Sign in to follow this  
rehtus777

"Thank You" Card for Bohemia Interactive ArmA 3 Team (sign up and thank them)

"Yo, G. Did you leave a vacuum cleaner on? I just heard a loud sucking noise."

Thank you so much for cutting the campaign from release and then having not one delay before getting it, but 3. Thank you so much for leaving it till barely a month before release before telling us. Thank you so much for using it as an opportunity to also remove a bunch of weapons and units. Thank you so much for producing the least amount of content seen in an Arma game ever. Thank you so much for half the vehicles being copy & pasted units. Thank you so much for leaving the implementation of such basic infantry combat fundamentals such as suppression and wounding to the consumers. Thank you so much for buildings that are the same barren, fps-sucking repetitive shells we saw in Arma 1.

Glad thats 1 less we gotta worry about.

Signed.

Plainly put, I have never experienced nearly the immersion, atmosphere and plain old entertainment value from pretty much any other piece of entertainmenty software than I have from the opflash/ Arma series.

It definitely feels so different to A2, in all the right ways. Things are missing or different, but for all its faults I really feel that A3 is a very decent evolution from A2 - performance being on par and better than A2 is nothing short of astounding and the aesthetic is definitely hitting all the right notes.

Was sitting last night running through battles on Altis in various places.

The sense of scale is a raw, tangible thing.

Huddled behind a stone wall on the plains with blue foggy mountains in the distance, seeing the dust kick up around me - tracers flowing overhead in luminous streams and trails of smoke draping the battlefield in colourful windswept tendrils, I just felt myself thinking about how wonderfully it all comes together in this iteration.

In a bamboo thicket the hushed voices of a squad stealthily creeping about, tense moments of staring a few feet in front of you through the dense foilage, clearing the brush and staring out at the small hamlet ahead...followed by a loud thump as the grounds spews up a few paces away, and chaos envelops.

This is the good stuff.

Bravo boys.

For all the detractors. I understand that things were said and promises not kept. Such is life. The complexity of this project is vast and multifaceted. Manpower, energy and sanity unfortunately finite. Perspective is needed - tell me, what does nearly this? Show me an experience with this kind of fidelity for such few monies that achieves nearly as much nearly as well and I'll give you a cookie.

Signed with aplomb, dusty pixelbloody hands and a veterans 1000 pixel stare

Signed. Great work by BI on A3, I like how the game is shaping out. Altis definitely kicks the whole game up a notch. Sure I'm disappointed that A3 doesn't come with all things out of the box, but that will probably come with mods (great mods out already) and dlc's over time, and most importantly, it's FUN to play.

This is gonna be a classic! You can smell it... Awesome to be part of the Alpha and watch the game grow and evolve, I never been involved with a alpha/beta before so what a great way to see it all in progress... I'm sure with the talent around on these forums that everyones gameplay taste will be catered for eventually, well maybe bar one or two lol.

Rock on BI, signed

Signed but... the best way to show appreciation is buy another copy direct from BI or get friends and family to buy it even if they don't know what they are buying.

Signed - For 12 years of addictive entertainment. Please keep it up, please keep delivering.

Excuse off-topic but thanks also to this amazing community and the content it releases

Doubly signed (by my 9 year old daughter) to whom I woke this morning to see her spawn an offroad and busily motoring around the roads of Altis ! Now I just have to train her to fire the weapons correctly ;)

Signed, i'm glad that BIS is sticking to this genre, although i'm a bit disappointed with Arma 3. It's beautiful, Altis is a masterpiece but... i counted for more technical changes(better simulation of tank, heli, jet system and WIND!!!!).

Signed. So many hours of fun and the game isn't even released, it's ridiculous!

And we are going to get only improvements by the devs.

I'm most pleased with this game already, and have been from the very beginning of the alpha.

I can't remember any other game to be able to astonish me as often as Arma3 has, I constantly find myself thinking "Man, that's some sweet stuff right there!" and now when roaming around in Altis that feeling is only stronger.

Looking forward to see what goodies time will bring, of course there is always room for improvement and I'm confident things will only get better, outstanding job BIS!

Signed.