ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hi all,

to be honest I've only joined to ask a question about Take On Helicopters and I can't post a thread yet, can't even PM a mod without a post count of 1 so here it is.

TOH is my first flight SIM game and I'm fascinated with helicopters. I'm spending many hours crashing them in all sorts of unique ways.

Regards,

BB64.

Same here BigBad (but for Arma 3).

Also, i'm a C# Developper trying to make cool stuff around this game, that's why i'm here :)

My name is Peral, I've been modding for a while, mostly for just my clan. I'm going to start releasing my mods to the public. So look for my new mods in the forums soon.

Ive come to the forums because I cannot seem to connect to a server that my friends have rented.

Im unable to post about it currently, so I thought I better come introduce myself.

Im Paul, nice to be here. Hopefully my issue can get fixed soon.

Saying hi to enable links and images;

/BTW it's funny but I'm sure that I had an account in here;

-- wmk

Hey everyone! :) I am interested in modding arma 3. I have done quite some modding of other games a few years back, so I'm not entirely new to modding. I do however have some questions first, to get me started. What do I have to do so these forums will allow me to start a thread?

Edited by Oy of Mid-World

Welcome to the forums - You just have to post a few more posts/replies :cool:

Hi, not got ARMA yet but interested and have a few questions, firstly, how on earth do I start a new thread? Seems to be no option to create new. Am not at all new to forums but maybe I'm having a bad day but can't see the button anywhere?!b :-0

Ignore that, it seems to have appeared now.

Edited by RipGroove

Greetings, been pocking around a bit watching the You tube Vids, reading up on this game and gaming type. Very different from what I have grown used to playing Battlefield on X-Box 360. As I grow wary of that style of gameplay I came across ArmaIII. I have a reletively powerful Desktop PC which I think will handle the game with an OS upgrade. From what i have seen and read I have a ton to learn about this game and it's dynamics. Thanks in advance for any help that may be requested.

I am 55 years young, have 2 grown daughters, 1 grandson, 1 border collie. Youngest daughter currently serving in the USAF, stationed in Germany.

Greetings, been pocking around a bit watching the You tube Vids, reading up on this game and gaming type. Very different from what I have grown used to playing Battlefield on X-Box 360. As I grow wary of that style of gameplay I came across ArmaIII. I have a reletively powerful Desktop PC which I think will handle the game with an OS upgrade. From what i have seen and read I have a ton to learn about this game and it's dynamics. Thanks in advance for any help that may be requested.

I am 55 years young, have 2 grown daughters, 1 grandson, 1 border collie. Youngest daughter currently serving in the USAF, stationed in Germany.

Welcome aboard. ArmA certainly has a learning curve, but with time, you'll get the hang of it. My PC is alright when it comes to ArmA, but I don't play with the settings set to "Ultra" like most try to do. ArmA still looks pretty great even on lower settings.

I would recommend that you purchase the ArmA 3 Tactical Guide and start reading!

I've been lurking around both these forums and the Armaholics forums for a long while (around ARMA 1 times), played OFP (ARMA: CWA) when I was much younger.

Anyway, I'm from Montreal, Canada. I've spent at least 2000+ hours in the ARMA series' editors, almost 250 hours on ARMA 3 (at least half in the editor), and I really want to come out of my shell and use what I've learned from the past 7-8 years in the editors and forums to provide creative entertainment to this community. Hopefully I can offer as much assistance that I can so I can finally post my own problems currently plagued with :p

Also want to throw out a happy holidays to everyone, and stay safe!

Merry Christmas to all new members. Arma: Cold War Crisis (aka Operation Flashpoint) is on the Steam sale now! Fire it up tomorrow (Christmas Day) and See what happens! ;):D

Merry Christmas to all new members. Arma: Cold War Crisis (aka Operation Flashpoint) is on the Steam sale now! Fire it up tomorrow (Christmas Day) and See what happens! ;):D

Then DL the great mods for it...just saying...

Okay hi everyone. I work with Arma series for more than 6 years and finally I have decided to move to big forums. Until now I have been providing help with mission editor on my website, mostly for OFP and Arma 2, but now I feel that I could use some help too, especially with new posibilities in Arma 3. More than playing the game itself I enjoy making videos, tutorials, organize matches and battles, and so on. Hopefully I will get to something big on these forums - my dream is to provide the community with commentated recordings of interesting multiplayer matches on a youtube channel.

Oh, and have a nice day everyone!

Good Evening (or Morning ?),

I'm Tsubame and I just bought this game yesterday, so Good Year everyone ^^

Good Evening (or Morning ?),

I'm Tsubame and I just bought this game yesterday, so Good Year everyone ^^

Good idea, and welcome here :)

Hello everybody! I'm a proud owner of ArmA 3 since last week and didn't regret the purchase so far. I'm mainly playing on competitive servers (like Wasteland) and had a very good time so far :)

(personal note: wow this verification image is pretty ... lame, or it's too late for me to recognize it correctly, when does it disappear? Or stays it forever? *frightened* :p )

I bought this awhile ago, but the learning curve looked soooooooo steep, and life had other things in mind. Went back a couple of weeks ago and just slogged thru the target practice for awhile, then did about half of the showcase events - I'm hooked. I do need some guidance: my first question is how do I get a full variety of tanks and everything else in the editor mode. I wanted to learn more about some of the equipment, but it doesn't seem to all be accessible.

Edited by trackday