Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Bohemia Interactive @ E3 2013 - DISCUSSION

As was mentioned at E3, check dev branch this week and we may well be getting some of that beta content early...

The thing is, I haven't actually seen bleeding in the current Health/injury/medical system and -- admittedly this one is if the "Wasteland Health meter" is accurate -- from what I've seen, the FAKs don't take people to 100% Health.

only "attendant = 1"(Medic) entity which can cure any unit to 100%, else, restricted at 75%.

Veteran difficulty

HealSoldierSelf = 0.2;
HealPartialMedikSelf = 0.5;
HealFullMedikSelf = 0.9;
HealSoldierOther = 0.4;
healPartialMedikOther = 0.7;
healFullMedikOther = 1.0;
HealSpeedMedicMedikit = 0.1;
HealSpeedMedicFAK = 0.08;
HealSpeedMedic = 0.08;
HealSpeedSoldierFAK = 0.04;
HealSpeedSoldier = 0.04;
StabilizeSoldierSelf = 0.0;
StabilizeSoldierOther = 0.0;
StabilizeSoldierWithBandageSelf = 0.5;
StabilizeSoldierWithBandageOther = 1.0;
StabilizeMedicWithBandageSelf = 1.0;
StabilizeMedicWithBandageOther = 1000.0;
StabilizeMedicWithMedikitSelf = 1000.0;
StabilizeMedicWithMedikitOther = 1000.0;

Edited by Zatan13th

In the
video from the E3, Jay mentions (at about 5:50) that every vehicle in Arma 3 has fully modeled interiors.

Well, does that mean tanks too? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately interiors of tanks won't be fully modeled. E3 is really big and hectic event and presenters are under big pressure. We are sorry for this misunderstanding.

Edited by DarkDruid

Unfortunately interiors of tanks won't be fully modeled. E3 is really big and hectic event and presenters are under big pressure. We are sorry for this misunderstanding.

Dead game on arrival, etc. :rolleyes:

But serious: Can they be modeled afterwards by a modder? How hard would it be?

HealSoldierSelf = 0.2;

HealPartialMedikSelf = 0.5;

HealFullMedikSelf = 0.9;

HealSoldierOther = 0.4;

healPartialMedikOther = 0.7;

healFullMedikOther = 1.0

Does it mean that:

Soldier can heal himself with FAK for 20% of full hp

Medic can heal himself with a FAK for 50%

Medic can heal himself with a Medkit for 90%

Soldier can heal others with FAK for 40%

Medic can heal others with a FAK for 70%

Medic can heal others with a Medkit for 100%

???

Dead game on arrival, etc. :rolleyes:

But serious: Can they be modeled afterwards by a modder? How hard would it be?

No need for the dead game on arrival comment, that's just not appropriate.

It wouldn't be hard for any modeller to do it afterwards, im sure you will see plenty of community addons/mods with full modelled interiors if the need is really there.

During the E3, Have they talked about the size of the update of the beta ?

Oh no...

Dead game on arrival

Sky falling much?

im sure you will see plenty of community addons/mods with full modelled interiors if the need is really there.

I'm curious as to why (if its so important) we're not seeing existing community addons with modeled interiors (for A2, etc)

Oh, wait, thats right: because its a shitload of effort for a teeny tiny gain...

No need for the dead game on arrival comment, that's just not appropriate.

It wouldn't be hard for any modeller to do it afterwards, im sure you will see plenty of community addons/mods with full modelled interiors if the need is really there.

I guess I should have put a disclaimer on it "Read with care, think about my comment for the few seconds you should to notice the rolleyes emoticon." It was a sarcastic phrase of the future whining, because the game misses out on something as insignificant as this.

There is no -need-, but it's a very nice thing to have. The core mechanics of this game are beyond solid, they are superb. Now the little things, the polish, determines the overall impression the game leaves.

Superb games are built of small details. Look at GTA IV. A lot of things that are not needed and most people do not even notice them but they happen to affect the gameplay. Things look and work as expected. Tank interiors are expected.

I'm curious as to why (if its so important) we're not seeing existing community addons with modeled interiors (for A2, etc)

Oh, wait, thats right: because its a shitload of effort for a teeny tiny gain...

I do have to agree with you DM that there is no gaming benefit in having a full modelled interior for any Tank or APC. As it does just add loads of extra effort to finish an addon.

But Droikka as you did say they would be nice, and perhaps we might see them. I guess we will have to see in the final game. We did have them in OFP and that was a nice addition.

Edited by R0adki11

Thanks for your answer, no need to be sorry.

I know a day at E3 can be very tedious for developers and I kinda already knew that wasn't what he meant, but I couldn't help asking. ;)

Interiors would have been nice, but of course:

nice to have =/= must have

But Droikka as you did say they would be nice, and perhaps we might see them. I guess we will have to see in the final game. We did have them in OFP and that was a nice addition.

Agreed. While i would have liked some tank interiors as we had in OFP (as i don't like features to be removed, and don't see why only tanks should suffer from having no interiors), i would rather expect (partially) functional interiors, that would really had to immersion and be "a step forward".

I do have to agree with you DM that there is no gaming benefit in having a full modelled interior for any Tank or APC. As it does just add loads of extra effort to finish an addon.

I disagree when it comes to APCs, they should have a modeled interior so that the embarked troops have something to look at. With the new PIP tech we could even have Screens in the crew compartment that show stuff from outside.

A modeled interior for tanks is pretty much useless since you usually only look through the optics

A modeled interior for tanks is pretty much useless since you usually only look through the optics

Yeah but when you are in the commander seat you only can use one viewport? Surely they could change it so we could use all of them? A 2D limited interior (ala Lock On Modern Air Combat cockpit) would still allow you to pan your view. Also if we are to stay stuck into the optic mode for the gunner at least give us an option to lock the turret's position.

Why add a gunners seat complete with PIP monitor to the gunner's station in the Ifrit and Hunter then ?

One word: Immersion. Entering a tank "regularly" though a hatch and getting into an interior is 150% more immersive than "generic get-in gesture followed by a black screen with a circle". I love the new get-in animations on the Little Bird. I hope for much more stuff of that nature.

The only valid argument against tank interiors is the effort to make them. Anything else is trying to justify it.

Just for clarification, I can understand why they aren't in. I just don't agree that they are useless.

Edited by Alwarren

Why add a gunners seat complete with PIP monitor to the gunner's station in the Ifrit and Hunter then ?

Because they are designed to transport troops, they should have interiors.

@Alwarren, of course I would love it if BIS somehow finds a few months more time and does the interiors, sadly that won´t happen. So I´m gratefull that we get them at least for APCs and other transports.

One word: Immersion.

I copy that. The 3D interiors belong to the most exiting features of the ArmA series. As a player I want to part of it, not glued to a black 2D picture from 2001. It's also one of the features a lot of players are looking forward to imho.

The Merkava has troop transport capabilities.

Why is that a deciding factor for whether there are interiors or not ? It's a reason to HAVE an interior, but not being able to transport troops is no reason NOT to have an interior.

Take On Board; The challenging game of cabin luggage. Is your bag too large? Will your concealed IED make it through security or will you have to shoot it out? Can you get a snake on board?

Very close: the entire BI team lost their luggage flying back to Prague - luckily it was returned today :cool:

After searching 2 year old threads, can some on point me in the right direction on how to make the moving pop up targets.

The Firing Drills use entirely scripted moving targets. The eventual goal is for these drills to be very modular and for it to be possible to design them entirely visually in editor (not for Beta). This is also needed to allow publishing to Workshop in-game. Part of this will hopefully be some easy functions / modules to control scripted movement.

Agh, I wish there was more 3D scope footage. I'm quite excited about them.

with any luck that feature will slip into one of the dev branch updates soon enough.