Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

Hey Bohemia,

i was playing the whole row from OpF to Arma 3. And i would say: GREAT JOB!

You sold the same game with new textures, whatever the community want, you dont care!

You bring us now: Arma 3, more surrealistic, less atmosphere and a engine from 2001 filled with bugfixes and HD-Textures.

The AI is still not able to drive with more then one vehicle along a road without car accidents,

its not able to do the SIMPLIEST things like: Guarding a House IN/OUT-door, examine a cluster of houses,

fire from interior in a higher hightlevel, and so on.. short: If its not a plain wide open field, the AI is useless.

And that leads us to the Editor, wow... you bring out the same editor that was 2001 to old for a modern release? WTF!

Really ... i have no words for that, still no 3D editor, still the same old "if you cant learn one of the three scriptlanguages, you will never place a unit in a interior"-useless editor..

Hornestly Bohemia, this is a great cheek!

And what exactly was the reason for you, to choose the Units and weapons we have?

Was it, because the NATO uses this gear? Or was it "hey this weapon looks great, ok, in real life noone wanna have it because of major mistakes in construction, but it looks awesome!?

Most of the stuff we use in Arma 3 is future-looking fantasy, not realistic.

And IF it have a real idol, so its a useless weapon that no army wanna have. Bye bye, G36, M4, FaMAS and Styr AUG.. say welcome to Yodas awesome looking toys (With License-Free-Fantasy-Names).

You bring us this year: New stances, new Inventory Management, HD textures. ... thats all.

Ok, in clear words. I think Arma 4 i fighten with Lightsabers and Tachyoncannontanks against Lightspeed-Killer-Drones from outer Rim.

But if the editor is still the same sad pitty 2D thing that you sell us since almost THIRTEEN Years, i wont buy Arma 4!

(and yes.. one customer more or less, who cares, but i hope that everyone read this text as a sign.

And now a Mod moves this thread to a collection-Thread in page 48 for hiding it, so that new customers spend money BEFORE they get dissapointed. It is so pathetic)

Edited by VoidByte

Hey Bohemia,

You sold the same game with new textures, whatever the community want, you dont care!

You bring us now: Arma 3, more surrealistic, less atmosphere and a engine from 2001 filled with bugfixes and HD-Textures.

The AI is still not able to drive with more then one vehicle along a road without car accidents,

its not able to do the SIMPLIEST things like: Guarding a House IN/OUT-door, examine a cluster of houses,

fire from interior in a higher hightlevel, and so on.. short: If its not a plain wide open field, the AI is useless.

And that leads us to the Editor, wow... you bring out the same editor that was 2001 to old for a modern release? WTF!

Really ... i have no words for that, still no 3D editor, still the same old "if you cant learn one of the three scriptlanguages, you will never place a unit in a interior"-useless editor..

And what exactly was the reason for you, to choose the Units and weapons we have?

Was it, because the NATO uses this gear? Or was it "hey this weapon looks great, ok, in real life noone wanna have it because of major mistakes in construction, but it looks awesome!?

And IF it have a real idol, so its a useless weapon that no army wanna have. Bye bye, G36, M4, FaMAS and Styr AUG.. say welcome to Yodas awesome looking toys (With License-Free-Fantasy-Names).

You bring us this year: New stances, new Inventory Management, HD textures. ... thats all.

Ok, in clear words. I think Arma 4 i fighten with Lightsabers and Tachyoncannontanks against Lightspeed-Killer-Drones from outer Rim.

But if the editor is still the same sad pitty 2D thing that you sell us since almost THIRTEEN Years, i wont buy Arma 4!

(and yes.. one customer more or less, who cares, but i hope that everyone read this text as a sign.)

The editor is more convenient than ever now. Also, name one other large scale, all out war game without scripted AI? These aren't COD or BF AI. These essentially have their own brain. But wait... No other "realistic" sand box franchise of this scale even exists. Let alone do a better job (as a whole) than this franchise has over the years. Not to mention the modding support.

What maps have you been playing? There are several good servers hosting cti, c&h & coops.

Edited by David77

(and yes.. one customer more or less, who cares, but i hope that everyone read this text as a sign.

And now a Mod moves this thread to a collection-Thread in page 48 for hiding it, so that new customers spend money BEFORE they get dissapointed. It is so pathetic)

First of all, go first aid kit yourself.

Secondly, most of the AI issues you mentioned are false.

Thirdly, you just made this account to come here and say "there is not enogh vechiles, we needz moar!!!1!11one!!!!1!!!!!!" and I don't believe you played the series since OFP.

The editor is more convenient than ever now. Why all of the moans?

---------- Post added at 11:32 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Name one other large scale, all out war game without scripted AI? Oh wait... No other realistic sand box war game of this scale even exists. Let alone do a better job (as a whole) this franchise has over the years.

We have 2013 and they bring us a 2D editor with more then one Script language.

You know the competition? Crytek brings out CryEngine 3 with a full usable 3D editor, with better graphic AND more options AND World-Editing AND you can write your own game in it (if you can).

With Bohemias editor, you cant even give a enemy a new weapon or other equipment without learning a script language and hope that you learned the right one for this issue.

I develop missions for my clan since 4 Years, and i was hoping that they bring out a new improved 3D editor with unit-management, and what the bring us? The same editor from 2001 in a new design.

Also, name one other large scale, all out war game without scripted AI? These aren't COD or BF AI. These essentially have their own brain. But wait... No other "realistic" sand box war game of this scale even exists. Let alone do a better job (as a whole) this franchise has over the years. Not to mention the modding support.

Did you ever start a convoi of enemys in this game, with some fast and some heavy-Vehicles and some infantry? With a bit of luck, the can come across a mountain, but the next city will be the final stop for them.

Thirdly, you just made this account to come here and say "there is not enogh vechiles, we needz moar!!!1!11one!!!!1!!!!!!" and I don't believe you played the series since OFP.

Ehm.. calm down?!

Where did i write something about getting more? What are you talking about?

I was hoping for a improved game-expirience to arma 1/2 and OpFor.

Edited by VoidByte

so basically... more content will be added when campaign is released in stages??

You must be loved by all franchises. "I went to McDonalds and only got two patties when I ordered a BigMac. So what? They surely will deliver the buns & salad later..."

I think I have to explain it to you again little fanboy. You are not BIS "friend". You are their "customer". Got that? And when a customer PURCHASES something that turns out to be a serious dissappointment due to loack of content, then he has every right to complain.

Despite a lot of people's complete confidence and trust in BIS, this post still holds true. Sure, some may say those people are overreacting, but as paying customers they have every right to complain without being told to "**** off." And this game is not complete if they still have to add in release day features after the fact. And, yes, campaign was to be a release day feature. The whole reason it's delayed is because the game wasn't completed on time. At the game's current state it is still a beta. Most likely the real reason that BIS did not delay the official release is because they wanted to get their $60 from release day customers before COD and BF and GTA and other games come out. There is no other reason why they wouldn't have made the decision to delay the release a month or two.

http://youtu.be/1pm4fQRl72k

This is pretty much the vibe I am getting from everyone who is complaining about the content. Just that the tune isn't as awesome.

I'm feeling this is more representative:

You must be loved by all franchises. "I went to McDonalds and only got two patties when I ordered a BigMac. So what? They surely will deliver the buns & salad later..."

Complete fail at creating an analogy there.

Arma 3 is less like a big mac, which you consume in one sitting, and more like a TV series (Breaking Bad anyone, I can imagine RiE in his underpants cooking meth...), which you consume over time. So you don't need to know or see everything about it right from day 1.

Also, BI has a well established histroy/reputation for providing more/better content/fixes as the game matures. It has been exactly the same for every game in this series, from OFP to A3.

Edit: Also, quite often, if I order a burger, fries and drink from McDonalds, the burger will not be ready, they tell me to sit down and they will bring it to me. Which they do. So hey, I guess you analogy does kinda work.

I think I have to explain it to you again little fanboy. You are not BIS "friend". You are their "customer". Got that? And when a customer PURCHASES something that turns out to be a serious dissappointment due to loack of content, then he has every right to complain.

1. I'm pretty sure the mods outlawed the use of fanboy as a derogatory term, they might want to start policing this again (its typically the response of people who have run out of legitimate answers...)

2. You actually have no RIGHT to complain. You have the right to a refund, but thats all. That BI allows you to visit this forum and spill fourth your bile is a PRIVELEGE. There is no such thing as free speech here.

Edited by DM

I'm not so much disappointed with the lack of content as I am the lack of unique content. If all vehicles/factions had unique Turrets, RWS, static and boats It might be possible to overlook the lack of jets etc, and feel like there really are 20 new unique vehicles. If they insist on reusing content they could include more variants of existing platforms, e.g Marshall mortar/medivac etc.

I'm looking forward to seeing what pops into the game over the next months, hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Actually you do have the right to complain. I bought into an Alpha, and was promised many things ("Don't worry, lack of content is because it is WIP") and now it has been released I only have a little bit more content than I got from the Alpha.

Instead of a simple retexture of a vest to give it to me in Coyote brown, they give me 8 new fedoras. Instead of varying the NATO uniform, they stick an American flag on it (NATO has more than one country as a member, surprise surprise), so why not just rename NATO to US?

Want some more uniform variety? Here have some Ray-ban wayfarers. How about an LMG for NATO? Nah here's a 100rnd magazine for your modular rifle. It is these things that make me wonder when, if ever more new, unique content will be released.

Also, a car that can do 327km/h? As if driving in ArmA wasn't difficult enough (even with A3 it is still pretty dodgy).

@all users i would like to remind everyone of the forum rules. Please be constructive when posting, if not you may find infractions will be handed out.

Thanks R0adki11

2. You actually have no RIGHT to complain. You have the right to a refund, but thats all. That BI allows you to visit this forum and spill fourth your bile is a PRIVELEGE. There is no such thing as free speech here.

Any idea how that works under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 here in the UK? Consumers have 7 days to ask for a refund but as we paid our money months ago does that still work? Does release date of the game count as the refund date now? So if you wanted a refund would you have to apply to steam before Thurs 19th?

I am not to bothered by the lack of content, but I understand people feeling let down. More vehicles certainly would have been nice.

My let down is the MP performance, but then again that is something they might be able to optimize over time (I hope).

In regards to content, one thing BI could do well this time, is to release a really nice set of modding tools that don't look like they will be at home running on Windows 98. Also the documentation, there is still to much reliance on having to dig up old forum pages or old ofp sites which were created in 2001, just to find out how to do certain such as configure a model or create an animation. If they did a really nice job of enabling the community better, then I can see a ton of awesome content coming out of the community.

Edited by shinkicker

2. You actually have no RIGHT to complain.

I was rereading the forum rules, and I failed to see in which point stated that it's not allowed to complain ( in an educated manner obviously )? Could any moderator give us some insight about that.

BTW as long as you live in a democratic country, in all of them there is free speech by law/constitution.

Edit: Also, quite often, if I order a burger, fries and drink from McDonalds, the burger will not be ready, they tell me to sit down and they will bring it to me. Which they do. So hey, I guess you analogy does kinda work.

Before you order you check the ingredients and see some pictures and think how delicious this hamburger is going to be (PR & interviews). Your burger will be ready in 10 minutes after you have bought it (preorder). After 10 minutes they bring you buns without the meat or sallad and say that they will give the rest later for free (lack of campaign, scenarios, overall content). After some time they bring it and you notice the hamburger don't have any mayo that was both in the pictures and in the ingredients list. They say they never promised any mayo and the pictures are old ones (placeholder pictures (F35, etc) and teased & abandoned features such as the TOH flight model & 3D editor), because new menu, hamburgers without mayo, came in after you bought the hamburger. A guy on the table next to you starts to shout that you should really start to make your own mayos and stop whining about it ("mods will fix this").

Still happy eating that burger?

Dude, you are VERY wrong on that point.

Spec ops?

Nope, SecOps. Secondary Operations, a module that created some dynamic "mini" missions.

Are you sad with the not yet full release? GET USED TO IT! It will happen more and more with studios that doesn't have the manpower (

!) nor the rivers of money (BIS probably have this time) to back it up, even more when the scope of the game is something that others don't even try to tackle.

Before you order you check the ingredients and see some pictures and think how delicious this hamburger is going to be (PR & interviews). Your burger will be ready in 10 minutes after you have bought it (preorder). After 10 minutes they bring you buns without the meat or sallad and say that they will give the rest later for free (lack of campaign, scenarios, overall content). After some time they bring it and you notice the hamburger don't have any mayo that was both in the pictures and in the ingredients list. They say they never promised any mayo and the pictures are old ones (placeholder pictures (F35, etc) and teased & abandoned features such as the TOH flight model & 3D editor), because new menu, hamburgers without mayo, came in after you bought the hamburger. A guy on the table next to you starts to shout that you should really start to make your own mayos and stop whining about it ("mods will fix this").

Still happy eating that burger?

I like this example, I don't agree 100%, but its quite illustrative of the actual situation.

Luckily in Hesburguer that doesn't happen ( BTW I'm starting to be hungry xD) :yay:

guys calm it down. please discuss what the actual thread is about...

Any idea how that works under the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 here in the UK? Consumers have 7 days to ask for a refund but as we paid our money months ago does that still work? Does release date of the game count as the refund date now? So if you wanted a refund would you have to apply to steam before Thurs 19th?

Steam has some special rules which seem to supercede everything else. (Which sucks, just like the $1 = ***€1 thing).

If you sign up to pre-release alpha stuff on steam, you can get a refund at any time before release.

After release you can get a refund within 14 days as long as you havent downloaded any data.

Other than that, you're stuffed. You also agreed to not start class action lawsuits for refunds in the updated ToC a while back.

BTW as long as you live in a democratic country, in all of them there is free speech by law/constitution.

Within the country.

Free speech does not apply to privately owned forums on the internet. It is up to BI whether or not and how you can express yourself here.

If RiE decided that he didn't like you, he could have you expunged from the forums in the blink of an eye. The ability to post on this forum is not a RIGHT, it is a PRIVELEGE.

People need to learn this.

That BI allows you to visit this forum and spill fourth your bile is a PRIVELEGE. There is no such thing as free speech here.

Actually, I'm not. This forum is owned by BI, there is no such thing as free speech within this forum. Everything you post is subject to BI's approval, if they dont like you or what you're saying, you and your posts are gone. (Its only happened a handful of times in the last 12 years, but it has and does happen).

I was rereading the forum rules, and I failed to see in which point stated that it's not allowed to complain ( in an educated manner obviously )? Could any moderator give us some insight about that.

Actually, DM is correct. This is a privately owned forum, so BI could theoretically enforce any arbitrary rules that tickled their fancy - including the suppression of negative feedback if they so chose. It's like if you were invited into someone's home and then insulted their kids, they would have every right to kick you out.

Anyway, this thread is veering off topic, so let's please cut the meta-discussion. Questions about the forum rules, free speech and Steam's refund policy belong elsewhere.

I guess you can chalk me up as frustrated. I was really at least hoping for the Ambient Combat and Sec Ops Modules (and if we were lucky, all vehicles from Arma2 ported.)

A couple points follow. First, giving the campaign out in three pieces still makes you wonder how they can call it the "full" release. The second point is, according to BIS, the campaign is free DLC...then accordingly there still should be future pay DLC's. The reason I state this is the edition I got guaranteed me all future DLC's are bought and paid for. If the campaigns are simply going to be those DLC's, and they are free....what DLC am I benefitting from by buying that special edition? If it is not the free DLC, how long is it going to take to see those DLC come to fruition considering the campaign isn't likely to be fully implemented until 2014.

Again, I'm frustrated. Maybe not as frustrated as Aliens Colonial Marines, but more than I should be with an Arma "Full" Release.

Love BIS....but some transparency at this point might guarantee longevity.

Actually, DM is correct. This is a privately owned forum, so BI could theoretically enforce any arbitrary rules that tickled their fancy - including the suppression of negative feedback if they so chose. It's like if you were invited into someone's home and then insulted their kids, they would have every right to kick you out.

Anyway, this thread is veering off topic, so let's please cut the meta-discussion. Questions about the forum rules, free speech and Steam's refund policy belong elsewhere.

Just got to answer this sorry. The point being is that BI do not enforce arbitrary rules about free speech etc. So actually saying that is a bit of a moot point imo. So, technically DM is correct but in reality DM's statement is also moot.

/on topic.

I'm feeling this is more representative:

Complete fail at creating an analogy there.

Arma 3 is less like a big mac, which you consume in one sitting, and more like a TV series (Breaking Bad anyone, I can imagine RiE in his underpants cooking meth...), which you consume over time. So you don't need to know or see everything about it right from day 1.

Also, BI has a well established histroy/reputation for providing more/better content/fixes as the game matures. It has been exactly the same for every game in this series, from OFP to A3.

1. I'm pretty sure the mods outlawed the use of fanboy as a derogatory term, they might want to start policing this again (its typically the response of people who have run out of legitimate answers...)

With all due respect, you sir are WRONG! A paying customer has EVERY right to voice his complaints, his concerns, his doubts about a product HE paid for. BIS allows people to visit here, but it's money from people like him that even enables BIS to still be making games. REMEMBER THAT. If Arma 3 is a burger, that you have to wait for to be ready, you still have EVERY right to go and ask how long that burger is going to take. However, we have the burger right now. And it's not complete. If I get a cheeseburger without the cheese, I'm going to go back and ask for the cheese. If I get a Ranch BLT (Bacon Lettuce Tomato Burger with Ranch sauce) and they leave off the either of those ingredients, or if they tell me after I buy it that they don't have anymore bacon, I'm going to complain. Why? Because I bought it. Sure, I'll get my refund, but I will find issue with it, and will complain that they waited until after I bought the burger to tell me. It's the same with Arma 3.

The one problem with your analogy is that we have received the burger. It was declared "ready". It's not up to you to decide that 3 years down the road it's "ready". Release day is ready. I don't care if you say that this is not how the series has been. I don't care. Release day is gold. Release day is ready. Release day is on the shelf. When you go gold, when you release a game, that's ready. That's finished. I don't care what you term it, there's no perpetual alpha or beta, no perpetual "never finished" game (like some people have been terming Arma 3). You can't produce a finished game by the day your game goes gold, you delay that game. You don't put out an unfinished product so that you get get your $60/other-equivalent-currencies and get ahead of your competition (and this is about unfinished, incomplete assets, not the campaign). I bought a burger. I didn't buy half a burger. Sure, I bought it at the price of half a burger, but that wasn't my call nor was it a sale for half a burger. You (BIS in this analogy) were selling the full burger at a cheaper price with the added benefit of receiving the burger in pieces, in segments, in parts, such that by the time you were finished making the burger, I'd have received a full burger. Instead, what happened is that you weren't paying attention to the burger as you were making it, you got behind, and now I don't have a full burger and I've been in your restaurant for an hour.

A better example: eating at a restaurant, not fast food, except you pay for your meal in advance. (And this will show you why restaurants giving you your ticket after your meal is really nice, something you kinda wish early access games would do.) You pay for your appetizers and your entree plus any sides. You get the appetizers, the alpha, the beta. You even get a sampling of your entree. You sell the meal at a cheaper price to get people into your restaurant to help support your cooking, buy more ingredients, etc. You bring me the appetizer, even the sampling of the entree (alpha, beta, devbranch). But I haven't gotten the entree yet, and it should take you no more than an hour to do so (your usual practice, time from conception to release day). I tell you that I'll wait, because I really would like to get the entree that I paid for, having enjoyed the appetizers, and wanting you to take your time so that when I get the entree, it's superb. But what do you say? You tell me to just come back again another day, that I won't have to pay again for it, that you will have it ready for me the next time I come into your restaurant. So, what do I do? Do I sit there and say, "Okay. I'll come back another day, when my entree is ready"? Hell no! Yes, I'm going to complain. I'm going to complain about the customer service. I'm going to complain that you sent me on my way without having received my full meal. Yes, I'm going to complain that I should have received my full meal even though it may have taken two hours (if I didn't want the wait, I'd ask for a refund), even though I'm a regular customer (this could honestly apply to fast food restaurants as well). And I'm going to complain that what I did partake of (appetizers + sample) didn't taste up to standard (your not-up-to-par engine). Sure, I could handle the situation better by asking for a refund and not frequenting that restaurant any more. But if I complain to management, I have EVERY right to do so. That is my RIGHT, not my PRIVILEGE, as a paying customer.

The feedback tracker is for bug/error related issues with the game, not for general concerns or discontentment with the way in which BIS is doing business. The forums is the proper medium to voice concerns. It's not just for heaping praises on the development team, not just for discussing mods or scripting or missions. The forums are a medium for communication between developer and community. It is entirely appropriate for people to be voicing their concerns. Maybe it'd be better if there was one single, official thread dedicated to people voicing their concerns, like there is for voicing community wishes and ideas. And maybe it'd be good if the devs would pay attention to both. But it is completely out of place for you to be calling the voicing of one's concerns "bile" simply because you don't agree with their opinion. It is "bile" for you to suggest that one only has the right to offer up praise to BIS but not complaint/criticism as well. You may say that saying "there's only one jet", "no real body armor penetration", "every vehicle has the same turret", isn't constructive, but it is. Why? Because it tells you that those paying customers would like to see "more than one jet", "real body armor penetration", "faction vehicles with faction-specific armaments". Sure, it's been said that more jets are coming, and body armor penetration is a feature request, not a standard set by previous games, but these people who are complaining aren't complaining because COD or BF, or any other game series has these things. They are complaining because the previous game had these things, and this game doesn't. So they see it as a step back.

Now, I'm not one of the ones constantly complaining about stuff. But I do have issue with assets being unfinished in the game. The dev team has been upfront about the datalock and such, but it should have never come to the point where assets weren't being finished because of some data lock. This stuff should be finished before release. That's my second issue. The release date should have been adjusted to account for time needed to complete the game. Third issue is performance and the way the engine handles the CPU, AI scripting, etc. The engine needs improvement. More than a campaign, more than completed assets, more than new features, I just want the team to actively work to improve their engine - not graphics, not particles, not sounds. The engine needs work, and the excuse "engine limitation" doesn't cut it. Be open, be frank, about work towards performance improvements, optimization (minimization/reduction of resources, code, etc), engine streamlining. As a paying customer (not sure how many times I need to repeat this phrase for it to stick with you anti-criticism people), I have every right to ask for these things. Sure, BIS has the right to say no, we're not doing this. It'd be in good faith to at least continually try.

That's all I've got, but just understand that your post was very rude and disrespectful. And, responding to your video, this isn't some blind lottery ticket, or some generous gift. You paid for a complete Ferrari; you don't expect to get one without a shoddy engine and a missing hood.

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Yeah, expect for the fact that they haven't suppressed negative feedback. So, no, it's not that you are insulting someone's kids in their own home. It's like you bought X from them but you didn't get all of X when they said X was ready, so you go to their home to complain to them about it and voice your dissatisfaction. And if BIS suppressed structured, mannered negative feedback, then that wouldn't speak highly of them as a development studio. So, with all due respect, please keep that in mind.

@DM: the ability to post on this forum is not a right, yes. But negative feedback, like any feedback, is an understood right for the paying customer, the one who helps you keep a roof over your head, whether it's on this forum, or via social media, or via email, or via a letter.