Iansky! PM sent!

I can provide all resources for the Razor HD 5-20x.

I have one in my personal collection.

Camera and Calipers on standby!

Iansky! PM sent!

I can provide all resources for the Razor HD 5-20x.

I have one in my personal collection.

Camera and Calipers on standby!

Legend, thankyou!

IanSky! Have to decrease the size of the central point of the sights? Is very large. Do not know if it's like that in real life. Makes it very difficult to shoot from afar. Many thanks for the great mod. Merry christmas!

The red dots are tiny irl. Trijicon says the 1x24 reflex sight comes with either a 4.5 or 6.5 MOA dot. So, at 100 yards, the dot should cover 6.5 inches for the bigger dot. The current one appears to cover about a meter (ish?) overall. BI also uses some material that makes the dots not bloom in NV goggles, while the dots here and in RH's sights bloom rather badly depending on weather and lighting conditions.

Generally, they should be a bit smaller, but not too small because realistic sizes make them super hard to see on the screen. The dot on the DMR backup sight is about as small as is comfortable for me, and that's already pushing it.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Here's another update, I'm not completely satisfied with the rail attachment - Going to do some more work on it, but for now this is where the scope is at:

BEASTALMC%20(3).jpg

BEASTALMC%20(1).png

BEASTALMC%20(2).jpg

BEASTALMC%20(1).jpg

that's sexy! keep it up man. i like them all so far. looks all very smooth :respekt:

Ian this is outstanding model!Would you say this is best quality model that you created so far?

Ian this is outstanding model!Would you say this is best quality model that you created so far?

Hard to say, every model is made various levels of accuracy and detail - Is this my most accurate model I've made, it's up there - Is this the most complex model I've made, no...

It depends really.

Thankyou for all the nice comments guys, it's a good push :P

Ok guys, the high-poly model is done - I know its taken me a while to finish, but I've been trying to keep the proportions as accurate as I can.

Here's some final WIP renders before I move onto the game model for Arma, enjoy!

FPS.png

BL.png

BR.png

FL.png

FR.png

And for the shits-n-giggles, here's a very blurry scope view:

SCOPER.png

To read more on the development of the scope, head over to my blog @ http://a3scopemod.wordpress.com/

Edited by IanSky

yea guys and just ignore the super nice rifle model it is just there to hold the scope ;)

i love that particular rifle and was gonna take a crack at it with my noob skills but man it seems you got this one covered. please tell me it's on the way for arma.

Lovely scope mate, great work as usual... so how about bit of a back story on that L96 mate? you getting into modelling weapons as well?

I'm not into modelling weapons at the moment although I have had my hand at a Mac 11 and AKS-74U before, needless to say, this model is purely a placeholder that I found on GAMEBANANA, however I'll find out if the author will let me use it for the mod - so all is not lost!

I do intend to model some sniper rifles in future updates, however for the time being I want to finish off what I already have planned.

Peace

These scopes are top notch. Really.

And I find something to improve on most addons but this is really professionally done.

Apart from...maybe you look into the holographic dots again, since I got the feeling that they are not PERFECTLY aligned to the weapon axis:P But thats really not that important since you only notice it when you aim straight ahead and look right or left so the red dot appears again in the holograhic sight.

Supreme work really

Awesome glad you're back.

Been looking around and this really caught my eye

Kiory thread about L85, spotted post by da12thMonkey

and I though men If I would be modeler I would strive for that quality!

IRC... the UKF wanted to replace all their SUSAT scopes (on the L85A2s) for Elcan Specter DR daylight optics instead, so they can be used with the current NVGs almost at the same ranges; aside that they're less expensive. That's the theory... . That Specter DR look really good, but it's glass texture don't convince me.

Not only does that Nightforce scope look awesome (I hope it works with Night Vision equipment) but that L115A3 it sitting on looks pretty solid too!

Low-poly is taking a little longer than I'd hope down to a few mistakes I made, I'm paying the price for it now. Anyway, hopefully I'll have some screenshots of it baked and textured soon.

Sorry for the delay!

Sorry for not posting any updates, I've had a real battle with getting the results I want on this...

Anyway, low poly is finally done and if I don't say so myself, it's looking pretty clean!

Here, take a look!

NF_SCOPE_a3.jpg

Now time for the texturing and importing and I'll call this done!

I'll be doing LOD models for this scope to help optimize performance. At the moment the scope is sitting at 5k verts, largely due to the dials - However LOD's 1 and 2 will weigh in at around 3 and 2k respectively...

Edited by IanSky

Getting some basic detail in, ignore the weird streaky parts on the front, it's due to the AO map which will be cleaned up...

FULL_OPT.jpg

Full size: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/Scope_Mod_A3/FULL_UOPT.png

(EDIT)

Update 2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/Scope_Mod_A3/BEAST/SCOPE_WIRE_NF.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/Scope_Mod_A3/BEAST/BARE_SCOPE_NF.png

Edited by IanSky

Quick update guys, the scope now has a base texture done. I need to finalize some stuff then I'll move onto the rest of the planned tweaks for the next release.

Here's some pics

TEX_NF_T2.jpg

TEX_NF_T1.jpg

Very nice.Is this low poly already?

Happy new year Ian, nice avatar change ; D