Sign in to follow this  
Pomi Git

PG Services - Private Military Company

Loved that SUV in ACO and it's a lot more suitable for pmcs than the one in A3 based on X6.I know this might be too much atm but any chance you could consider in the future adding Nato favorite suv(Landcruisers)to PG?

@krycek the chances of me making one from scratch are low but I did look for a free one online and couldn't find any. I was lucky to the find the Suburban SUV. I'll keep an eye open, if anyone finds one let me know.

Below is a picture of a radio earpiece I will be adding in the next release.

http://i.imgur.com/WTWpo4L.jpg

This one I actually made myself from scratch

Edited by pomigit

Np man,like your work on these dudes anyway and can't wait to go vroom-vroom with that Chevy.:D

@krycek the chances of me making one from scratch are low but I did look for a free one online and couldn't find any. I was lucky to the find the Suburban SUV. I'll keep an eye open, if anyone finds one let me know.

Below is a picture of a radio earpiece I will be adding in the next release.

http://i.imgur.com/WTWpo4L.jpg

This one I actually made myself from scratch

Pomigit, your earpiece is so thin, must be more thick and color should be transparent, not white ;-) . Regarding Chevy Suburban, I have something for you, check your inbox :-) .

Pomigit, your earpiece is so thin, must be more thick and color should be transparent, not white ;-) . Regarding Chevy Suburban, I have something for you, check your inbox :-) .

The model is based on the Invisio M3 which is quite thin. But to be honest I did agree and ive thickened it a little. Here is an updated image http://i.imgur.com/vOLsXpZ.jpg

Re the colour again, the real life equivalent is white. Also these are just renders from 3ds max so its not final colour representation

Edited by pomigit

Found an interesting snippet, apparently the pants on the AAF soldiers are based on a tactical pant designed for a set of PMC BDU's by Emdom.

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/servlet/emdomusa/Detail?no=66

The real life variants are apparently khaki with coyote brown knee reinforcements. There's the rebel with the T-Shirt and the AAF pants, possibly these combinations could be used to balance the combat Uniforms. With the new hiddenselectionsmaterials it's easy to alter the look of the Uniforms too, so you could remove the shiny flag patches on the shoulders of the blufor Uniforms you're using. The new outfits from civvies (beggar) and FIA really open a new world of diversity for these Units, so I am really looking forward to your next updates on these.

Are you also considering replacing the reskins with completely new 3D models at some point?

Are you also considering replacing the reskins with completely new 3D models at some point?

Cheers mate. Yep thats my goal. And for that reason Im not rushing into doing any more retextures. I have seen the begger uniform, i.e t-shirt with cargo pants, its not bad but I noticed a lot of clipping with most vests and leg straps. Im going to focus my energy on learning modelling and eventually fingers crossed my own uniform models

Oh and shinny flags will be gone in the next release, am making use of the hiddenmaterials. Definitely very handy

Edited by pomigit

Get this when i try to play the showcase

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.pomi_pmc_units

:confused:

Get this when i try to play the showcase

:confused:

Are you sure you're running the game with this mod?

Are you sure you're running the game with this mod?

The ability to click on the mission to play wouldn't be there if i wasn't, surely?

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Well after deleting the mod folder and re-installing it..... it works. :confused:

Oh well.

So anyway a quick update on the radio earpiece. Ive made the cord semi transparent as suggested and have it in game. Here's a screenshot

DKQ0Xn6.jpg

Thoughts?

The ability to click on the mission to play wouldn't be there if i wasn't, surely?

Not true, it will still show up.

So anyway a quick update on the radio earpiece. Ive made the cord semi transparent as suggested and have it in game. Here's a screenshot

http://i.imgur.com/DKQ0Xn6.jpg

Thoughts?

Perhaps a bit too transparent? Looks really cool nevertheless, gives the guys a more 'contractor' feel - just waiting for a contract to come through their ear-piece. :)

Yeah im thinking the same. Perhaps also still too thin. Will play around with it

thanks for this, it's now our standard uniform in my clan.

G

Is there an ammo box with all the new clothes and black MX in the editor? I want to check out all the cool clothes but I can't find the ammo box with the new content.

Is there an ammo box with all the new clothes and black MX in the editor? I want to check out all the cool clothes but I can't find the ammo box with the new content.

Hi Enzo, there was some discussion about this earlier in the thread. There is a bug within the game which is stopping mod configured ammo crates containing custom gear from working. Until that is fixed there is no point in me adding to the mod. It is however possible to fill a crate with gear using a script within a mission. This approach works fine. The next update to this mod will include this in the showcase mission.

Trying it under the Dev branch:

Placing PG units under single player I notice that they all share the same uniform. For example if I place three "bodyguard" units they all have the same red, plaid shirt for example.

In this same example they all immediately complain about not having any ammo.

Later I tried the mission, with no other addons besides this one. The MX's that you can pick up have no ammo in them. I had to steal a magazine out of the backpack of one of the other guys.

I'm not a scripter by any means. Is there something special I have to do to get these two things resolved?

If no ammo crate will be available any time soon could someone please post a script to do such a thing?

Many thanks in advance!

Trying it under the Dev branch:

Placing PG units under single player I notice that they all share the same uniform. For example if I place three "bodyguard" units they all have the same red, plaid shirt for example.

In this same example they all immediately complain about not having any ammo.

Later I tried the mission, with no other addons besides this one. The MX's that you can pick up have no ammo in them. I had to steal a magazine out of the backpack of one of the other guys.

I'm not a scripter by any means. Is there something special I have to do to get these two things resolved?

If no ammo crate will be available any time soon could someone please post a script to do such a thing?

Many thanks in advance!

hmm interesting, i'll look into the issue of textures not randomising though im now only using the main branch. Dev branch is experimental and constantly changing so I'll only make changes once it pops up in the main branch. I have seen the "out of ammo" call out for the defensive marksman which appears to be caused by him being equipped with only one magazine for his pistol. In the upcoming release I've balanced this units load out a little better and it seems to stop that.

Re ammo crate script. See here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159271-PG-Services-Private-Military-Company/page4

Scroll down and see Keewa's post, second from the bottom. Note, there will be some class name changes in the next release so you'll need to update this script once its out.

hmm interesting, i'll look into the issue of textures not randomising though im now only using the main branch. Dev branch is experimental and constantly changing so I'll only make changes once it pops up in the main branch. I have seen the "out of ammo" call out for the defensive marksman which appears to be caused by him being equipped with only one magazine for his pistol. In the upcoming release I've balanced this units load out a little better and it seems to stop that.

Re ammo crate script. See here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159271-PG-Services-Private-Military-Company/page4

Scroll down and see Keewa's post, second from the bottom. Note, there will be some class name changes in the next release so you'll need to update this script once its out.

Thanks for the reply pomigit and all your hard work on this. I'm one step closer to having a way to build my "Strike Back" (search youtube if you don't know the show) style small team, CQB infiltrate (usually as civilians) and escape type missions. PMCs are a real part of current day conflict and it's good to see someone trying to bring them to ARMA3! :)

[/color]

Thanks for the reply pomigit and all your hard work on this. I'm one step closer to having a way to build my "Strike Back" (search youtube if you don't know the show) style small team, CQB infiltrate (usually as civilians) and escape type missions. PMCs are a real part of current day conflict and it's good to see someone trying to bring them to ARMA3! :)

Awesome, feel free to post a link in the thread once they're done. Would love to see what missions people are making with this mod. :cool:

Edited by pomigit

There's nothing wrong with the mediafire download link. I just double checked and its working fine. None the less I've updated the front post with the armaholic link.

First patch coming this weekend. Watch this space