kenoxite

WW4 Extended - Unofficial expansion for WW4 2.5

WW4 Extended updated to v1.0!

More info and download links on the first post.

I will post something more meaty later today.

Was support for BAS helicopters dropped, or incorporated into other pbo? Was MCAR v94 used?

Was support for BAS helicopters dropped

Yes it is - EXT now have it's own LittleBirds. Classnames are the same, though. I don't know however, what's with SOAR Blackhawks (AFAIK they're now replaced by regular UH-60s).

It's gonna be so great working in the mission editor with all these excellent new vehicles and functions, not to mention all the extra objects and structures.

CAT Afghanistan is a very ideal island for the desert missions, and all the similar versions of it.

@JdB: Thanks for the mirrors!

BAS helos: Support for those vehicles has indeed been dropped, as I mentioned already previously in this thread (second to last paragraph, last sentence). The only reason those helos were supported was because they had better looking models than vanilla OFP. The rest of the features I personally didn't care about, although I included support to them as I knew some of you would ask about them. Now that there's an A1 port of a black hawk they aren't needed any more. The same will happen if there's ever a public domain version of the Mi-2 or permissions are granted to use the current ones.

With that said, I should have placed some class "redirects" for the old BAS classes, so users can open and edit missions using them without having to resort to a text editor. That was an oversight, and one of the few exceptions where I didn't provide backward compatibility. But, well, they weren't part of main EXT after all.

MCAR: It uses the latest MCAR version (0.9.4), although a modified one. There's a couple new lines I needed to add for MCAR to work properly with EXT's shtora and aircraft countermeasures scripts.

---

About version 1.0

This new release has been the most complex and feature packed of all EXT's history, so further patches are to be expected. Those patches should only fix minor things, mostly related to visual and aesthetic aspects. No major bug has slipped in v1 that I'm aware of.

The last weeks and, particularly, days, have been quite crazy. The fact that there was a triple release on the same day (main EXT, Cold War and Arctic) hasn't helped easing things up. One of the aspects affected by this is the changelog, which isn't particularly up to date and might actually include outdated information (deprecated features, etc). This is mostly due to the change in workflow with the introduction of krzy in the development process from the last couple months on, where I dindn't keep track of the changelog on a single text file anymore. For the curious, this is the whole changelog as it happened: http://pastebin.com/62tYiETM (warning: I've made no effort to edit that thing).

This version should be the final big one for this project. There won't be any more major additions or changes. Further updates will be focused on bug fixing, as mentioned already. The only exception to this would be finally adding the USMC Huey, which is a vehicle I've been longing for since the start of this project, and maybe another ArmA port.

As you might have noticed already, all the Cold War era units and vehicles (BDU, KLMK, jeeps, etc) have been moved from main EXT to the Cold War module to reduce bloat and keep consistence. Now main EXT is closer to my original intention with this whole project, which was centered mainly on USMC vs Middle East insurgents. The separation also allows the CW extension to grow on its own as seen fit, without forcing an update to main EXT.

Finally, a public thanks to krzychuzokecia, who has helped cut development time quite considerably.

sxHNZFG.jpg

Semper Fidelis (SeF mod) had a CH53 that could sling load their lighter humvees and lavs. Could ask if they'd be willing to allow incorporation into WW4Ext..

I really don't want to add any further units to main EXT other than the stated, and they'll be exclusively ArmA ports. For all intents and purposes, main EXT (including vehicles) is feature locked.

If you really want that vehicle to be compatible with EXT you could create a new config for it. One of the goals of the whole restructuralization of the configs was to make it easier to anyone to both edit and add new units on their own. Check the ww4ext_veh_cfg.pbo for reference.

The creation of new units or features for EXT are both allowed and encouraged, as long as they are released as standalone.

As I did with v0.8, I should release the MLODs and textures for all v1.0 models, excluding those by 3rd party authors that aren't explicitly public domain. I think this also excludes the ported BIS models and textures. Can someone confirm?

Hi. WW4 Extended v1.0 only for game version 1.99? Because, in the version 1.96 the game does not start with this modification. This is also said to many of my friends.

You quite likely have overwritten the previous EXT version with the new one. This won't work, as v1 requires a clean installation.

You must delete the previous EXT folders you have in your hard drive. Alternatively, install v1 in a different folder and launch it using that one.

Other than that, there shouldn't be any conflict with OFP v1.96 other than a couple scripts using setPosASL. Unless BIS changed something about how the #include and #define works in 1.99 without telling us about it. v1 makes extensive use of those two in all configs.

@SappeR:

Issue confirmed, is being worked on.

Noticed you guys are working on bipods

So, in before anybody else will ask about those #bipods, here is my official answer.

Post dates guys, post dates! :)

Edited by krzychuzokecia
SappeR's right!

That surely wasn't planned.

Of course it wasn't planned... of course...

Hcw3kk7.jpg

You must delete the previous EXT folders you have in your hard drive.

Yes I did it.

@SappeR:

You're right! Game refuses to start with EXT 1.0. I'll do some experimentations to find out what's happening. That surely wasn't planned.

I hope to fix this. 1.96 is the basic version of the game, which is the majority of players.

I hope to fix this. 1.96 is the basic version of the game, which is the majority of players.

To get things straight: as we have no idea what causes this issue, we are not able to guarantee that this will ever be fixed. Also it's worth noting that users of OFP: CWC/RES/GOTY are eligible for free update to A:CWA. Thus, they can easily "fix" this issue themselves, until proper solution is not available.

I'm sure, no one will do it for the sake sole modification that has not been optimized for their version...

That's a pity.The new commands/Eventhandlers are fairly useful.SetPosAsl/GetPosAsl is more accurate than the older equivalent.The animation EHs are a handy way of triggering "single run" scripts without using a looping version to monitor. :)

I'm sure, no one will do it for the sake sole modification that has not been optimized for their version...

And I agree on that, so I personally don't expect anybody to do so.

We are as surprised and annoyed about this issue as you all probably are. We will keep looking into this but, for the time being, v1.0 of WW4 Extended and the rest of related addons are only A:CWA v1.99 compatible. I updated the first posts a couple hours ago to reflect this.

Also, it'd be good if players using CWA report if they have any problem with v1.0. Just to be 100% sure it's a problem with the outdated engine and not a problem with EXT proper.

Edited by kenoxite

So, in before anybody else will ask about those #bipods, here is my official answer.

Post dates guys, post dates! :)

Nice joke, but I think bipods are pretty doable in OFP. The bipod weapons could be simply static turrets triggered by an event handler/script. Not that I think they are really needed though. :p

Patch v1.0.1 released!

More info and download links on the first post.

Changelog:

v1.0.1
Vehicles
NEW: Harrier and Harrier LGB ported from A1 (uses sfc.itzhak's cockpit and scripts). ww4ext_harrier.pbo no longer needed
FIX: Fixed dshk not turning in lower LODs of Toyotas
CHANGE: Added legacy classes for BAS helos

Weapons
FIX: Fixed dshk in vehicles like the Toyotas not being able to engage infantry.
CHANGE: Revised engagement distances and dispersion values of all vehicle HMGs.
CHANGE: Revised ROF and engagement distances of all infantry LMGs.
CHANGE: ZU-23 now able to engage planes again

Other
NEW: Dozens of new flags available. See related pdf file for a list
NEW: Wooden ramps and walkways
FIX: Ladders of scaffolding 4F now usable
CHANGE: Some of the available objects can now be walked over

The ported harrier: https://imgur.com/a/KvdRa

You can safely delete the ww4ext_harrier.pbo file found in WW4_EXT_VEH after applying this patch.

Edited by kenoxite

Excellent. There is something I'd like to mention, if you're not aware.

The AI gunner of a humvee TOW launcher won't fire unless the driver is out, if target and fire commands are given through the command menu.

Edited by barccy
correction, specification

The AI gunner of a humvee TOW launcher won't fire unless the driver is out, if target and fire commands are given through the command menu.

You can issue the fire order through your "Fire" key (left ctrl and left mouse btn by default) to work around this.

About the targetting, it's mostly fully automated. Even if the AI isn't deliberately aiming at a target, the missile itself will if the target is inside it's tracking radius. And even if you target something far away but there's another target closer to the vehicle, the missile will chose the closest.

For those unaware, in OFP/CWA only infantry and armor can shoot missiles. To create a vehicle such as a TOW HMMWV (a car that shoots missiles) you must manage the whole firing and guidance process through scripting. In this case, EXT uses the MCAR engine. As with anything scripting related, that engine is limited to the available scripting commands, which are very few compared to later ArmAs.

I did a clean install.

Stuff that I encountered when testing in mission editor.

WW4 EXT/US/SOF/Vehicles - ATTACK HELO/ AH-6 Little Bird - When firing the m134 minigun at the ground FPS drops to 0

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - IFV Stryker (all types) - When being the driver in first person view AI gunner is visible

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - APC (W)/ M113A3 - When playing as driver the gun does not rotate even if you get out and get in as gunner (tell AI to get out or shot) (Even RESISTANCE version)

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - SPAAG (W)/ M163 VADS Vulcan - When firing the m168 gun at the ground FPS drops to 0

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - TRANSPORT HELO/ CH-47D Chinook - When playing as gunner in first person, the view is not right?

WW4 EXT/US Army/Vehicles - TRANSPORT HELO/ UH-60L Black Hawk - When firing the m134 minigun at the ground FPS drops to 0

WW4 EXT/USAF - CAS PLANE/ A-10 Thunderbolt II - When firing the GAU-8/A Avenger at the ground there is lag spike (I think too many rocks appear on impact)

WW4 EXT/USMC/Vehicles - CAS PLANE/ AV-8B Harrier II - When firing the GAU-12 Equalizer at the ground FPS drops to 0

WW4 EXT/Vehicles WEST - There is East vehicles in this list. I placed down the MBT (W)/ T-90S (Export) and placed down WW4 EXT/Vehicles EAST - MBT

(W)/ T-90S (Export) My AI said 2 O'clock enemy T90 but no yellow text to engage. The enemy T90 did not engage me, even after firing at it. After being damaged the crew bailed and then my commander gave me target to fire at them and to change weapon.

WW4 EXT/USMC/Vehicles - I placed down MBT (W)/ M60A3 Patton VS the WW4 EXT/Vehicles EAST - MBT (W)/ T-90S (Export), M60A3 does not

engage the T90 and the WW4 EXT/USMC/Vehicles - MBT (W)/ M1A1 Abrams does not engage too. Maybe all units in USMC?? WW4 EXT/USMC/Vehicles

fire at WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles NP.

WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - CAS PLANE/ SU-25 Frogfoot - When firing the GSh-30-2 at the ground FPS drops to 0

WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - ATTACK HELO/ Ka-50 Black Shark When firing the 2A42 AP-T there is lag spikes (FPS drops down from 75 to 15 or below or above 15, but not as bad as the CAS PLANE/ SU-25 Frogfoot though.

WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - ATTACK HELO/ Mi-24VM Hind - When firing the GSh-23L at the ground FPS drops to 0

WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - ATTACK HELO/ Mi-8TVK Hip - When firing the Yak-B 12.7mm at the ground FPS drops to 0

WW4 EXT/Russian Army/Vehicles - SPAAG (D)/ ZSU-23-4 - When firing the AZP-23 Cannon at the ground there is lag spikes (FPS drops down from 75 to 15 or below or above 15, but not as bad as the CAS PLANE/ SU-25 Frogfoot though.