Hello iansky,

I have the version of your scopes from the 14th/Apr/2014 is this newer update been released or is this thread about the update W.I.P.? These models and textures are looking ultra-realistic btw, i'm excited to see you getting back into it! :)

Hi mate, no that isn't the new version. I haven't released this update yet since it's taking a fair bit of preparation. Currently these are just W.I.P. shots, however you can expect it to be available soon. Thankyou for your kind words, and that goes for everyone else as-well. Danke

I can look to remove the armory number or try and mix it up, we'll see. Heading back on my tracks is last of my priority at the minute. For now I just want to prepare everything for the release.

Really not worth to use MRT just for a cosmetic lever :p

Wasn´t meaning just the lever moving, I´ve meant the zoom toggling as well (along with the lever of course) as the G33 adds a zoom FOV (cus it doesn´t have the PIP magnification as RHS experimental scopes) when the magifier is down... you´ve got the picture...

;2916517']Wasn´t meaning just the lever moving' date=' I´ve meant the zoom toggling as well (along with the lever of course) as the G33 adds a zoom FOV (cus it doesn´t have the PIP magnification as RHS experimental scopes) when the magifier is down... you´ve got the picture...[/quote']

Dude , the DR isnt working like any other magnifier >

, really wasting MRT classes just for that isn't worth at all

3D one should work like the MRCO does + the iron sights/red dot

Edited by RobertHammer

Really looking forward to this Elcan. Really really am! :D

I don't know how much extra effort it'd be (though they're fairly similar hence the ask), but would be nice to see somebody do a 6x DMR scope like for example, oh I don't know the SpecterDR 1.5-6x with reticle calibrated for 7.62x51mm NATO...

Obvious engine limit , only if BIS make the optics animated - with anim source like switchmode - then the lever could move ,but atm nope

I guess I was asking two different questions, just not asking it clearly. The first one, will the lever move in game: got it...can't do it due to engine limits. No worries.

The second question was will the model actually have it in 4x mode instead of 1x. If not, again, no worries (since the model is already been done, I figured it couldn't be changed now). That's all I was asking.

3D one should work like the MRCO does + the iron sights/red dot

Sounds like a great way to do it. Kind of like your Short Dot, but with a third "optic" (RDS/iron sight) and in 3D? Probably the best representation of the scope as a whole.

Hi mate, no that isn't the new version. I haven't released this update yet since it's taking a fair bit of preparation. Currently these are just W.I.P. shots, however you can expect it to be available soon. Thankyou for your kind words, and that goes for everyone else as-well. Danke

I can look to remove the armory number or try and mix it up, we'll see. Heading back on my tracks is last of my priority at the minute. For now I just want to prepare everything for the release.

Hello Iansky, just to ask, ive read about plans about the 3x magnifier with the aimpoint T1 and such, is that going to be part of the release or is that WIP? And hoping all is well with your preparations with the release of all your scopes, especially the SpectreDR. Take it easy mate!

My GOD! I can't wait for this release. What AMAZING work! I've been checking armaholic and this thread constantly hoping to see a release. I mean WOW! Congrats! You're truly talented guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys do you know now what reticle you will use or will there be a civilan version and a miltary of it ?

I mean will you use the TA-01 reticle or specter dr standard ?

And i dont know how the arma thing with scopes an ballistics works for scope, but will there be a 7.62 and 5.56 version or can these stay the same and are zeroed with both calibers ?

Hi guys do you know now what reticle you will use or will there be a civilan version and a miltary of it ?

I mean will you use the TA-01 reticle or specter dr standard ?

And i dont know how the arma thing with scopes an ballistics works for scope, but will there be a 7.62 and 5.56 version or can these stay the same and are zeroed with both calibers ?

Seeing as good old Mr.IanSky is likely away on a GTA5 vacation (respect) I'll try to point you in the right direction bro.

The sights in A3 can be made so they work with multiple calibers. As for the sighting reticle, my best guess is that RH and IanSky are leaning more towards the military reticle. It's just more their style.

Seeing as good old Mr.IanSky is likely away on a GTA5 vacation (respect) I'll try to point you in the right direction bro.

The sights in A3 can be made so they work with multiple calibers. As for the sighting reticle, my best guess is that RH and IanSky are leaning more towards the military reticle. It's just more their style.

I wish! New internship has me by the balls with projects! Anyway, all the scopes are finalized, uploading pre-release for RH to import, expect release Monday/Tuesday this week. Estimated file-size will be anywhere between 60-120mb roughly, depending on the compression. If it stays the same as now then expect 120mb...

New screenshots, and final in-game thumbs coming. This release will also include kill-flashes for applicable scopes, cosmetic only.

Edited by IanSky

I wish! New internship has me by the balls with projects! Anyway, all the scopes are finalized, uploading pre-release for RH to import, expect release Monday/Tuesday. Estimated file-size will be anywhere between 60-120mb roughly, depending on the compression. If it stays the same as now then expect 120mb...

New screenshots, and final in-game thumbs coming. This release will also include kill-flashes for applicable scopes, cosmetic only.

OH BOY!

*Insert Happy Dance.gif*

I wish! New internship has me by the balls with projects! Anyway, all the scopes are finalized, uploading pre-release for RH to import, expect release Monday/Tuesday. Estimated file-size will be anywhere between 60-120mb roughly, depending on the compression. If it stays the same as now then expect 120mb...

Eeek well for your sake then I its not one of those unpaid(slave labour) internships. Hope all is well though! Thanks for the update bro

... expect release Monday/Tuesday this week. ...

I was worried about this happening lol Hope all is well dude

I was worried about this happening lol Hope all is well dude

Spoke with him yesterday, going to be delayed a few days....

RH has a lot on his plate....

The scopes are all finished and pretty much everything has been imported, however BIS may release some new info on creating the new collimator effect this week and it'd seem silly to release otherwise. However everything is pretty much finished.

Possible to get some screens of the Spectre in the mean time then?

Sure, still these are WIP shots so some things are not finalized. However I can show a quick preview within the Arma engine...

v0D0hNG.jpg

Edit:

Please note that the reticule hasn't been scaled properly yet.

8JFP5Fv.jpg

Also the scope takes advantage of the 3D lens system, as such the pilot model has been optimized to reduce the tunnel vision seen when zooming in.

Edited by IanSky

I am really looking forward to this!

Sure, still these are WIP shots so some things are not finalized. However I can show a quick preview within the Arma engine...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/v0D0hNG.jpg

Edit:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/8JFP5Fv.jpg

Also the scope takes advantage of the 3D lens system, as such the pilot model has been optimized to reduce the tunnel vision seen when zooming in.

Just to ask, what is this new sight thing that BI is adding in? And will there be a 2D variant? Personally dont like the 3d variant of scopes in the game due to the unrealistic amount of sway, and aiming with the 3D sights tend to make the reticle itself smaller as its a little more zoomed out as compared to a 2D scope. Unless BI or someone implements a 3D scope system similar to Red Orchestra 2, then that would be great, but arma's 3D scopes at the moment are just plain horrible, and since you have not released it, is it possible you have a 2D variant available?

To understand the new collimator effect, please have a look at this video. It essentially adds a more authentic tunneling effect when moving around.

A 2D variant may be possible, yes.

Did you use a cone/flare/taper deformer on the Pilot LOD mesh like BIS do with their scope models?

To understand the new collimator effect, please have a look at this video. It essentially adds a more authentic tunneling effect when moving around.

A 2D variant may be possible, yes.

Cheers that would be awesome. 3D scopes now are just horrible imo

Did you use a cone/flare/taper deformer on the Pilot LOD mesh like BIS do with their scope models?

Roughly speaking, yes. As I'm sure you saw when you made the LDS, it's very difficult to completely remove the tunneling without having to completely cone the model, something I don't really want to do.

So instead I separated the inside tube and scaled it as large as I could without severely clipping the inside of the body. Then at the end I scaled up the front hood and enlarged the inside rim so that it was bigger then the pilot view.

After that I subtly scaled the tube up on the end, however this is where it becomes difficult. It's not possible without completely coning the model to remove the tunnel vision, however I've largely minimized it and with the collimator effect coming out soon (HURRY UP BIS!!) then it'll be possible to add a slight vignette to the edge which should hopefully mask any visible tunneling.

lensdemo.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/v0D0hNG.jpg

Edit:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/8JFP5Fv.jpg

Heh - someone actually listened... Rhs dudes didn't. This tunneling effect was in mrco long time ago and was described in one of the sitreps, but no one noticed that until now... GJ Iansky.