Sign in to follow this  
Pomi Git

PG Services - Private Military Company

I've added quite a lot of PG uniforms,ballistic vests,helmets and hats to a single crate and it didn't popped any error.

Though I haven't added all of them,only the ones I liked the most so I can't say if one of the uniforms in the mod is problem.

I get the error with any vest or uniform. Its looking for a texture that does not exist. Im not at home right now so I cant tell you the specific error but It basically looks like the normal texture reference but with an "x" in the name e.g "V_PlateCarrier1_PMC_rgr" comes up as "V_PlateCarrier1_PMC_x_rgr". Despite the error, the item shows in the crate, minus an icon, but you cant equip it :confused:

Also I'm doing this as a predefined ammo crate via a config not as a script within a mission. The script posted by Keewa (page 4) works fine.

I found if I add default A3 uniforms and vests they work fine but my custom ones don't. Perhaps its a bug?

I'm not sure if it is related, but I have had problems with the PMC uniforms in MP. I was running a script on the server to assign random PMC uniforms to dozens of units (SFP rebels). It worked fine for the host, but consistently crashed the client. In testing on a single squad, we found that the host could see everything fine, but the client did not see the changes (sometimes naked units, sometimes just the default clothing). This only occurred with uniforms. Vests and packs seemed to be OK (as well as the 3rd-party headgear).

At the time I assumed it was a bug with the addUniform command.

I'm not sure if it is related, but I have had problems with the PMC uniforms in MP. I was running a script on the server to assign random PMC uniforms to dozens of units (SFP rebels). It worked fine for the host, but consistently crashed the client. In testing on a single squad, we found that the host could see everything fine, but the client did not see the changes (sometimes naked units, sometimes just the default clothing). This only occurred with uniforms. Vests and packs seemed to be OK (as well as the 3rd-party headgear).

At the time I assumed it was a bug with the addUniform command.

That's an interesting one. I tested MP compatibility of my own random gear script with a friend and no such issues occurred. I'm assuming you are just using the gear from my mod and not the units themselves?

Sorry Pomigit, with further testing, it seems that it was trying to add a non-existing backpack classname that was causing the crash (though some units were still turning up naked in the earlier test). Removing any backpack related code resulted in no errors. Apologies for the false alarm.

Love the units by the way, with balaclavas and shemaghs they make great insurgents.

Sorry Pomigit, with further testing, it seems that it was trying to add a non-existing backpack classname that was causing the crash (though some units were still turning up naked in the earlier test). Removing any backpack related code resulted in no errors. Apologies for the false alarm.

No worries. Thanks for the update. I'm relieved it's not my mod causing the problem :)

Love the units by the way, with balaclavas and shemaghs they make great insurgents.

Well its not what I intended them to be but cool non the less. Glad you got use out of them

Pomigit, I'm playing in the dev branch version of the game, and since today's update ( which includes country flags patch ), the PMCs from your mod wear the US flag ( which is totally legit, but somehow weird for a PMC xD ).

Pomigit, I'm playing in the dev branch version of the game, and since today's update ( which includes country flags patch ), the PMCs from your mod wear the US flag ( which is totally legit, but somehow weird for a PMC xD ).

Yeah i noticed that too. Well it means the flag patch is using a different texture and hopefully its got its own hiddenselection camo. Will look into it.

For blufor clothing1 I edited the _as,_smdi and .rvmat files and used hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"rvmatPath.rvmat"}; in the config.

For blufor clothing1 I edited the _as,_smdi and .rvmat files and used hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"rvmatPath.rvmat"}; in the config.

Ah cheers mate. Yeah I can its all embedded. Bugger, if you replaced with a blank flag do you mind sending me your files?

The downside of using hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] is that it breaks the wound textures, its a known issue.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-Development-branch-discussion&p=2477085&viewfull=1#post2477085

Why isnt that surprising. So hiddenselectionsmaterials is a new feature right? I wasnt aware of it before. That will mean I can get rid of some of the edited models. Excellent. Now they just need to add hiddenselections to weapons.

Great work pomigit, really dig your mod.

Do you have the class names for the individual units themselves, I can only find class names for their gear in your first post. Thanks.

Why isnt that surprising. So hiddenselectionsmaterials is a new feature right? I wasnt aware of it before. That will mean I can get rid of some of the edited models. Excellent. Now they just need to add hiddenselections to weapons.

How does that even work? Aren't materials just pertaining to RVMats? I've been unable to find anything on the Biki, I´m just asking because some of my own stuff has been bonked (like a set of mexican naval special forces skins I was working on) by the new speculars.

I´m looking forward to seeing if you'll be able to put in adjusted smdi and normal maps without model edits, that'd mean reskinning models whole will be so much easier. Would you be able to document how it works, or do you have a source for this trick documented elsewhere already?

Cheers

Insta

How does that even work? Aren't materials just pertaining to RVMats? I've been unable to find anything on the Biki, I´m just asking because some of my own stuff has been bonked (like a set of mexican naval special forces skins I was working on) by the new speculars.

I´m looking forward to seeing if you'll be able to put in adjusted smdi and normal maps without model edits, that'd mean reskinning models whole will be so much easier. Would you be able to document how it works, or do you have a source for this trick documented elsewhere already?

Cheers

Insta

I havent even looked at this yet. Ive been distracted teaching myself 3d modelling :) Surpher's the man with this kind of thing. If he doesn't respond here maybe ask in the config and scripts section

I wouldn't be surprised if that feature required the new tools as well, most notably binPBO/binarize, which it always boils down to.

P.S.: Best PMC units so far. These guys are great :)

Cheers

Insta

Just add hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] = {"Path_To_Your_Rvmat.rvmat"}; to your config or use the related command. In the rvmat edit what you like, if you want to edit the smdi,as or normal map textures do so then add them to your mod and edit the paths in the rvmat to point to them. At the moment you will lose wound textures and they do not work on every model that has hiddenSelection like the blufor vests for example.

P.S.: Best PMC units so far. These guys are great :)

Cheers mate, much appreciated. Am looking forward to seeing that MP9 being released. Its looking ace :)

Ready for the release Pomi ? =)

I'm waiting until after the launch to finalise the first patch. I'm also planning on expanding the mod with custom content I am working on (sneak peak in my avatar). More on that later

Any PMC-Ghillie style scheduled ?

Show me a picture of a Private Military Contractor wearing a Ghillie suit and ill consider it ;)

Edited by pomigit

TADAAAA

5968558393_6309cde4d8.jpg

Well, ok, maybe it's time to innovate with something unexpected =)

Awesome pomigit,I'm a sucker for balaclavas.This pack is already must-have for me.

TADAAAA

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6128/5968558393_6309cde4d8.jpg

Well, ok, maybe it's time to innovate with something unexpected =)

Oh sweet DMR, how I'll miss you.

@Pomigit, have you considered taking other people onboard to maybe create some new vehicles or so? I'd love to see some technicals or just a new MRAP with an open turret.

TADAAAA

Ha, nice :D

Awesome pomigit,I'm a sucker for balaclavas.This pack is already must-have for me.

The balaclava is not the item to focus on :) That is Kiory's balaclava which is already available.

@Pomigit, have you considered taking other people onboard to maybe create some new vehicles or so? I'd love to see some technicals or just a new MRAP with an open turret.

Absolutely, I did in fact put a call out for experienced 3d modellers to get in touch with me when I released the mod but I've received no interest :(