ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Hey !

I try to open a new thread in the forum but i can't ...

"You may not post new threads"

I just registered and accepted the forum rules.

I only can reply to threads but can't start new ones.

Any help !?

Thanks !

Hey !

I try to open a new thread in the forum but i can't ...

"You may not post new threads"

I just registered and accepted the forum rules.

I only can reply to threads but can't start new ones.

Any help !?

Thanks !

You'll need a few more posts to be able to post a topic (dunno how many though).

You'll need a few more posts to be able to post a topic (dunno how many though).

Never seen that befor in a forum. Isn't a forum a place where users can get help on their questions ? So first i have to spam

some replies to others threads and then i can start my own threads ... very useful.:confused:

Edit: Ha ! Now it works ... crazy

Edited by LePasi
wow

Never seen that befor in a forum. Isn't a forum a place where users can get help on their questions ? So first i have to spam

some replies to others threads and then i can start my own threads ... very useful.:confused:

Introduce yourself here, that would be a useful post.

Hello, Spedka here.

I'm also here to raise my post count in order to be able to open a new thread where I want to ask a question.

Anyways, hello everyone.

Hello All

Hello @yuppiecrusher, welcome to the mad house..;)

Hallo!

Not much to say, been playing OFP/ArmA for a long time but only now decided to join the forums :)

Hallo!

Not much to say, been playing OFP/ArmA for a long time but only now decided to join the forums :)

Better late than never :)

Welcome to all the new members :)

New here and puzzled why I can't seem to start a new thread, and confused why I don't see it explained in the rules, or the welcome e-mail, or anywhere else. It could be my ever diminishing eyesight though....

New here and puzzled why I can't seem to start a new thread, and confused why I don't see it explained in the rules, or the welcome e-mail, or anywhere else. It could be my ever diminishing eyesight though....

Well in da rules you can read :

Note:

1. New member's posts are auto-moderated, please don't re-post the same message over&over again.

2. New members are required to fill captcha before posting new answers/threads.

3. New members are limited in editing/accessing variety of profile & forum features.

These limitations are removed for regular forum users.

Thanks prof, but that was my point, it doesn't actually say there that new members can't make a new post, and at what point or threshhold they become a "regular" member....?

It says new members have to solve a captcha before making a new thread, but I can't see any option to start a new thread at all, captcha or not...?

At what point can new members make a new thread?

Thanks prof, but that was my point, it doesn't actually say there that new members can't make a new post, and at what point or threshhold they become a "regular" member....?

At what point can new members make a new thread?

Dunno mate, good question.

Ah, I see now from this thread that it is now just me, but every new member who is puzzled by this approach and lack of info. A bit frustrating and confusing for newcomers. Might have been an idea to include a short sentence explaining this to new members in the verification email.

Anyway, by the sounds of it I'll be able to post shortly if I just make a few random posts in pre-exisiting threads.....

Whats good everyone.

I'm new to this game and community, kinda dropped out of PC gaming for awhile but there's nothing else to do when your off duty.

I'm 19 and grew up in Massachusetts, joined the Marine Corps this past June and now just trying to kill time. I have no effing idea what i'm doing while in game so any pointers would be great also.

Ah, I see now from this thread that it is now just me, but every new member who is puzzled by this approach and lack of info. A bit frustrating and confusing for newcomers. Might have been an idea to include a short sentence explaining this to new members in the verification email.

Anyway, by the sounds of it I'll be able to post shortly if I just make a few random posts in pre-exisiting threads.....

Yes, the lack of concrete information about this is a bit frustrating.

Hi all :)

I can´t edit my own profile, can anyone point out the problem causing this?

Hey. Im new to the forum's and general discussion's etc.. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, as to where i could ask specific questions about Arma 2 free version and everything pertaining to that topic. Thanks in advance.