Sign in to follow this  
Pomi Git

PG Services - Private Military Company

Im not completely sure what you are getting at. If you mean under Independent you see "AAF" listed and then "PMC (PG Services)" as a separate faction then yes this is correct and completely intended. You wouldn't do it any other way. If you mean something else then you will need to explain more :)

Regular unit placement works fine, but in the group tool there's now two independent side options in the drop down. So I have two "Independent" sides with one entry each (one has AAF, the other PG) while I expect them to be combined. It's just a small UI issue I'm not sure you can do anything about.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v678/L3TUC3/Arma%203/arma32013-07-2322-51-45-60_zpscd225923.jpg

In the picture linked it shows what I'm talking about. There's actually three independent options with one faction entry each since I have another independent faction addon installed.

Congrats on making it to the official sitrep! :) Considering the quality of the mod and the website you have created, it is well deserved!

Thanks guys for the compliments.

L3TUC3 - good pick up, i think i know what causes that, I'll look into what I can do.

asuseroako - hey pretty cool eh, I couldn't believe it when I saw that, its featured in the community focus too :o

GvsE - thanks mate, I'm not sure it's deserved over some of the other quality mods but still, its safe to say I'm not complaining :)

I love these units! First unit mod I downloaded for Arma 3. It was worth it! Great attention to detail my friend! I love the PMC Little-bird design as well. Oh and congrats on making the official sit-rep! You saved BIS from doing some of the work..for now lol. I wonder if they will ever make an official PMC DLC like Arma 2. Cant wait to see an update if you have one in store for us?! Maybe a cool sample mission to show off some cool scenarios for the PMC.

I rarely download unit mods as well unless they are heavily used in conjunction with some island mods. But these are just great and already thinking of using them for a mission concept I have.

Hi pomi

After using the mod several times, some "issues" have appeared.

The defense marksman is really really light in ammo and if i planned something longer than kill 10 or 20 bearded, the marksman have to change is weapon really quick. EBR is indeed here for long range shooting, but he haven't the power of a M320, neither his precision.

So it could be good to add 5 or 6 mag to is inventory.

About that, what about adding a Sniper in a future update ? Infact, I really miss for a badass pomi_pmc sniper ^^

Then, the team coordinator, I don't if it's because of the new update or what, but unlike the marksman, He is well ammo'ed, but with spawn-preset where he appears with the NATO styled vest, the said vest is not has not enough space. This result a simple thing, if i make the unit spawn on the ground, he is full but i guess nothing is missing (no gps but this could be normal)

but if i make the unit spawn in a vehicle with the moveincargo command, the team coord' doesn't have the radio, really annoying when we play with acre.

(the preset with the plated AAF vest seems ok)

The last thing. When units spawn they all have the same glasses, added like other stuff, could you remove this? and make us able to have our own glasses and stuff from the profile ?

Have a good

You know... ToH has a SUV in it, if you got permission maybe you could update it with HD textures, other than that it drives pretty darn well. Just a suggestion, nice work man.

Hi there, great job on the addon, a very nice addition to this already amazing game! I particularly like the random gear spawn, which adds a nice diversity. As Keewa mentioned, the Marksman has low ammo, this may also be due to the constant firing in full auto as opposed to semi, though this is probably an AI thing on Bohemia side (that said, I am not familiar with modding and such as I noticed the enemy[or AI squad mates when given] firing the Zafir 7.62mm LMG on semi...)

Thanks Keewa, some really good feedback here. Below are my responses

The defense marksman is really really light in ammo

Agree, ill be releasing a patch shortly to fix this along with a few other bug fixes

About that, what about adding a Sniper in a future update ?

Its definitely something I will look at in the future, once a smaller calibre sniper rifle is added

Then, the team coordinator, I don't if it's because of the new update or what, but unlike the marksman, He is well ammo'ed, but with spawn-preset where he appears with the NATO styled vest, the said vest is not has not enough space.

Your wording here is quite hard to follow, regarding vest capacity, In the next patch release I will be updating all vest capacity to be in line with how BI updated it recently, hopefully this should resolve any issues of missing magazines.

if i make the unit spawn on the ground, he is full but i guess nothing is missing (no gps but this could be normal)

The units do not have GPS by default, same as all BI vanilla units

but if i make the unit spawn in a vehicle with the moveincargo command, the team coord' doesn't have the radio, really annoying when we play with acre.

Im not sure about this one. I tried to replicate and it was fine for me. Does it happen every time. Has anyone else had this?

The last thing. When units spawn they all have the same glasses, added like other stuff, could you remove this? and make us able to have our own glasses and stuff from the profile ?

By default I have set up the units to all use the black shades. This aligns with how I want the units to look. However I do agree that your profile selection should override this. After some testing I believe there needs to be some flexibility in how this works. I have created an issue for this on the feedback tracker here. Feel free to vote it up if you agree

---------- Post added at 21:08 ---------- Previous post was at 20:58 ----------

You know... ToH has a SUV in it, if you got permission maybe you could update it with HD textures, other than that it drives pretty darn well. Just a suggestion, nice work man.

If by ToH you mean Take On Helicopters, this is a completely separate game so there is no way anyone would get permission to modify the content of that game and use it in ARMA 3

Edited by pomigit
updated description of feedback tracker item to reflect updated ticket

Nice, I voted the tracker.

About the team coordinator, what I said was : one of the vest of his preset has not enough space, and in some case, some equipment could be missing. But If you modify vest space etc... the issue should solve itself.

(sorry, it's quite difficult to explain for me ^^, i'm not native english speaker as you can guess)

Nice, I voted the tracker.

About the team coordinator, what I said was : one of the vest of his preset has not enough space, and in some case, some equipment could be missing. But If you modify vest space etc... the issue should solve itself.

(sorry, it's quite difficult to explain for me ^^, i'm not native english speaker as you can guess)

All good, I think I got the gist of it :)

I have a really low number of mods in A3 until it hits final,but PG is a must-have.Hope you won't give up on them and continue to pimp them up even more.

Oh and black MXs are looking great.Never liked that toy tan color on guns be it Scar,ACR or fictional rifles.

Edited by Krycek

Thanks guys for the compliments.

L3TUC3 - good pick up, i think i know what causes that, I'll look into what I can do.

I'm glad you found out what was wrong. Just one of those small things that nag at me because you can't tell which selection had the faction/groups I wanted to place without selecting one first.

Also, have you noticed the new faction icons in the drop down lists in the editor? They have an appropriate flag or symbol in front of their name (e.g. Nato has nato flag). Might be worth it to insert yours by your pmc entry if you can figure out where it's called from.

Edited by L3TUC3

sooo awesome.. great photos

I'm glad you found out what was wrong. Just one of those small things that nag at me because you can't tell which selection had the faction/groups I wanted to place without selecting one first.

You and me both, it's all the little things that add up to make it a better experience

Also, have you noticed the new faction icons in the drop down lists in the editor?

Yes I did and it will be in the patch

very nice units, PMC 2.0. New we need someone to redo PMC campaign on arma 3 engine :p

Hey, mate, great addon. Just in case, there's Occupation: PG Services with your units.

Only problem I've encountered so far: pre-filled backpacks vs. revive/respawn.

For example:

1) Player packs his gear and, let's say, Medic's Backpack (with pre-loaded 1 medkit and 10 FAKs)

2) Script saves his loadout as backpack_name + 1 medkit + 10 FAKs

3) Player respawns with the gear, script got it loaded: pre-filled backpack + 1 medkit + 10 FAKs...

resulting in 2 Medkits and 20 FAKs and multiplying on each respawn.

So, can you please make separate classname for empty backpacks and, maybe, make light engineer/medic classes (without backpack or with empty ones).

Hey, mate, great addon. Just in case, there's Occupation: PG Services with your units.

For example:

1) Player packs his gear and, let's say, Medic's Backpack (with pre-loaded 1 medkit and 10 FAKs)

3) Player respawns with the gear, script got it loaded: pre-filled backpack + 1 medkit + 10 FAKs...

So, can you please make separate classname for empty backpacks and, maybe, make light engineer/medic classes (without backpack or with empty ones).

Shouldn't any revive/respawn system first clear out any gear etc?

For example:

The Medic Backpack automatically comes filled with a medkit and 10 FAKs. So, before you add your stuff to the pack put:

clearweaponcargo (unitBackpack this);

clearmagazinecargo (unitBackpack this);

clearitemcargo (unitBackpack this);

(obviously, replace "this" with whatever variable refers to the player)

The Medic Backpack automatically comes filled with a medkit and 10 FAKs. So, before you add your stuff to the pack put:

clearweaponcargo (unitBackpack this);

clearmagazinecargo (unitBackpack this);

clearitemcargo (unitBackpack this);

(obviously, replace "this" with whatever variable refers to the player)

Would be great to get an empty version of the black kitbag, VAS loads it with the medical supplies.