Roughly speaking, yes. As I'm sure you saw when you made the LDS, it's very difficult to completely remove the tunneling without having to completely cone the model, something I don't really want to do.

So instead I separated the inside tube and scaled it as large as I could without severely clipping the inside of the body. Then at the end I scaled up the front hood and enlarged the inside rim so that it was bigger then the pilot view.

After that I subtly scaled the tube up on the end, however this is where it becomes difficult. It's not possible without completely coning the model to remove the tunnel vision, however I've largely minimized it and with the collimator effect coming out soon (HURRY UP BIS!!) then it'll be possible to add a slight vignette to the edge which should hopefully mask any visible tunneling.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7741113/lensdemo.jpg

It can be a mission to remove the tunneling effect.

As far as the new collimator effect, to my best 'assumptions' it consists of two parts, alpha textures with a radial blurred hole in the center and some form of UV Matrix which moves the UV Texture dependent on the eye position? You can already do the vignetting, it is simply two circular planes with previously mentioned alpha textures, placed at either end of the view port of the optic.

You can find those textures in "a3\weapons_f\acc\data\scope_inside_blur_ca.paa" for example. It is a bit tricky to find the correct combination, to achieve the desired effect, and i found scaling the UV enabled you to adjust the edge distance.

Here it is in action

yAtYvpi.png

You do naturally lose a small amount of view diameter, but it seems negligible and in game you notice the fact it looks a lot nicer more than you miss those extra pixels

Really awesome post, thanks mate - that will come in handy!

So here's what I'd call the final images before release. Need to do some final tweaks then you guys will be clicking away at the dials soon.

xU9wknR.jpg

uPxc7P3.jpg

KbSYu77.jpg

AcjJswE.jpg

AWESOME! Hope there are 2D variants as I requested! Hope its released in a few hours too! Thanks Iansky, your work is just....amazing

The BEAST !

I'm waiting for this one impatiently since your first wip.

What about the reticle and the opticsZoomMin/Max formula, please ?

The BEAST !

I'm waiting for this one impatiently since your first wip.

What about the reticle and the opticsZoomMin/Max formula, please ?

I'm psyched for the BEAST too.

I was wondering what the final verdict is on the reticle. Several months ago Mr. Hammer mentioned it will have the MLR reticle but that he'd like to do something like a Horus.

Yup - Beast will use the old MLR reticle for now as i said before maybe in the future it will use some modern one

and since the Marksman DLC didn't added any proper First Focal Plane support - Zooms are set to 5X, 12X and 25X

Not using MRT to make it "switchable" zooms Rob?

MRT for that? good one - it would take like 20 models of the reticle to "simulate" the First Focal Plane - so nope

MRT will be used later and for much better things

MRT will be used later and for much better things

Such as the 3X Aimpoint Magnifier :D

those models are just plain stupid sick man!!!!!!! The screens almost let me fel the textures of their curves on my fingers. ThankYou very much for bringing the community sooo very much of what we truly desire and crave. :)

is the spectredr coming with a Red Dot Scope

Thanks guys, means allot to me when what we're doing is appreciated!

is the spectredr coming with a Red Dot Scope

The reflex plate was made to just look good. Of-course it is!

Thanks guys, means allot to me when what we're doing is appreciated!

The reflex plate was made to just look good. Of-course it is!

I just hope Arma releases its update so you can release the spectres. Im like screw the arma patch, just gimme that scope :p

SCPMODA3_S.png

It's here, you've all been waiting for it and now you can strap your new found optics to your weapon of choice!

It has been a long time coming but I hope the content speaks for itself, a great deal of time has gone into making these and I'd like to thank everyone involved with the project.

So now that my ceremonial speech is over, let's get down to business.

To begin, here's a preview gallery for those peeps who'd like to know what good-fangled yumminess is in store for them:

Dropbox Preview Gallery

===============================================

RELEASE NOTES

• All previous models have been updated, including textures, geometry and normal maps.
  • All Red Dot Sights have been upgraded to a newer form of collimator. Thanks RH!
  • All relevant scopes have been given a KillFlash.
  • The Aimpoint T1 has been given a short-mount variant as requested.
  • The Elcan SpecterDR comes in both 3D & 2D optic variants.
  • The Elcan also comes with a mounted reflex sight!
  • On-top there have been some adjustments and general improvements across the board.

And with all the old stuff refined, I can happily move onto new content. Work on the SpecterOS, Aimpoint Magnifier and PKA-S is already well underway with releases coming in the near-future.

THE DOWNLOAD

SMA3 R2 (Hosted by MediaFire)

Please note that ASDG Joint Rails is required to run this addon. Download Link (Armaholic)

SUPPORT

Finally if you enjoyed using these optics and would like to support this addon then kindly consider a small contribution. It means a lot, thankyou.

DONATEIMAGE.png

Edited by IanSky

Thank you IanSky!

I really wait this moment hahaha:yay:

Gosh darn it you are back stronger then ever!

Very nice! Thanks alot for this.

Could go without the red gunk on it, but still very good job!

AWESOME release, Iansky, you were missed this last year or so ;) A little feedback - I´ve only tested your optics on Virtual Arsenal VR map, but it seems that the red dots lenses (except for the NX-01) all had a little bit too much reflection that sometimes almost killed the red dot brightness, and I´ve noticed the SpecterDR with red dot has also the BUIS right beside it, it seems to be just eye candy but the VTN team managed to make a way to toggle between scope, red dot and BUIS using consecutive crtl+RMB function, would be nice addition of a feature! And if MRT fuctions could be integrated, the barska red dot could change the crosshair pattern, just like vanilla ACO can do with MRT on =)

Keep up the great work!

cheers!