fantastic news, Captain Slow ;)

Seriously, I'am very glad you have managed to recover so much and, of course, can't wait for the updates!

One request: if doable, could you switch the default zeroing of cqb sights like micro cco from 200m to 100m?

Seriously, I'am very glad you have managed to recover so much and, of course, can't wait for the updates!

One request: if doable, could you switch the default zeroing of cqb sights like micro cco from 200m to 100m?

Just Zero it down - because all those cqb scopes are set 200m but also you can switch to 100m

yes, this is always an option, but I was wondering if zeroing those cqb sights down to default 100m wouldn't make more sense in the game world than the relatively long distance of 200m. I also seem to remember that switching the rate of fire with the F key sometimes has the unintended consequence of upping the zero to the defualt value (200m in this case), which can be somewhat bothersome if you are in the middle of a firefight.

It is no biggie, just a suggestion, and Ill be thankful for any update coming our way :)

Ok, just a small preview of some existing stuff - I'm having to re-do everything I lost for the update. Three models have been recovered, restored, optimized and re-baked.

You'll also notice that I've added some extra detail onto the scopes, namely the RDS but for all of them as-well. I've also lowered the RDS frame height and also increased the mesh detail around the rim to make it less jaggy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/SCOPES_HINT.png (2005 kB)

I'm also pleased to tell you that the SpecterDR is in full flow and the high-poly should be completed within the coming days with a release to follow.

As for the surprise, hmmmm - here's a hint:

20mm_round_ezr2.JPG

Edited by IanSky

Progress on SpecterDR is slow as I'm trying to complete everything else at the same time... Anyhow, here's a quick preview of where I'm at. Pain in the arse to model, all these extrusions on the cylinder are causing me headaches with keeping smooth. There's no separate parts, what you see is all one mesh.

SpecterDRWIP.jpg

Hey looking good Ian! This is my favorite optic to use, so happy and thankful you're including it in your pack. Keep up the awesome work!

Hey looking good Ian! This is my favorite optic to use, so happy and thankful you're including it in your pack. Keep up the awesome work!

Haha, no worries mate - it's nearing completion. The mesh is giving me some headaches but I'll get there in the end.

Here's the Update*2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/SPECTERDR23.png (624 kB)

The problem I'm having is that I need to keep the cylindrical shape intact without severely warping the mesh - this is proving to be a challenge, I guess I'll just hone in my technique...

Also, great news but I so happened to stumble into the textures for the Nightforce scope, so I can once again release it. Next update will bring full re-bake, textures and detailing on all scopes, including some flash hider variants. There'll also be the SpecterDR and Nightforce scopes in the release as-well as some other goodies I'm working on.

Looks like the mod is back on track!

What type of scope is that flash hider for? Looks pretty long!

If it'll work with the SpecterDR then I'll say, sure - why not. :P

Edit: That's a flash hider for the barrel? I.E. That attaches to the barrel not the scope. I mean the grill-type hiders that screw onto the lens to reduce flash glare...

Edited by IanSky

Great job Ian :)

and yes SpecterDR has a option to use a Killflash device called ARD > http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/ATI-ARD-SDR.html

btw about noveske kx3 , BIS didnt removed that just they dont use it at all and model just sits there - it will be in next update of M4/M16 (sry offtopic)

Edited by RobertHammer

This will be perfect for my L85A2 - Can't wait to experience it ingame, great wotk IanSky.

The problem I'm having is that I need to keep the cylindrical shape intact without severely warping the mesh - this is proving to be a challenge, I guess I'll just hone in my technique...

Been there with that SpecterOS4x/LDS model that I did. Felt it was a losing battle but to be honest, but when it came to the normal map on the low poly the warping didn't seem too noticeable.

However, I did leave some of the very small surface details on the optical tube to be generated in NDo2; like the little holes that are drilled in 9, 12 & 3 o'clock at the front and back of the sight because they caused too much of a warp, and the locator holes for the red dot mount that can be fitted to the "saddle" on top, are conveniently covered by the red dot base plate on mine, so I didn't have to deal with that at all.

Did you have any luck finding someone to help you out with understanding O2/configs by the way?

This will be perfect for my L85A2

Nah, you want the cheap, shitty version of the Specter for that.

Been there with that SpecterOS4x/LDS model that I did. Felt it was a losing battle but to be honest, but when it came to the normal map on the low poly the warping didn't seem too noticeable.

However, I did leave some of the very small surface details on the optical tube to be generated in NDo2; like the little holes that are drilled in 9, 12 & 3 o'clock at the front and back of the sight because they caused too much of a warp, and the locator holes for the red dot mount that can be fitted to the "saddle" on top, are conveniently covered by the red dot base plate on mine, so I didn't have to deal with that at all.

Did you have any luck finding someone to help you out with understanding O2/configs by the way?

Nah, you want the cheap, shitty version of the Specter for that.

I would say the SpecterOS4x/LDS is fixed lite/cheap version of SpecterDR - not shitty :D

Nice! Thanks for sharing wireframe.We can really see now topology and what is poly count : )

Hey ehm I know this thread has the name Scope Mod.. but eh..

Ever thought about doing an IR flashlight? :0

I bet you'd get a gazillion more downloads ontop of this already awesome addon.

Really digging the ability to zero the red dots <3

wow. really impressive work IanSky !!

SJ

Wow can't wait for the next update ! I need this scope !!!

No updates on SpecterDR yet, trying to balance the workload, so doing the flash hiders and re-bakes at the minute.

Will share some pics when I have some new stuff to show...

Thanks for the comments guys, keeps me motivated to get the stuff done!

I can't wait for the updates: keep up the great work and do keep us posted!

Btw, hope you haven't forgotten about the micro cco with low mount. I was also wondering if you will release versions of optics with flash hiders and without them as I like to have as clear image visible through the scope as possible.

Anyways, thanks again for returning to the mod and keeping at it!

Hey Ian, it's coming together very nicely! Quick question, any plans to do a tan version of the SpecterDR as well? I think having both a black and a tan version would be sweet!

Thanks for your work!