ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hi,

Here is the introduction thread, if you're new here and wish to introduce yourself to the community, this is the (only) place to do it. A suitable place for your first post !

Welcome here and read the rules !

• Like 1

Hi,

Here is the introduction thread, if you're new here and wish to introduce yourself to the community, this is the (only) place to do it. A suitable place for your first post !

Welcome here and read the rules !

Wow . . . after 12 long years they finally decided to make an introduction thread. Unbelievable!!!!!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Alright, hello there! I've had a store account for a while but I finally got it made into a store-and-forum account, so I'd like to say hello! I ended up getting introduced to ArmA II through the DayZ mod, so I bought Combined Operations on this store, gave it a try, and thoroughly enjoyed it! Curious about the rest of the series, I ended up picking up Cold War Assault (Which I've been having trouble running due to Out Of Reserved Memory errors, even after installing the ECP mod) and ArmA Gold! I am terrible at all of the ArmA games, and I die more often than not, but I have a bunch of fun regardless!

Just yesterday, I finally caved and bought the ArmA 3 beta on Steam. I'd played the Alpha Lite build a while back but my old card could barely play it on minimum settings, since I've just upgraded my graphics card I figured I'd give it a go again, bit the bullet, and bought the beta. I'm happy to report that it's performing admirably on Standard settings (With a couple of tweaks), and that's good enough for me!

I figured I'd come check out these forums to find some user-created scenarios, and maybe figure out how to make my own sometime, so I hope to get to know you all better soon!

I ended up picking up Cold War Assault (Which I've been having trouble running due to Out Of Reserved Memory errors, even after installing the ECP mod)

Have you tried adding the -nomap parameter to the game's shortcut?

Hello

I lost my old e-mail password so i guess best here i anounce what was Thromp is now Sealife.

Have you tried adding the -nomap parameter to the game's shortcut?

Tried it, but it's fairly temperemental - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Right now it doesn't work. Tried -nomap and -nosplash (and both at the same time) but it doesn't work. It's not too big a deal-breaker for me though, I've been enjoying the later titles in the series just as much, if not more, and it looks like the modding community's already been bringing back the older ArmA islands to the ArmA 3 beta!

Thanks for the offer of help, though :D

Hello I'm Jarred. I'm new to ArmA, and have a few questions to ask before I actually proceed with staying.

• 1) When you purchase any ArmA product, is it a ONE time purchase, or do you have to pay a monthly fee after the initial fee from the client purchase?
    2) Would my current laptop (as my Windows XP2000 desktop is a POS) be compatible to run ArmA? :SPECs: Gateway NV44 Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz (2CPUs), ~2.3GHz,[via DXDiag- Memory: 3072MB RAM, DirX Ver: DirextX11], 3.00GB RAM, 64-bit OS, my Display Adapter- Mobile Intel 4Series Express Chipset Family.

Hello I'm Jarred. I'm new to ArmA, and have a few questions to ask before I actually proceed with staying.

• 1) When you purchase any ArmA product, is it a ONE time purchase, or do you have to pay a monthly fee after the initial fee from the client purchase?
    2) Would my current laptop (as my Windows XP2000 desktop is a POS) be compatible to run ArmA? :SPECs: Gateway NV44 Pentium Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz (2CPUs), ~2.3GHz,[via DXDiag- Memory: 3072MB RAM, DirX Ver: DirextX11], 3.00GB RAM, 64-bit OS, my Display Adapter- Mobile Intel 4Series Express Chipset Family.

Hi,

1) You purchase it once and then own it until the apocalypse or until you grow tired of it. The apocalypse being the more likely of the two ;)

• Haha 1

And...

2) The place to ask is here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147391-Will-my-PC-run-this-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-What-System-Specifications

Hello everyone. I have been playing a variety of PC games and simulations since 2005. I have decided to register and I am very happy to be here.

Greetings from Canada. :)

As the title pretty mutch say's:

I saw my first arma video about 3 years ago, and thought by myself: i got to have that game!.

1 day past, 1 month past, 1 year past, and now 3 years later i finnaly am able to play Arma :D.

Now i am on a quest to find people who are interested into playing this game with me online, i bought the complete package so i am good as to the expansions.

Mods i am considering A.C.E and A.C.R.E (only 2 i know apart from DayZ), but everytime i try to download á version of A.C.E. the website url is down... so yeah that will become an later objective.

If there are any clans that are reading this.

I am 23 years old, a ''mature'' guy as mature as i can be LOL:p, i do not have a mic yet, but getting one within the next 4 weeks.

Thank you Bohemia for making this awesome game, and i cannot wait to see some of you people on the battlefield.

Thanks for reading, and have a very nice day!.

Hello

I lost my old e-mail password so i guess best here i anounce what was Thromp is now Sealife.

Hi Thromp

PM Placebo - he is able to send a PW reset link to a different email address so you can recover your "Thromp" account. I & other had to do this after the recent hack as we had failed to keep our email addresses up-to-date, oops.

Hi guys,

Ive been in the Armaverse for quite some time, but have only managed to figure out how to create a forums account here.:D

Im a young man passionate in music, video games and basketball. Im also into computers systems hardware in general and they're just about the only thing I play around with now amongst all the consoles and gaming devices available, I reckon PC is the best platform. Now regarding Arma, I have been very passionate in the series since I discovered Arma 2 shortly after it was released. However, Ive only realized its full potential with its mod-ability and mission making recently when I started to dig around the editor and unpack .pbo's. Im now intent on creating some addons myself to fill in the gaps of units or objects Ive not found in the armaverse and create some missions with the wild ideas Ive been thinking of recently. Especially on top of my addons to-do list is enhancing the Australian Defense Force presence in Arma 2 and maybe Arma 3. Ive found that even tho there are plenty of addons based around for them, they are still lacking some of their own logistics and support assets like trucks, general purpose vehicles, ships, larger aircraft to independently run something like an expeditionary mission themselves. And on another case, Id like to create a co-op campaign/mission called 'Operation Six Pack', based on NATO and its allies efforts to stabilize an island (PMC 51km Desert map) that has just been through some civil unrest, where insurgency and guerrillas are on the rise. The operation will commence with a large amphibious assault by 6 major NATO nations - thus the Six Pack call-sign - and some other smaller contributors capturing key points to establish a foot hold on the island. I plan to utilize the many modules representing various nations available (OFrP, PedagneMod, etc) and have the Russians as friendly with NATO, thus opposition will have to be on the independent side. These are just two of my many other ideas to create addons/missions for Arma. Of course to complete such enormous goals like these, Id certainly appreciate any assistance from amongst the many passionate modders that share the same interests with me, or even create a modding team that will pump out various addons and missions that we wish to create.

Well thats a bit of about me and goals in the Armaverse, I got a bit too carried away there. ;)

Cheers.

Edited by Modder

Hello everyone! My name is " Script " and I'm an avid Arma 2 fan :) I play many different mods, from Wasteland to Island Life, and am even in a Realism squad (101st Airborne for the win <3). I'm going to be turning 23 on the 8th, and I guess the most interesting thing people find about me is that I'm a girl :P I'm fairly immature for my age, but I know when too far is too far and can be EXTREMELY serious at times (thus realism). Well that's all I've got to say :)

Hello!

My name is Chris and I'm not really new to the franchise. I've been around since Operation Flashpoint, part of a private group of friends playing OFP/ArmA/ArmA2 in cooperative multiplayer. Since most of these friends have trickled away and moved on to other games I'm looking for new people because playing huge complex missions with 2 or 3 people is rather frustrating.

Currently we're only four people, three Germans and one American. Two of our group are professional soldiers and one of them has seen real action.

About myself: I'm 36 years old, professional software developer (serious stuff, no games) and in my free time I enjoy playing ArmA and Flight Simulator X. I've modified ArmA missions, mostly coding, and have become somewhat experienced in ArmA scripting.

As you might have guessed from my choice of games I'm usually best used in helicopters and planes. The Mi-24 has a special place in my heart, it is my preferred helicopter for transporting/supporting/rescuing infantry and you can find me in one whenever the situation permits.

I'm currently creating a recruiting post in the Squads subforum ("ArmA Unshaved") if anyone is interested in participating in our adventures.

Hello

My name is "DeafSoul". THB, I am deaf with secondary English grammar in America Sign Language for the deaf and hard of hearing and lated deafness. My both ear is 95 percent unable to understand when you speak the word of sound. But in the game I can hear loud when bomb and shooter only 5 percent to able to hear but most of killed me a lot. That is ok. I do enjoy playing ArmA 3 and most learning quickly about weapson and terrain and other things. It's a new experience for me to learn wow. I love ArmA 3.

Welcome to the forums and Arma 3 DeafSoul -Hope you enjoy your stay and have great fun with Arma 3 :cool:

^^ what ck-claw said.

Don't worry, everybody who starts playing ArmA gets killed a lot! There's a lot to learn, and because it's a sim rather than another FPS shoot'em'up, it has an AI that can be really deadly. I still get killed a lot and it's the only game I've played in more than 2 years (OK, so I'm crap :) )

Welcome Deafsoul hope you enjoy your stay bud.

Welcome and congrats. Sometimes I think bis should get commission on computer upgrades out of the amount they cause.

Hi, I'm Steven and I'm an Italian guy (not exactly pizza, spaghetti and Berlusconi :P )

Anyway the love with Arma saga started with the first chapter and goes on still now :D

Welcome to the forums, LordSergeij.

Ugh, I can't imagine a worse meal then "pizza, spaghetti and Berlusconi" - though I suppose it would depend how you cooked Sgr B :smiley-evil:

Wassup, been playin' the Arma series for about 3 to 4 years now and finally decided to check out the forums, I also have antlers hence the name "TheMightyMooseKing".