ProfTournesol

The Newcomers' Introduction Thread

Great, you're the first one in this topic who actually read them ;)

ah-ah, so it was a test... well played Prof :D

hi! i'm new to the forum

---------- Post added at 04:57 ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 ----------

Hello, bistudio! :)

welcome, justin!

Hello and welcome to anyone thats new..:)

Hi All

I've been playing the arma series since the good old OFP. Although I've not been involved on the forum so far, I've been following the threads for quite a while now.

I learnt about modelling first on ARMA2, and have been starting doing some retextures and modelling for ARMA3 a few months ago, which I enjoy even more than playing now!

I think its now time for me to share my work with you guys... So you'll probaby hear from me again soon!

See ya on the forum!

@+

Can someone explain to me why I can't post new topics or access my settings because I have no permission?

I'm posting here, because well, I can't make my own damn post. Oh and captchas to post? Irritating and dumb.

Can someone explain to me why I can't post new topics or access my settings because I have no permission?

I'm posting here, because well, I can't make my own damn post. Oh and captchas to post? Irritating and dumb.

Look at the previous posts and you'll get your answer. Welcome here BTW.

You want me to go through 158 posts for the answer?

Come one, previous page and most of the others.

You have to do 5 posts before you can start your own thread..:)

Hey, welcome to any new wargamers around here and remember one thing-

Don't ever go into battle thinking you're going to lose if your opponent is more experienced than you!

Remember, when you lay your sights on a target and pull the trigger, your bullet or armour-piercing shell is going to fly at a zillion feet per second exactly like his, so in that respect you're just as dangerous as him, and you're both absolutely equal..:)

Hello! Been around since OFP and decided to join the forums to discuss gameplay and hopefully get in on modding. I am a blender user so I have been reading threads to get my feet wet with getting models in game. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some work soon.

Hi, my name is Fluit.

I've been here for a while but this is my first post.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't seem te start my own threads nor can I even edit my own profile settings.

For example when I try to edit my "General settings" I get the following message:

Fluit, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
   If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If someone could help we with this, I would be very grateful.

Fluit

Hi, my name is Fluit.

I've been here for a while but this is my first post.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but I can't seem te start my own threads nor can I even edit my own profile settings.

For example when I try to edit my "General settings" I get the following message:

Fluit, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
   If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

If someone could help we with this, I would be very grateful.

Fluit

Hey Fluit,

You need several posts before you can start your own thread, that way the system knows you are not a spam-bot.

5+ posts should do the trick :)

Hey Fluit,

You need several posts before you can start your own thread, that way the system knows you are not a spam-bot.

5+ posts should do the trick :)

Thanks for your reply maionaze.

I thought it would be something like that :)

Still weird that I can't change my settings though.. (Edit: nevermind, it's working now!)

Greetings,

Fluit

Edited by Fluit

hi im new to infractions could someone show me the basics?

Infractions? As in the infraction you get when you brake a forum rule?

yeah those ones i dont want to break any you fuckwit

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

-999 admin rep to you nazi secret police noobz

cant even admin thread

Hello to anyone new and goodbye to anyone not staying long..;)

Hi guys, I'm a programmer from Croatia. Creator of the website http://linux-bible.com. Hobbies include running, swimming and gaming.

Looks like a useful website!

Just a quick introduction to say,

HI to Everybody,

here at the BI Forums.

Is it bad form to introduce yourself with a bit of shameless self-promotion? I hope not.

My name is Tim Stone. I write about simulations and wargames for Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

If you enjoy looking at pictures of simulated planes, trains, and AFVs, and can tolerate occasional bursts of unchecked eccentricity, then The Flare Path (every Friday at 13.00GMT) may please.

Is it bad form to introduce yourself with a bit of shameless self-promotion? I hope not.

My name is Tim Stone. I write about simulations and wargames for Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

If you enjoy looking at pictures of simulated planes, trains, and AFVs, and can tolerate occasional bursts of unchecked eccentricity, then The Flare Path (every Friday at 13.00GMT) may please.

Welcome, welcome to the forums. Please proceed to the security office to receive your subcutenaus monitoring implant and choose from our varied selection of slightly worn, pale blue overalls.

Edited by Maio