Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

Okay, from the latest sitrep (and I quote!): "To confirm: we will continue our daily experimental builds on development branch as per usual. In fact, there is a rather huge backlog of updates queued up behind our project's release data lock. Once this lock is relaxed on the 12th, our team is free to publish to Steam devbranch and you'll likely see many, many tweaks and fixes immediately." (italics added)

THIS is what I'm hoping will improve the experience on release of 1.02. I sincerely hope they release a changelog so we know whats coming although unfortunately I'm not holding my breath that the things I'd like fixed will be fixed (eg. lack of bipod, etc).

Fingers crossed anyway.

Okay, from the latest sitrep (and I quote!): "To confirm: we will continue our daily experimental builds on development branch as per usual. In fact, there is a rather huge backlog of updates queued up behind our project's release data lock. Once this lock is relaxed on the 12th, our team is free to publish to Steam devbranch and you'll likely see many, many tweaks and fixes immediately." (italics added)

THIS is what I'm hoping will improve the experience on release of 1.02. I sincerely hope they release a changelog so we know whats coming although unfortunately I'm not holding my breath that the things I'd like fixed will be fixed (eg. lack of bipod, etc).

Fingers crossed anyway.

I'm just hoping they undid whatever it was they did that's caused me to experience halved FPS when playing for more than 20-30 minutes!!

You have been told what's been going on all along the way, and if some features what you wanted to be in the game, aren't in the game, you were told why they are not in the game.

"I want my money back" -messages are just hilarious.

The whole ragewhinedisappointmentoverreactexaggeration -trend should already die down.

Find those bugs, report them, give some suggestions, try the mods, get AiA, create those missions, ...or leave the game be for a while, it can and it will get better.

Now lets break stuff down shall we?

Sure, but do you think we can do so without you getting your knickers in a twist?

What jets are you talking about. In the release of the game there is only 1 jet. Please do some more research before posting.

Humble apologies - I was being endearing when I used the plural (CAS/AA) it was better than just JET But fair enough, I'm happy to go with your assertion that there is 1 pitiful, badly modeled at best (from the inside) jet in the game. Cleared that up now?

2013_09_10_00004.jpg

I didn't realise you were a military expert regarding mounted missile launchers. Did you want lasers on them instead?

Ad Homniem

1980's Romanian jeep interiors? Why do you say they look like this? Have you been in one by any chance or are you basing your opinion in speculation? Oh you also need to double check what you are looking at, the interiors are the most complex we have seen in an Arma game and also the most defined...

The 1980's called, they want their bus back.

2013_09_10_00003.jpg

You definitely missed the memo about the era in which the game is set. Let me tell you one more time, it is set ~ 20 years in the future, hence all the future tech as well.

argumentum ad nauseam This is nothing like what combat will be in 20 years.

Well done for having so many hours logged into Arma 2, so you must be aware of the 3 DLC's for Arma 2? Just in case let me spell it out for you. Firstly there was the BAF content, then PMC and finally ACR. You didn't actually have to pay for these DLC's

Really now? I have receipts that say otherwise - no I did not just buy the combined pack. Petitio Principii
If it is some private investigator then he really needs to be sacked... If it's you (and in all probability it is) then please refrain from stating falsehoods on these forums, it really doesn't put you in a good light.
Ad Homniem
And 1 last thing in this paragraph, BIS have stated that when the campaign gets released more content will get released as well. They have also said 2 CAS planes will come as free DLC.
is that 2 planes or two varients? *raises an eyebrow, I've had reviewers calling the past 1 jet as 2, since you are demanding so many citations, would you mind giving me one for the above pulease?
Yes, 2 years of development was scrapped because of various reasons, it has been pretty well documented what those reasons were. So, your point is?

My point is, regardless of what content BIS is trying to cover up (or lack of) It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd....

As I said, I'll give them 4 months to get their act in gear. I don't actually mind incomplete unfished games as long as there is actually evidence that the promises will be kept!

As for this thread, apparently I need to repeat myself or it will just keep being regurgitated back to me. - I'm out of here.

Edited by Nossie

@Nossie

well to correct you on the Strider or whatever it is called, it is actually the Fennek and it pretty much looks like that.

http://www.primeportal.net/apc/hans-hermann_buhling/fennek/index.php?Page=6

http://data3.primeportal.net/apc/hans-hermann_buhling/fennek/images/fennek_118_of_149.jpg (588 kB)

it is a bigger mystery to me why it is with the Independent rather then NATO where it belongs to and why one of the main perks, the telescopic optics dont work since it is a scout.

The Jet is just ridiculous, I mean which country is going to war with something like that today let alone in 20 years?

Overall though I am not too concerned with the scope of vehicles and arms they showed us so far, I am really concerned that the engine or programming or whatever is not up to the task anymore. The CPU/GPU issue, horrible frames on MP and even SP. How good is a program that only uses half of the potential that is in your system if even that.

it is a bigger mystery to me why it is with the Independent rather then NATO where it belongs to and why one of the main perks, the telescopic optics dont work since it is a scout.

Agree, that the periscope should work.

The Jet is just ridiculous, I mean which country is going to war with something like that today let alone in 20 years?

Well the jet is from 2000, and normal military jets last from 30-40 years. And this one in particular has really nice capabilities in CAS.

For the Jet, so CAS? Ok perhaps, but i rather take a A10 then some Chzech built AirCraft that isnt flown by anyone and the countries expressing interest seem to be really the who is who in Weapons Technology. But anyway my mistake didnt know that countries build stuff new that others fly as Trainers for over 30 years.

This is nothing like what combat will be in 20 years.

Really now? I have receipts that say otherwise - no I did not just buy the combined pack.

is that 2 planes or two varients? *raises an eyebrow, I've had reviewers calling the past 1 jet as 2, since you are demanding so many citations, would you mind giving me one for the above pulease?

Just going to reply to the above points just to show how badly misinformed you really, really are.

Lol, you must have a crystal ball. How do you know what combat will be like in 20 years time? Ah, that time machine in the back garden, that must be it.

Do you actually know about the lite versions of the DLC content for A2? I suggest going onto the Arma 2 website or at least google BAF lite / PMC lite / ACR lite. If you want I can give you links...

And finally, regarding the addition of 2 extra jets, it has been mentioned on numerous youtube videos and also by the devs themselves on these forums, have a search and you will be informed. :)

Have a nice day.

Well the jet is from 2000, and normal military jets last from 30-40 years. And this one in particular has really nice capabilities in CAS.

It's an iteration of a trainer plane that went into production in 1971. It's cannon fodder in anything more demanding than counter-insurgency operations and invasions of undeveloped countries.

It's a defense force of an island, nothing more. The jet is fine for such small army, i'm more curious about CAS for main armies. What will BI prepare? :P

It's an iteration of a trainer plane that went into production in 1971. It's cannon fodder in anything more demanding than counter-insurgency operations and invasions of undeveloped countries.

Well we are talking about Altis which is not supposed to be a military power, its just a low cost jet, in fact countries like that don't even tend to have jets.

BTW, its a czech jet, and BI is from? Even more do you think that normal countries have F22 and A10?

Well we are talking about Altis which is not supposed to be a military power, its just a low cost jet, in fact countries like that don't even tend to have jets.

BTW, its a czech jet, and BI is from? Even more do you think that normal countries have F22 and A10?

"Normal" countries meaning what? Finland? South Africa? Czech Republic? Yes, it makes perfect sense that Altis would have the L-159. If NATO or CSAT had that, I'd find issue with it.

"Normal" countries meaning what? Finland? South Africa? Czech Republic? Yes, it makes perfect sense that Altis would have the L-159. If NATO or CSAT had that, I'd find issue with it.

(guess) normal = not military oriented countries, even if NATO members.

I would compare more Altis to Malta, Cyprus, Luxembourg and countries that are more close to it in Population and extension,

(guess) normal = not military oriented countries, even if NATO members.

Yeah thats it. Btw, thought I'm not finnish, IMO Finland is quite a militaristic country ( guess that due to the eastern neighbour ). Here they have bunkers in almost all the buildings ( even in the one I live in ).

Edited by MistyRonin

It's a defense force of an island, nothing more. The jet is fine for such small army, i'm more curious about CAS for main armies. What will BI prepare? :P

Eh, the island is part of Greece irl. I thought something similar applied in the armaverse? And Greece spends quite a bit on its army ;)

Eh, the island is part of Greece irl. I thought something similar applied in the armaverse? And Greece spends quite a bit on its army ;)

The military and society are modelled after the republic of Malta, per the developers. That's why the old flag has the union jack on it, and why the natives speak english instead of greek as the official language.

Island is not part of Greece in this story, hence the name the Republic of Altis.

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

I would compare more Altis to Malta, Cyprus, Luxembourg and countries that are more close to it in Population and extension,

Yeah thats it. Btw, thought I'm not finnish, IMO Finland is quite a militaristic country ( guess that due to the eastern neighbour ). Here they have bunkers in almost all the buildings ( even in the one I live in ).

Well, yeah, that's why I said the L-159 fits Altis just fine. They originally had the aircraft as an Iranian jet. Glad that didn't happen.

They originally had the aircraft as an Iranian jet. Glad that didn't happen.

Agree, that would have not made much sense. But we still have to see what jets are we gonna have for the main contenders.

even now a day, some countries in SEA still using OV-10 from Vietnam Era for CAS role.

And I thought Croatia's MiG-21s were bad. :)

I take it the OP didn't play very much OFP & Arma1. From title to title it's always essentially been a copy & paste, but with better graphics, new toys, new environments, smoother gameplay & more scripting commands. Which is okay with me, because I know what to expect. I realize the "next" title wont flop, but instead improve upon what we already have. Also, give this game a few months after final release and you'll have a boat load of mods.

I take it the OP didn't play very much OFP & Arma1. From title to title it's always essentially been a copy & paste, but with better graphics, new toys, new environments, smoother gameplay & more scripting commands. Which is okay with me, because I know what to expect. I realize the "next" title wont flop, but instead improve upon what we already have. Also, give this game a few months after final release and you'll have a boat load of mods.

Funny how COD is criticized for the same thing... At least it's stable. Hopefully there will be more mods like Arma 2, over time of course. I really would like smoother gameplay and finished content. Hopefully all the stuff currently ingame will be finished with tomorrow's release (as in, no invisible headgear or uniforms).

it's not just mods you'll have in a couple months, bis are pretty good at constantly improving the game signifigantly as time goes by.

Let's say, that ArmA 3 took some HUGE Engine progression. But the game flopped so steep into the deep end of the pool, that it drowned. There is not a lot of real life correlation going on in ArmA 3, most of ArmA 3's material looks similar to the Marines in the Halo series. Super Goggles in helmets, weird body armor... weird shaped vehicles. Everything that isn't normal, is in ArmA 3. There is no M16 so far, no Kolashnikov, no Bizon, no simple RPG, no AT4, no normal Abrams, T70's, T80's, T90's, RPK's, MP5's, M4's, Standard PISTOLS or STANDARD RIFLES. Nothing is standard, that is what kills me guys! They dumped out so many favorite vehicles and weapons that the game just dropped it's own purpose. Who is to say the game simulates anything at all, its sort of just a game now. People from real military played ArmA 2 because they loved all of the simulation around experienced equipment. Well this is how I feel after being around this material in ArmA 1 and ArmA 2. BLEH!

Please don't send me love mail because I don't like things so far, but this is what ArmA 3 looks like to me.

http://www.arma3.demisia.com/images/Arma3_images_from_game004.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9223/scorpion5sn.png

http://gamer.portail.free.fr/mid/p1010/arma3_sketch_opfor_helmet.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/archive/1/1a/20070320025721!Marines_on_the_Battlefield.jpg

http://halo.bungie.org/images/halopcgamer1.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18hguss1u81oggif/original.gif

Who is to say Halo is a bad game, but just because it is on a big battlefield doesn't make it an ArmA. This is the reason, I don't know what to do with ArmA 3.

Edited by wawa