;2855244']Outstanding! Great to have you back and presenting us with such a gorgeous Elcan scope!

Couldn't have said it better myself! This is a welcome surprise IanSky. The model looks great

Quick questions, what color variants will there be? and will there be any camo'd up variants?

Ok final shots of the Elcan before it get's thrown into the Poly-Mincer for Arma!

No fapping :P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/Elcan_View_%232.png (917 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/Elcan.png (493 kB)

Sorry for the direct links, forum only allows 100kb image linking, so better you visit the link and see the full resolution.

The King of scopes in the armaverse is back.

Looking forward to attach this sweety.

Anychance to get to versions of it, the standard bronze you show and mayby a black edition ?

Mayby a chance for hiddenselections so we can make other colour variants ourself ?

http://www.eurooptic.com/elcan-specterdr-dfov14-c1.aspx

Edited by Speedygonzales

Yup, I'll do a Black and Khaki variant, there will also be a killflash for most of the scopes in the next version.

Mayby a chance for hiddenselections so we can make other colour variants ourself ?

Doesn't work on weapon attachments.

Doesn't work on weapon attachments.

Which is a another weird decision from BIS - atm we have to add more p3D models just to do camo variants

and i think in Dayz SA all proxy items support hiddenselections :crazy_o:

Edited by RobertHammer

So is that, because BI don't have named selections in models or it's config wise? Either way it's a shame.

Nah it's engine wise - weapon attachments are simple proxy models with no simulation so they behave the same as all those proxy parts on vehicles that you cannot retexture.

The hiddenSelection names are one of those thing that are defined in the model.cfg (under the 'sections' part of the cfgModels class) so I guess proxies can no sooner accept 'sections' than they can can accept other model.cfg entries like rotation/translation etc. animations. The texture/material swap performed by hiddenSelections it to all intents and purposes another kind of animation.

I've tried adding hiddenSelections for the sake or re-skinning models of my own (1,2) and it just flat out doesn't work regardless of whether you set the model/class up for it or not. So in the end I had to make all the additional camo variants of my scopes into separate .p3ds

will this have 3 modes? iron-sights, 1x-4x lever control? maybe with accessory functions mod compatibility?

3 modes? sorta yes , 1x-4x lever control? of course , accessory functions mod compatibility? why it should use MRT? for what reason?

He's not familiar with how the game interacts with optics. To answer your question -mastermind- you have to simply switch optics views. MRT also is able only to do a max of two functions (such as switching between 1x and 4x). With that you "should" be able to switch between the optic and the top iron sights if needed. But usually if you're going to have that you should just leave it at 4x and use the iron sights on top of the scope.

He's not familiar with how the game interacts with optics. To answer your question -mastermind- you have to simply switch optics views. MRT also is able only to do a max of two functions (such as switching between 1x and 4x). With that you "should" be able to switch between the optic and the top iron sights if needed. But usually if you're going to have that you should just leave it at 4x and use the iron sights on top of the scope.

If i leave at 4x and use the iron sights - then it's not a true DR , that's LDS

best will be to just use 3 modes - simple as that

MRT also is able only to do a max of two functions (such as switching between 1x and 4x).

Nah, you can have as many states as you want in MRT depending on how you set up the config classes - I made a holographic sight with 4 different switchable reticles as an example of that. However, as RH points out there's really nothing that MRT could do in making a decent Specter DR with 1x, 4x and BUIS that you couldn't simply do with the game's standard class OpticsModes feature.

The only reason I could see for using it would be if one wanted the lever to visually move when you switched between 1x and 4x optics (using separate models). But that's just unnecessary visual "fluff" rather than anything that's useful in recreating the real function of the sight.

The game's standard MRCO has 1x/3.4x magnification through the main optical tube like you would set up on a SpecterDR such as this, then you just add an additional memory point and opticsmode for the BUIS to create 3 modes.

Hi:

The elcan and the Beast, are already in last update????

I told this before but we need also a Sniper Rifle mod would tha be cool:D