Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

Disapointed with the full release content

The current dev build is 0.77something....release is in 2 or so days....is the release version going to go up to 1.0...and if so, what will come in between .077 and 1.0?

Probably 0.78 - 0.99. :p

The current dev build is 0.77something....release is in 2 or so days....is the release version going to go up to 1.0...and if so, what will come in between .077 and 1.0?
If you're on the dev branch, then you already have all the sandbox content and the release download should be quite small.

People going from the latest stable build to release will need to download roughly 3.5-4GB, by my estimate.

doesnt look like much

0.77 to 1.0, that's a huge part of ... um.. number... with no changes? That would be silly :rolleyes:. Anyway, I don't mind the copy paste if the simulation of some stuff would be better(the titan = javelin not even ace style). UAV and arty are great, pity though that the rest didn't receive any significant updates(except better armor simulation .. although it works strange sometimes)

Theoretically, all the "playable content" to date, because all the sandbox stuff was supposed to be released the 4th.

On the other hand, who say that the release version would be the 1.0? Wouldn't it be 1.0 when ALL the intended stuff its released ( campaign, jet for each main faction, etc. )?

*sigh* I was/am secretly hoping for some 'surprise' content in between 0.77 and 1.0 ie. bug fixes, bipod/weapon resting, etc.

Looks like ARMA3 will be shelved once GTA V comes out (next Tuesday).

*sigh* I was/am secretly hoping for some 'surprise' content in between 0.77 and 1.0 ie. bug fixes, bipod/weapon resting, etc.

Looks like ARMA3 will be shelved once GTA V comes out (next Tuesday).

Why not play both? And besides GTA V has no mods and likely will never have any.

The way it works is I usually drop everything and play a new game for about a week...until I get sick of it, then come back to my 'ole faithful' (my current is FSX...hoping ARMA3 will be the next). I am sick of the bugs though - it does drive me insane when:

1. artillery doesn't work as advertised (tried last night...M4 main gun wouldn't elevate)

2. weapon sway is ridiculous esp against crack-shot AI

3. I have to put up with the silly menu system (eg. accidentally picking up an enemy rifle then realising I can't swap to my old one because its disappeared! so I end up with an enemy rifle with NO ammo).

I absolutely love this game but I also realise there's issues/bugs which are frustrating which I try to ignore but they keep coming back.

Anyway, no more ranting - there's enough of it on here. Hence why I'm hoping there might be some good news in between what we currently have and the final release.

Just so you guys know, the game version in launch will be 1.02 not 1.00.

Just so you guys know, the game version in launch will be 1.02 not 1.00.

Okay, from my original question...does anyone know what will come in between 0.77 (current dev build) and 1.02? (and don't say 0.78-1.01)

Surely if we've been given everything in the dev build (which is 0.77) and they're releasing 1.02 there must be SOMETHING good in between...surely. I mean, what haven't they released? I initially thought that that could be the single player campaign but why would they then call it 1.02 and not leave it at 0.77?

Okay, from my original question...does anyone know what will come in between 0.77 (current dev build) and 1.02? (and don't say 0.78-1.01)

Surely if we've been given everything in the dev build (which is 0.77) and they're releasing 1.02 there must be SOMETHING good in between...surely. I mean, what haven't they released? I initially thought that that could be the single player campaign but why would they then call it 1.02 and not leave it at 0.77?

They've hinted that there's something but they won't tell it. Just be patient and wait. Probably something small.

Tuesday will be 0.78

Wednesday will be 0.79

Thursday will be 1.02

I posted this on the steam forum ... but I wanted the devs to know I'm not that amused either

I just want a challenger II *sniffs* .. or - or - or !

strange concept I know ! but .... a western APC with TOW launchers

Really Bohemia ... since when have missiles been used less in warfare? the 50s? And yet in 2035 we are back to shooting people with peashooters and cannons.

"I know, I know ... let's make the tanks look shexy and add cctv to the inside! instant recipe for future warfare!

Oh ... but before we go, lets add kids toys to the simulation - because in 20+ years time the military will just about get them..."

http://ardrone2.parrot.com/

I'm REALLY trying not be cynical here, but what else do they expect?

Can I just add - I never actually signed up for playing Arma in the 2030s ...so this is an interesting turn of events ( I had wondered though with the ULTRA FUTURISTIC cctv cameras in the alpha ) ... le sigh.

First of all I think it's unfair we should depend on the modders for ANYTHING.

Secondly - I think that right now it's more important we have a stable working engine.

However, not only are half the current vehicles carbon copies of the other, I'm dreading when the first paid for DLC goes up. Sure, give BIS their chance to finalize the product after release. The med is not my favourite theater of operation - fair enough ( it's pretty but it's very subjective) but right now I smell shortcut after shortcut after fricking shortcut! and as someone that did buy the supporters edition on pre order I'm currently feeling rather scammed.

Scrap the futuristic bullshit and be a little more realistic - what's the fricking point of having an 'army' sim when 3/4 of the units in 2035 will be remote controlled anyway?

You know it's funny, the DLCs for Arma II were quite good, great amount of variety - my only slight issue was and underwhelming amount of professionally made missions/campaign length. These 3 apparently free content packs better blow my every loving mind - because if I'm smelling "we'll release half a product now and nickle and dime you on 10 million expansion packs" You will be getting sweet %£% all from me ever again.

Edited by Nossie

Damn, ok :( :p

maybe they have a surprise... who knows they could have said this is the full release content to keep us guessing? and on the 12th booooommmm the real full release content? hope hope hope :D

I posted this on the steam forum ... but I wanted the devs to know I'm not that amused either

Secondly - I think that right now it's more important we have a stable working engine.

However, not only are half the current vehicles carbon copies of the other, I'm dreading when the first paid for DLC goes up. Sure, give BIS their chance to finalize the product after release. The med is not my favourite theater of operation - fair enough ( it's pretty but it's very subjective) but right now I smell shortcut after shortcut after fricking shortcut! and as someone that did buy the supporters edition on pre order I'm currently feeling rather scammed.

Scrap the futuristic bullshit and be a little more realistic - what's the fricking point of having an 'army' sim when 3/4 of the units in 2035 will be remote controlled anyway?

You know it's funny, the DLCs for Arma II were quite good, great amount of variety - my only slight issue was and underwhelming amount of professionally made missions/campaign length. These 3 apparently free content packs better blow my every loving mind - because if I'm smelling "we'll release half a product now and nickle and dime you on 10 million expansion packs" You will be getting sweet %£% all from me ever again.

OK I now this is your first post & everything... but DLC does not mean PAID FOR DLC. BIS has a long & happy tradition of regular improvements & additions to the engine/content, for free. Sure there are some pay-for DLCs, but free versions of these were always provided for people not wanting to buy and also not wanting to be excluded from MP games.

As for your wanted content - ArmA3 is ArmA3 with its content. If you want ArmA2 content, you need to buy ArmA2.

Can I just add - I never actually signed up for playing Arma in the 2030s ...so this is an interesting turn of events ( I had wondered though with the ULTRA FUTURISTIC cctv cameras in the alpha ) ... le sigh.

Actually - you did :)

Thanks for your input. And you are right that we should not rely on the modders for extra content, but part of this "game" is being able to add mods to the game and I mean any mod you can come up with. Look at mods like pong, the Star Trek mod and others for variety and what is possible with the engine and the tools out there.

Don't get your point about scrapping the futuristic setting because things are remote controlled. We have the same capability now with drones, maybe not as sophisticated though. Plus you can either use the drones or not use the drones, it isn't a must thing to do.

Finally, nobody actually knows what the 3 free DLC's will contain. We are all hoping for a mindblowing campaign though, that is true. (On the caveat that people want to play the campaign of course...).

The fact that the game would take place in a close future was always a well known fact (hell, the first teaser had railguns in it!). I can't imagine how this took you by surprise.

OK I now this is your first post & everything...

First post and all that... thanks for the heads up .. but since you are finished trying to belittle my intelligence I will clarify just for you. BTW, the word you are looking for is 'know' all good?

To my knowledge there should be 3 free campaign packs, although apparently the vehicles are sandbox feature complete. So controversy aside, I'm fully aware that within a month or two at most there should be a free DLC - said DLC also actually being part of the game that should have shipped had it been on schedule. Keep that in mind, that is game content - not extended DLC.

As for your wanted content - ArmA3 is ArmA3 with its content. If you want ArmA2 content, you need to buy ArmA2.

I did.

I have OFP, and all the Arma games - hey I have a free spare copy of Cold war rising if you would like it - any guesses where I got that from? *Glare* If you are happy with scaled down Battlefield 2142 carbon copy clones, who am I to judge? EXACTLY. I believed that ORIGINALLY the game was set closer to now and I CERTAINLY never expected a large (I said large in this context? hah, DCS has a larger range) amount of the vehicles to be the same.

I'm actually quite saddened that you expect so little from a game these days - why don't we just make this one F2P too and be done with it? I mean it's not like you'd notice, everything else is going over your head.

Actually - you did :)

Actually I did not.

Experience true combat gameplay in a massive military sandbox. Authentic, diverse, open - Arma 3 sends you to war.

Parse that all you like however I certainly don't see future in that statement. Actually - where does it say the word future on their whole site?

http://www.arma3.com ?

Or here?

http://www.arma3.com/buy/

enlighten me oh knowledgeable one.

Edited by Nossie

Railguns? Where? Are you sure you're not thinking BIS other 'attempt' at futuristic scenarios? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/carrier-command-gaea-mission

Oh wait, I do apologise, is that what the delay is - still waiting on getting the Deathstar license from Disney? Jokes aside, this game in its current form will be a shadow of the others.

In the FUTURE Where ARDrones rule the sky and b/w CCTV is all the rage. Really? I would like to hope there was no product placement regarding that drone.

Edited by Nossie

First post and all that... thanks for the heads up .. but since you are finished trying to belittle my intelligence I will clarify just for you. BTW, the word you are looking for is 'know' all good?

Heh, I've misspelled "know" about 20 times in the last two months. I suspect my k key is failing :) or at least the finger I use for it :D I didn't intend to belittle your intelligence, but I can only go by what you decide to type up and we do get a lot of people through here who simply don't know much about the product they bought.

To my knowledge there should be 3 free campaign packs, although apparently the vehicles are sandbox feature complete. So controversy aside, I'm fully aware that within a month or two at most there should be a free DLC - said DLC also actually being part of the game that should have shipped had it been on schedule. Keep that in mind, that is game content - not extended DLC.

I did.

I have OFP, and all the Arma games - hey I have a free spare copy of Cold war rising if you would like it - any guesses where I got that from? *Glare* If you are happy with scaled down Battlefield 2142 carbon copy clones, who am I to judge? EXACTLY. I believed that ORIGINALLY the game was set closer to now and I CERTAINLY never expected a large (I said large in this context? hah, DCS has a larger range) amount of the vehicles to be the same.

Well it sounds like you simply bought a game you didn't Know much about in that case. The timeline was always clear, the setting was always clear.

I'm actually quite saddened that you expect so little from a game these days - why don't we just make this one F2P too and be done with it? I mean it's not like you'd notice, everything else is going over your head.

Hey look I got what I was expecting - new content, new setting, new timeline. All gameplay from here on is down to me, this is really the only part of the ArmA gameplay I was expecting to continue - which it is.

Actually I did not.

Well OK, we'll settle for "not intentionally" :) but almost everyone else seemed to be able to get that information. If you were expecting to buy ArmA2 again then you were always destined for disappointment IMO.

Edited by DMarkwick

Railguns? Where? Are you sure you're not thinking BIS other 'attempt' at futuristic scenarios? http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/carrier-command-gaea-mission

Oh wait, I do apologise, is that what the delay is - still waiting on getting the Deathstar license from Disney? Jokes aside, this game in its current form will be a shadow of the others.

In the FUTURE Where ARDrones rule the sky and b/w CCTV is all the rage. Really? I would like to hope there was no product placement regarding that drone.

Are you trying to belittle people on these forums, surely not?

Do you also remember the release of the other titles in the series? They were in a worse state on release then what A3 is at this present time. And I was one of those people who were in Germany at the time and trust me the release of Arma 2 1.0 was not pretty!

Are you trying to belittle people on these forums, surely not?

Goodness me no, I'd never belittle any of the wonderful, imaginable little daffodils in this forum, everyone is of such high caliber intellect, so kind and receptive to criticism regardless of if it's not aimed at them directly and never deserve anything untoward. How are you my little flower, have you had your happy pills too I hope?

Do you also remember the release of the other titles in the series?

My dose of happy pills keeps being increased with every new title from BiS. Thing is, optimizations and bugs I can live with - those are certainly things that can be fixed by the community if Bohemia don't. Not like we've never had unofficial official patches before ... right? oh wait.

Am I in the minority, no - I might be a lot of things but apparently minority is not one of them:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163155-A2-vehicles-a-solution-or-A3-lack-of-content

Are those supposed to look like jets from the future? Even the F-35B fits better - was that retired already?

What about static sam systems.

What about APCs with mounted missile launchers. Seriously - That's fine in 1950, yet even OFP had those! Missiles can be guided these days - no seriously!

What about variety of vehicles in general, what is this game - battlefield?

If Bohemia came out and said 'well no, actually quite a few are placeholders for future models' I wouldn't be kicking up a storm - however if this really is 'feature' complete with 1980's romanian jeep interieriors... Then I'm pretty shocked.

This is a game that can not decide what era it belongs to. It sounds like I missed the memo when they said it was going to be set 20 years in the future, however half the content is practically modern day or older and the rest is a copy pasta of another project entirely.

I really do sound like a troll .. and I'm sorry - I have 200 hours logged on Arma 2 on steam, another 100 with playwithsix and god knows what else with manual mods. I have Take on helicopters and I have the Hind addon, I'm only being like this because I *DO* actually care.

What does actually bother me is DLC. DLC next to F2P is king these days. Is Bohemia going to put barely enough effort to get this game passable before they fix it post patch with paid for DLC? Bohemia went so far out their way to encourage modding - I don't think even the modders thought they were making the game for them! Considering the content of prior DLC packs for Arma II, I have little faith they won't try and money grab. A perfect storm for a perfect excuse.

Sure, games have bugs, The arma series has always been in a class of its own that way.

Sure, development drags on, I applaud them for delaying the campaign to get the engine released as priority

I heard that 2 years development was scraped and was wondering why - having not heard this before I did a little google. I said at the beginning of this post that the game felt like a cutnshut.

Entire campaign scrapped whilst developers were in jail, with the RPG elements removed. New creative direction points towards Operation Flashpoint

All rumour and speculation. Is that in the same way Arma III is all smoke and mirrors?

I wasn't actually going to reply again, I had typed it out with a kind thanks to DMarkwick regarding the fact I'd used his fire and smoke mod in the past but it once again tumbled into a rant (kinda like this one) - so I gave up and walked away.

However Dale, I just couldn't help replying after I saw yours :) and you are such an adorable little chipmonk too!

Actually, believe it or not - if I still hadn't that little thimble full of faith that I never wasted my support and preorder money - I would go as far saying this is BIS - Aliens Colonial Marines.

However, since I do still have a thread of faith - I'll give it 4 months an then shut the door.

And thanks again modders, I really offer you no disrespect for the effort put into these games, you do a superb job.

BIS modding community - putting playability back in the game since 2001.
Edited by Nossie

Rubbish.

Cheers sweetcheeks, but please keep those lovely names for your wife / girlfriend / boyfriend / budgie.

Now lets break stuff down shall we?

What jets are you talking about. In the release of the game there is only 1 jet. Please do some more research before posting.

I didn't realise you were a military expert regarding mounted missile launchers. Did you want lasers on them instead?

1980's Romanian jeep interiors? Why do you say they look like this? Have you been in one by any chance or are you basing your opinion in speculation? Oh you also need to double check what you are looking at, the interiors are the most complex we have seen in an Arma game and also the most defined...

You definitely missed the memo about the era in which the game is set. Let me tell you one more time, it is set ~ 20 years in the future, hence all the future tech as well.

Well done for having so many hours logged into Arma 2, so you must be aware of the 3 DLC's for Arma 2? Just in case let me spell it out for you. Firstly there was the BAF content, then PMC and finally ACR. You didn't actually have to pay for these DLC's if you wanted to play with your mates who had them as BIS came up with a brilliant plan. You know the one I mean, Oh ok, well I am talking about the lite versions of the DLC's. BIS are such a bad company for doing that though aren't they?

What you say, they didn't add any content via these DLC's? Once again where are you getting you information from? If it is some private investigator then he really needs to be sacked... If it's you (and in all probability it is) then please refrain from stating falsehoods on these forums, it really doesn't put you in a good light. And 1 last thing in this paragraph, BIS have stated that when the campaign gets released more content will get released as well. They have also said 2 CAS planes will come as free DLC.

Yes, 2 years of development was scrapped because of various reasons, it has been pretty well documented what those reasons were. So, your point is?