, house lights and "park" work well, used in this fashion. I can't say that everything is absolutely "bug free" but nothing has jumped out as very obvious so far anyway. The one I am having issues with is the radio one. While I get animals to spawn I get no radio in cars or houses and I don't get any animal noises either. I've compared the script version to the one extracted from the pbo and I can find no difference. Is there someway to debug this? Or is it worth pursuing at all? I DID have it working correctly in a single player mission but can't get it to work properly, even while previewing in the editor.

I have the structure set up like thus:

<my mission folder>\tpw_sounds\music (and \sounds, $PBOPREFIX.txt, and config.cpp)

<my mission folder> tpw_radio.sqf

<my mission folder> init.sqf

Any ideas?

Again, thanks for your hard work on this tpw! Here is looking forward to the day these scripts work on any map, in any game mode :)

hey TPW,

I'd also love to see the script working with A2/OA default worlds and custom islands. Ambient civilians is probably the major thing I miss while playing AiA.

Thanks for your continued support, and I wish you all the best in the new year!

Hey I wanted to disable the dog barking (No idea why this is a feature because it just goes on when you're in an open field?) but when I press configure now nothing comes up, the whole button just doens't work anymore so I am also unable to just video settings etc. :s

Hey I wanted to disable the dog barking (No idea why this is a feature because it just goes on when you're in an open field?) but when I press configure now nothing comes up, the whole button just doens't work anymore so I am also unable to just video settings etc. :s

Dog barking is a feature because I bloody well put it in. Dogs will bark at increased volume and frequency when near buildings, and much more faintly when in the open, to simulate barking in the distance.

Disable the barking by editing the config.hpp, you can't configure the mod via the in game configuration menu . tpw_animal_noisetime = 100000; should do the trick. In any case, TPW MODS does not affect the in game configuration button.

Dog barking is a feature because I bloody well put it in. Dogs will bark at increased volume and frequency when near buildings, and much more faintly when in the open, to simulate barking in the distance.

Disable the barking by editing the config.hpp, you can't configure the mod via the in game configuration menu . tpw_animal_noisetime = 100000; should do the trick. In any case, TPW MODS does not affect the in game configuration button.

Well i don't mind a dog bark once in a while and the rest of the sounds are great but it sounded like dogs were barking all the time. But thanks i've just increased the noisetime now.

Well i don't mind a dog bark once in a while and the rest of the sounds are great but it sounded like dogs were barking all the time. But thanks i've just increased the noisetime now.

People on different mod threads such as AISS are asking about the configure thing too. Its must likely a different mod causing the issue. You need to use process of elimination to narrow it down.

People on different mod threads such as AISS are asking about the configure thing too. Its must likely a different mod causing the issue. You need to use process of elimination to narrow it down.

Kind of doubt that, i removed it and it's fine now I couldnt remove the constant barking by changing the config btw so i had to remove it.

TPW,

Thanks for your great mods. I also play mostly singleplayer and play a lot of dynamic campaigns like Becti, DUWS, and SaOk missions. Since these take so long to complete, I save game a lot. So far I've never had a problem loading your mod from a saved game. When I load a saved game your mod always works as does Blastcore, and JSRS2 sound. But you're probably aware that not all mods load from a saved game. Shacktac HUD usually doesn't, but will load in game if you switch to tactical view (Numpad Del) and back again. Status Hud is a mod that never loads from a saved game for me.

My question is did you do anything special in your code to make sure your mod always loads from a saved game? I'm trying to determine if there is a programming standard that if other modders followed would make their mods load from saved games like yours does.

I'm not a modder myself, but if you have a technical answer that other modders could use please be as technical as you want. Thanks!

Kind of doubt that, i removed it and it's fine now I couldnt remove the constant barking by changing the config btw so i had to remove it.

Are you playing in MP perchance? At present, the number of barks will be multiplied by the number of players.

TPW,

Thanks for your great mods. I also play mostly singleplayer and play a lot of dynamic campaigns like Becti, DUWS, and SaOk missions. Since these take so long to complete, I save game a lot. So far I've never had a problem loading your mod from a saved game. When I load a saved game your mod always works as does Blastcore, and JSRS2 sound. But you're probably aware that not all mods load from a saved game. Shacktac HUD usually doesn't, but will load in game if you switch to tactical view (Numpad Del) and back again. Status Hud is a mod that never loads from a saved game for me.

My question is did you do anything special in your code to make sure your mod always loads from a saved game? I'm trying to determine if there is a programming standard that if other modders followed would make their mods load from saved games like yours does.

I'm not a modder myself, but if you have a technical answer that other modders could use please be as technical as you want. Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words and the heads up. I haven't loaded a saved game with mods running yet (played a bit of the campain but modless) but I'm glad it worked for you. I don't do anything special in this department, but the mods are "stateless" and don't need to store data or variables. Perhaps this is it?

Are you playing in MP perchance? At present, the number of barks will be multiplied by the number of players.

Thanks for the kind words and the heads up. I haven't loaded a saved game with mods running yet (played a bit of the campain but modless) but I'm glad it worked for you. I don't do anything special in this department, but the mods are "stateless" and don't need to store data or variables. Perhaps this is it?

Yes, that might be, but I'm not a modder so I wouldn't really know. I'm just very glad your mod works consistently with save games. Arma feels barren without it.

I had the continuous dog barking issue as well and figured out the problem. It was a failure to copy the config file per the installation instructions:

Copy @TPW_MODS\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp to \your_steam_location\steamapps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\TPW_MODS\TPW_MODS.hpp. The addon will not launch without this file.

I had an older config file in place which was causing the issue. Once I copied the current config file over the dog barking issue stopped.

TPW BLEEDOUT does it have body damage? So you dont have to empty a mag to kill 1 enemy?

TPW BLEEDOUT does it have body damage? So you dont have to empty a mag to kill 1 enemy?

No, TPW BLEEDOUT doesn't actually modify the damage caused by bullets/explosions. If you need 6 consecutive pistol rounds to kill an enemy without the mod, you'll need 6 with the mod. What TPW BLEEDOUT will do though is allow an enemy hit with 1 round to keep bleeding out and potentially end up incapacitated/dead some time later.

In practice, this often results in a single bullet making an AI lie on the ground for an extended period of time before dying or receiving medical attention, so you'll see some realistic results. The game FEELS like the bullets do more damage, without actually making them excessively powerful against body armor.

so ive been fooling around with tacbf and porting the mission files over to the old maps threw a3mp which has been successful but im trying to make it a more realistic scenario and enhance the immersion but and this mod is a awesome way to achieve part of what im looking for unfortunately only thing i can confirm is working on altis are the animals the air and vehicles and i think bleed out is working.

So the big question is how do i get the civs working on zargabad.

my other idea is i want interactive civis that i could ask to stop by command scroll question them have every encounter with a different civi be different and have it so if i select all the right answers they may give me some sort of intel to help me achieve my mission. if anyone is working on or knows something about a mod like that, that would be amazing!

so ive been fooling around with tacbf and porting the mission files over to the old maps threw a3mp which has been successful but im trying to make it a more realistic scenario and enhance the immersion but and this mod is a awesome way to achieve part of what im looking for unfortunately only thing i can confirm is working on altis are the animals the air and vehicles and i think bleed out is working.

So the big question is how do i get the civs working on zargabad.

my other idea is i want interactive civis that i could ask to stop by command scroll question them have every encounter with a different civi be different and have it so if i select all the right answers they may give me some sort of intel to help me achieve my mission. if anyone is working on or knows something about a mod like that, that would be amazing!

As explained a few posts ago, many TPW MODS scripts such as CIVS only work on Altis/Stratis because they rely on Altis/Stratis specific house classes to spawn the civs into. To get Zargabad working, you'll need a list of habitable house classnames.

Love your scripts tpw! Is there a compiled list anywhere showing which ones work in which modes, i.e. SP/MP/Dedicated?

As explained a few posts ago, many TPW MODS scripts such as CIVS only work on Altis/Stratis because they rely on Altis/Stratis specific house classes to spawn the civs into. To get Zargabad working, you'll need a list of habitable house classnames.

found em for takistan which are the same houses this is what i added to the tpw_civs.sqf

tpw_civ_habitable = [ // Habitable houses with white walls, red roofs, intact doors and windows

"Land_i_House_Small_01_V1_F",

"Land_i_House_Small_01_V2_F",

"Land_i_House_Small_01_V3_F",

"Land_i_House_Small_02_V1_F",

"Land_i_House_Small_02_V2_F",

"Land_i_House_Small_02_V3_F",

"Land_i_House_Small_03_V1_F",

"Land_i_House_Big_01_V1_F",

"Land_i_House_Big_01_V2_F",

"Land_i_House_Big_01_V3_F",

"Land_i_House_Big_02_V1_F",

"Land_i_House_Big_02_V2_F",

"Land_i_House_Big_02_V3_F",

#####HouseL

"Land_House_L_1_EP1",

"Land_House_L_3_EP1",

"Land_House_L_3_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_L_4_EP1",

"Land_House_L_4_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_L_6_EP1",

"Land_House_L_7_EP1",

"Land_House_L_7_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_L_8_EP1",

"Land_House_L_8_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_L_9_EP1",

"Land_House_L_1_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_L_3_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_L_4_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_L_6_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_L_7_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_L_8_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_L_9_ruins_EP1",

######HouseK

"Land_House_K_1_EP1",

"Land_House_K_3_EP1",

"Land_House_K_3_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_K_5_EP1",

"Land_House_K_5_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_K_6_EP1",

"Land_House_K_6_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_K_7_EP1",

"Land_House_K_7_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_K_8_EP1",

"Land_House_K_8_dam_EP1",

"Land_Terrace_K_1_EP1",

"Land_House_K_1_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_K_5_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_K_3_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_K_6_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_K_7_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_K_8_ruins_EP1",

#####HouseC

"Land_House_C_1_EP1",

"Land_House_C_1_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_1_v2_EP1",

"Land_House_C_1_v2_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_2_EP1",

"Land_House_C_2_DAM_EP1",

"Land_House_C_3_EP1",

"Land_House_C_3_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_4_EP1",

"Land_House_C_4_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_V1_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_V1_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_V2_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_V2_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_V3_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_V3_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_9_EP1",

"Land_House_C_9_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_10_EP1",

"Land_House_C_10_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_11_EP1",

"Land_House_C_11_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_12_EP1",

"Land_House_C_12_dam_EP1",

"Land_House_C_1_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_1_v2_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_2_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_3_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_4_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_5_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_6_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_7_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_8_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_9_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_10_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_11_ruins_EP1",

"Land_House_C_12_ruins_EP1",

];

didnt work and i tried taking out the comments

also i did try it on a altis map and i did see the ai throwing the hands up and communicating very awesome! however they were all in CSAT uniforms. back over at zargabad the vechile script also has there clothes as CSAT any ideas on this? and thanks for getting back its really an awesome mod!

Edited by onedigita
adding more info and forgot to add some

also how hard would it be to implement something that allows all civis spawned have a scroll wheel for questioning/orders(stop)(sit)(your free)/information with dynamic answers and intel"?