Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

JSRS2.0 WIP Thread

What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?  

305 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer? Stereo or 5.1 audio systems?

• Stereo (or Headphones)
    • 5.1 Audio System
    • Stereo due to TeamSpeak/ACRE

Good job buddy, every little helps even if it meant a 2.5 version

Glad to heard good processing

BTW Can you take care of his addon sound

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21139

because it's sound gernade blow up rather then flash bang :(

and seems like mi - 48's 40mm cannons makes performance down

not sure it is because the mission but as i test in editor it's sounds properly but make lag when being shot nearly

Having a bit of trouble installing this, I unrarred each update file, in order, into a @JSRS folder but nothing seems to have changed, should I be running each one individually for example @JSRS; @JSRSUPDATE1?

Having a bit of trouble installing this, I unrarred each update file, in order, into a @JSRS folder but nothing seems to have changed, should I be running each one individually for example @JSRS; @JSRSUPDATE1?

No, just @JSRS you should have the six updates inside it. Be sure they are in the correct order in the expansion configuration.

In this order:

.001a

.001b

Hope this helps

Gotta talk about that with my scripter... I'm not sure if its working but I'm willing to atleast try it ;)

The inside raining sounds should be easy but I'm not sure. We'll check on that.

LJ

The inside stuff should work but you'd probably need a few samples otherwise it might sound weird having heavy downfall on the roof when it's barely raining outside or vice versa...

As for replacing walking sounds?? There isn't any real easy way of doing that it'd need a serious hacky solution (like checking the players current animation.. their velocity... etc).

Not impossible, annoying hacky and maybe performance intensive, maybe. But that's just my 2 cents.

LJ can you configure the 3D voice feature at all?

for example if your in a 3 man squad...

and soldier A and B were in close proximity

C was a distance away

technically A and B should be using the 3D voice not radio and C should hear the commands over radio.

I made a thread about this anyway so I thought id ask mr sound guy :P

let me know what you think?

I do also think maybe it should be a bit louder too!

My friend Phil was playing a mission with our latest version and since I'm swamped with work lately he was so kind to upload it:

LJ

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

LJ can you configure the 3D voice feature at all?

for example if your in a 3 man squad...

and soldier A and B were in close proximity

C was a distance away

technically A and B should be using the 3D voice not radio and C should hear the commands over radio.

I made a thread about this anyway so I thought id ask mr sound guy :P

let me know what you think?

I do also think maybe it should be a bit louder too!

Actually I think this is already ingame. The thing is you hear both, radio and positional vocals. The further you move away from the speaking person the more Radio you hear, the closer you get the more vocal you hear but with the radio in background still. This is quiet realistic and works fine for me.

LJ

In my experience, radio will kind of overwrite the local speed (might be to the fact, that it is just much louder).

On the other side i you speak in a channel, the player next of you has no access to (command channel for example), then he will the chatter in 3d voice.

EDIT:

By the way, nice video. Have i catched a time delay to explosion sounds dependant on distance?

Edited by Predator.v2

By the way, nice video. Have i catched a time delay to explosion sounds dependant on distance?

I think this feature was always present (also A2 i mean)..

Anyways..This video was better than nothing but..i would like to see a video concentrated on "specific" features..or at least the

Full mod version to explore it myself :)

I noticed one thing in that video which bothers me - when AT hit the "tank" there was no explosion sound - even delayed one. I was waiting for JSRS2 just for the explosions and now it seems we have to stick with BI puff booms. Any comments on this?

My bad - watching video 3rd time I noticed the explosions but it was so week that you can barely notice them over the gunshots. IMHO an explosion 200m away should be louder than any gunshots...

Edited by nsnipe

There are indeed explosions. Don't start worrying, thinking JSRS 2.5 will only have rifles and forgot everything else. JSRS has and always will cover everything--Boom-boom's included. ;) As far as the video is concerned, it was merely a quick recording and nothing official. Our studio will probably put together an official video once everything is finalized and time allows. Until then, you'll have to just wait on any release right now as things are still being internally tested on our JSRS Studios server that Phil was so kindly enough to put together for the team.

I don't think this was answered earlier, but it may have and I've lost track, so I apologize...

Will JSRS2 include sounds for other-than-vanilla weapons? For example, will it also have sounds for PKMs/M4/249/etc? I'm guessing yes, since LJH has helped several mainstream weapon makers out with their sounds, but I can't remember if this was directly mentioned before. Presumably those weapon makers would need to re-config their packs, correct?

Regardless, looking forward to the release.

Awesome effects for these tanks trully awesome ! i hope that 35mm of those anti-aircraft tank comes with a good sound... that really need some nice and powerfull shoot sound :D

How much time left until 2.0 final ? thanks !

Awesome effects for these tanks trully awesome ! i hope that 35mm of those anti-aircraft tank comes with a good sound... that really need some nice and powerfull shoot sound :D

How much time left until 2.0 final ? thanks !

Asking will not make the progress faster..

LJ you have a message on Steam

I have upload a new Video with our latest Team version ;)

....... stopped watching after a few seconds...

Any versions of this video WITHOUT, that strange noise in the background drowning out most of the sounds... is that "music"? Really cant hear everything. Thanks anyways, Good to know its in "Closed test" stage!

I have to ask: When will the supressors be adjusted?

And the helicopter/jet canons?

Also I have some issues with the PDWs. The standard weapon of the blufor pilots sounds just a little bit underwealming.

The Independant equivalent on the other hand sounds really nice.

Both however suffer from a very strange handling of the burst fire mode. This mode sounds just wrong.

Also the HE shells from the APCs sound really strange while exploding.

Thats the feedback for now.

Great work!

Greetz!

Also the HE shells from the APCs sound really strange while exploding.

Greetz!

I believe you are talking "They sound strange -when you are at the receiving end don't you??"..

In that case..it always sounded very weird to me also (for a long time)

Having single HE shots from APC's (and attack Heli's) it sounds like you receiving fire from a "full auto" A-10's gatling gun.

Please check it LJ

Have someone to shoot at you with an APC or Attack Heli's cannon with HE..and you 'll see what i m talking about

Yes I am talking about the explosions itself. Not the sound of the canon. The canon sound is fine right now.

But the explosions sound like thunder strikes whereas the ammunition explodes only in one explosion. The sound rather fits for several small explosions in a row.

Its hard to find HE shell explosions from IFVs but what I found sounded very differently.

The He explosions should sound like a single blast and not like several small exlposions.

Its rather a small handgrenade than a small cluster bomb.

Greetz

The (receiving end) sound should be like a *mini-grenade sound but at least 2 tones up-pitched-minus ~70% amount of bass freqs and reverb-like effect imo

Edited by GiorgyGR

someone find a clip of an explosion going off near someone and you will see... but good luck finding one though lol

someone find a clip of an explosion going off near someone and you will see... But good luck finding one though lol

rrooffll

Yes its 40 mm - so its bigger but it gives us an idea about how the explosions should kinda sound.

Edited by NordKindchen