Just to remind you guys - if you need a permanent to server to play on DAY0.COM.AU has a permanent All in Arma ADF Uncut server - that's currently playing an ADF Uncut Domination Takistan mission.

b_560_95_1.png

really good job on the steyr! rotating muzzle flash, proxy positioning, etc all working great. i was wondering if it'd be possible to add ironsight to the weapon? i have yet to see a snap of real life steyr with ironsights but would that be such a big stretch? just a thought. again, great job! thank you for sharing this. :)

The standard 1.5x scope has iron sights on the top, thats all it has.

We have this scope modeled and ingame, its just needs some more work before its ready for release.

Hah, I was wondering where the ole 1.5x was. I agree with a previous poster (CptDavo) - using the F2000 (Mk20) anim for the reload would be better for the Steyr than the Tavor, since your non-master hand comes forward after replacing the magazine to flick the cocking handle out of the hold-open recess in reality.

Some further weapon animations on the weapons would be baws, for example, the magazine leaving the body on reload, and perhaps the cocking handle coming back and rotating upwards to simulate cock-lock to some extent. I did some work on similar animations a long time ago, so I know they can be done (although I also know what a PITA they are). If you were truly pedantic, you could model in the single-shot lockout stud and have it drop downwards when selecting semi-automatic fire.

Also, it's F88SA1 and A2.

i would like this mod but for the sake of organisation im going to hold back until its on play withsix

Will you guys be doing NZ military textures like the Arma 2 ANZAC mod did? Possibly with the new camo?

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20130618_OH_D1033071_0008.jpg (455 kB)

That'd be awesome if you did

If they choose nto to i could quickly throw together some NZ units, might take a day or two depending on how productive i am at 3am :p

Sneak peak on the new steyr firing sound wip.

The clicking noise is the mechanical sound the gun makes when being fired and ATM is borrowed from a BIS gun, however it is separate from the actual gun shot sound. We have a few ADF soldiers who have listened to the new sound we are working on and have stated it is closer to the real thing than the previous. The firing sound will most likely go through more changes to fix things like the echoing heard in full-auto. The mechanisms sound should be able to quietened through the config.

The current sound effect really has that kick-you-feel-in-your-gut that you can't really emulate with sound that firing a real gun has, while (It's probably just the youtube video doing it) the new one you posted doesn't quite seem to have it.

Awesome mod, and I cannot wait to see more new weaponry!

My 2c - the Steyr sound isn't too bad, but it certainly needs more bass - at the moment, it sounds a bit like the WTSS played through a radio.

We do have a version of it that has a decent amount of bass but were advised that the actual firing sound has more crack to it than bass. The current version is liked by a few people but it doesn't authentically represent the true sound of a steyr firing. The new wip version is from a recording of Steyr A1 being fired. I did prefer the bass in it because it sounds nice through your headset.

I'm also looking to make it fit snuggly with the BIS weapons sounds as well. If someone is capable of making a more authentic/realistic firing sound than our current wip we would appreciate hearing from you.

guys i am an avid follower of this project and just wanted to point out that maybe we could use both sounds.. because we know there are more weapon models to be released yet eg F90s and hopefully some carbine versions with extra rail mounts. Also wanted to point out that i seen the first models you did of the AUG and was hoping you would release that model also . even though it may not have been authentic Australian weapon would love to see some different models of the steyrs and AUGs. there is one such mod creator by the name of Christian.1987 he and his team made a killer model of some AUGs in ARMA2 called MIDF he informed me that he was no longer modding for arma series but if you guys were interested to incorperate this model in your mod you should contact him could be really helpful . keep up the outstanding work guys really appreciate it cheers..

Edited by blazenchamber

guys i am an avid follower of this project and just wanted to point out that maybe we could use both sounds.. because we know there are more weapon models to be released yet eg F90s and hopefully some carbine versions with extra rail mounts. Also wanted to point out that i seen the first models you did of the AUG and was hoping you would release that model also . even though it may not have been authentic Australian weapon would love to see some different models of the steyrs and AUGs. there is one such mod creator by the name of Christian.1987 he and his team made a killer model of some AUGs in ARMA2 called MIDF he informed me that he was no longer modding for arma series but if you guys were interested to incorperate this model in your mod you should contact him could be really helpful . keep up the outstanding work guys really appreciate it cheers..

I spoke to Christian in the early days of the mod, he said he wanted to do a quality release for the mod in Arma 3.

Anyhow the ADF dont use the Steyr A3, but we will have the F90 anyways :D

We will start modding in vehicles when we have finished the Infantry side of things, this includes the bushmaster.

I think I am going to scrap the new sound and rework the current one.

If I managed to motivate myself enough to retexture the ADF units and make some NZDF units, would you guys include them in the mod if you liked it enough? The ANZAC mod for Arma 2 had that. Are you guys the same team as that mod?

Oh, please someone do NZed troops. :) But, on point, I've played with this, and many kudo's sir!

If I managed to motivate myself enough to retexture the ADF units and make some NZDF units, would you guys include them in the mod if you liked it enough? The ANZAC mod for Arma 2 had that. Are you guys the same team as that mod?

Bloody oath, we want to do some NZDF troops - jump on our ts.day0.com.au and have a chat with us. If you do decide to have a go at skinning them come show us your work we are always happy to grow our team. We have a pretty decent template we work off that includes all the individual cuts and a high res cloth texture, etc. Anyhow come and chat and if you're up to it and have a decent texture perhaps you could join the team :D

---------- Post added at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 ----------

Oh, please someone do NZed troops. :) But, on point, I've played with this, and many kudo's sir!

Thanks dude, hopefully we can grow the mod to bigger and better releases during and before the Arma 3 release, to complete your gaming goodness.

Will you guys be doing NZ military textures like the Arma 2 ANZAC mod did? Possibly with the new camo?

http://www.whaleoil.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/20130618_OH_D1033071_0008.jpg (455 kB)

That'd be awesome if you did

If they choose nto to i could quickly throw together some NZ units, might take a day or two depending on how productive i am at 3am :p

Well, it's not quite 3am but it's close enough :p

I finished off some rough textures tonight for you, if you want to use them/tear them apart/include them, what ever i don't care, just be sure to credit myself for the textures and Myself and Stillman for the configs (Even though half of the ADF Uncut credits are copied from my USMC addon anyway :p).

Screenshot (200kb - Glasses not included, i forgot to remove them for the screenshot): http://i.imgur.com/D9AM4IH.jpg

Download link (13mb): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/57801765/%40crw_nzdf.zip

Known issues:

Faction Lacks a flag in the editor - if i figure it out i'll update the link. Updated

Helmet textures are blurry - I believe this is due to the helmet diffuse and UV's only being 512px (Although as this shows, hiddenselections now work for the Indfor LWH).

Camouflage scale may be off - Partly due to lack of reference, partly due to needing more input for this, if you think it's too big/too small let me know but it looks close enough to me compared to the photos out there.

Vest is more of a tan than Coyote compared to BIS Coyote - Deal with it :cool:

No keys - I'm only half motivated, i'll make one up on request if Sbats doesn't make on up if he chooses to include it.

Config may conflict with CRW_USMC - Solution: Stop using my outdated shit and get onto Sabre's awesome Marines.

@Sbats, May i add the Steyr to the above pack for easy downloading for others?

Edited by Scarecrow398

Oh the horror! Latest dev patches are causing US flags to appear on the shoulders of the various ADF units. This bloody game is determined to make me look and sound American!

Oh the horror! Latest dev patches are causing US flags to appear on the shoulders of the various ADF units. This bloody game is determined to make me look and sound American!

Good. Good. Give in to your anger, join the Dark Side.