Oh the horror! Latest dev patches are causing US flags to appear on the shoulders of the various ADF units. This bloody game is determined to make me look and sound American!

You poor buggers.

Jokes aside (and I truly was joking), there seems to be a fair bit of discussion about the changes made to blufor uniform hidden selections and textures with this latest dev patch, which are affecting retextures such as those in ADF uncut. Hopefully a compromise will be reached soon.

Known issues:

Faction Lacks a flag in the editor - if i figure it out i'll update the link. Updated

Helmet textures are blurry - I believe this is due to the helmet diffuse and UV's only being 512px (Although as this shows, hiddenselections now work for the Indfor LWH).

Camouflage scale may be off - Partly due to lack of reference, partly due to needing more input for this, if you think it's too big/too small let me know but it looks close enough to me compared to the photos out there.

Vest is more of a tan than Coyote compared to BIS Coyote - Deal with it :cool:

No keys - I'm only half motivated, i'll make one up on request if Sbats doesn't make on up if he chooses to include it.

Config may conflict with CRW_USMC - Solution: Stop using my outdated shit and get onto Sabre's awesome Marines.

@Sbats, May i add the Steyr to the above pack for easy downloading for others?

Quote from my friend who is currently active in the NZDF:

"Pretty fuckin good"

I think you're good mate

Quote from my friend who is currently active in the NZDF:

"Pretty fuckin good"

I think you're good mate

Good enough for me, thank mate!

Hey guys, I posted this on your thread over at Armaholic but I noticed this one was more frequented so here goes

Loving the pack, especially the weapons. Great work!

One thing I did want to mention was that the barrel length for your Minimi looks a a fair bit shorter than it ought to be.

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/elkbai_4.jpg If this is still your Minimi in the picture here, the barrel needs to be more like this http://tumatauenga.webs.com/photos/Weapon/Firearm-Research/F89Minimi.jpg

Edited by Linkage

Hey guys,

Was wondering if you could make a variant of the F88 with an angled fore grip and without a fore grip.

I think that it's great that you guys are making this mod and I hope you keep on adding to it! :)

Having an issue, albeit a very minor one. When opening the editor when using ADF Uncut, it complains about not being able to find ADF.icon, other than that, the mod is bloody awesome

Yeah, BI added flag icons next to the factions a while ago and we havent updated the mod since. Not exactly sure on an ETA for the next update, dont really want to push an update out without having a sizeable ammount of new content.

May I recommend DPNU camo to be included for some naval action? Be great to see some Navy Clearance Divers especially since diving is supported natively in the game. Cheers!

Just a quick update, the ADF Uncut team is still alive. Current issues in IRL have slowed our progress and we will be back in business soon!

Out of interest, do you plan on adding the MRH 90 or the Blackhawk, or both. It just struck me as the ADF said they would eventually replace their Blackhawks with the MRH 90 but I wasn't sure what you guys were gonna do. Great work as well and I hope that everything is running smoothly :D

Out of interest, do you plan on adding the MRH 90 or the Blackhawk, or both. It just struck me as the ADF said they would eventually replace their Blackhawks with the MRH 90 but I wasn't sure what you guys were gonna do. Great work as well and I hope that everything is running smoothly :D

Indeed you're right.

The MRH-90 is due to replace our S-70's (UH-60 Blackhawk) soon and already replaced our old UH-1 Iroquois.

It was to replace the Seaking helicopters as well with the Navy however they decided to go with the new SH-60R Seahawk.

Indeed you're right.

The MRH-90 is due to replace our S-70's (UH-60 Blackhawk) soon and already replaced our old UH-1 Iroquois.

It was to replace the Seaking helicopters as well with the Navy however they decided to go with the new SH-60R Seahawk.

Im pretty sure the Navy are still acquiring MRH-90's, probably more for transport and supplying roles.

Im pretty sure the Navy are still acquiring MRH-90's, probably more for transport and supplying roles.

I believe we are getting both for our Canberra-class landing ships if I am correct.

P.s: I would hate to ask for an ETA, so I would like to ask how progress is going :D

Edited by SidanHeath

I believe we are getting both for our Canberra-class landing ships if I am correct.

P.s: I would hate to ask for an ETA, so I would like to ask how progress is going :D

Not sure if we can given any date for updated vehicles or new vehicles.

Over the weekend i have redone the F88A2 and it is now just waiting for a proper re-texture, it is fully animated and looks incredible i must say. I spent a lot of time getting the animations looking almost perfect as it can be used as a template for the F88A1, F88A2, F88SA2 and F90, i have screenshots and video footage of them since we alpha tested in a clan op last night, will post it up when i edit the video.

I have also spent some time at the virtual range and configured up some improve 5.56 ammunition (Intended to mimic the F1A1 5.56 developed by Thales).

We are working with OCB to try and get an update ready for the release of Patrol Ops 3, but unsure if we can make the timeline, Our update will hopefully contain updated DPCU camouflage, F88A1, F88A2, F88SA2 and F90 as a minimum, full new vehicles will have to wait until the new year.

Check back tonight and i will have screenshots and hopefully a video.

Edited by pastor399

Great Mod keep up the great work, are we going to get Australian SAS

Edited by gazac

Some quick screen shots of the F88A2 and F88SA2. The textures in these images are just a basic color, Butcher has almost finished a texture for the F88A2, and we are hoping to have at least the F88A2 updated this weekend and next week will see another update containing the F88SA2 and F90.

As seen in the images below, the F88SA2 has a rail system on the top for mounting optics, but requires a ring mount for lasers and flashlights, a ring mounted laser and flashlight will be included in the accessories pack. We planned for clear mags on release but have had some issues with the transparency under artificial lighting at night so decided to stick with opaque for the time being, in the future we hope to get the clear mags working better. The weapons also feature some improved 5.56 ammunition we developed and have taken the name 'F1A1' which is produced by Thales for the ADF, they are available in 30 Round mags, with green, red, yellow and ir tracer variants.

2013_11_26_00001.jpg2013_11_24_00003.jpg 2013_11_24_00007.jpg

2013_11_25_00001.jpg 2013_11_25_00002.jpg 2013_11_25_00003.jpg

2013_11_25_00006.jpg 2013_11_25_00008.jpg 2013_11_25_00009.jpg

2013_11_24_00002.jpg

I'm editing a video at the moment which showcases the F88A2 in action during a weekend operation over at Day0.com.au

We are tossing between the idea of simulation the F88 double action trigger pull, where a 'light-pull' will produce semi-automatic fire and a 'hard-pull' will fire full automatic. We hope that this in-game will translate to a quick mouse click is semi-auto but if you are not carefully you might fire off a burst, if we go this route a safety mode may be included which will allow us to animate the safety switch which would be static otherwise.

Great Mod keep up the great work, are we going to get Australian SAS

and yep that missing icon is fixed, we just thought it was not worth releasing a update to fix a missing icon.................... i spent many a frustrating few seconds each time it has popped in the past.

In the game at the moment SOTG represents SASR. Special Operations Task Group is comprised of SASR and Commando regiments, in discussion we had just this moment though we are likely going include stand alone SASR units with camouflage from circa 2006.

We are tossing between the idea of simulation the F88 double action trigger pull, where a 'light-pull' will produce semi-automatic fire and a 'hard-pull' will fire full automatic. We hope that this in-game will translate to a quick mouse click is semi-auto but if you are not carefully you might fire off a burst, if we go this route a safety mode may be included which will allow us to animate the safety switch which would be static otherwise.

Yeah but the F88 has a little button just above the trigger area which keeps it in single shot mode to avoid this 'accidental' burst or firing on full auto. I don't know what guys on actual frontline duty do re this but from my days in the army res, you only ever fired off single rounds anyway to control where your shots land vs spraying your valuable ammo all over the place. The only guys I ever saw firing on full auto (esp at the firing range) were guys from the Navy!

Yeah but the F88 has a little button just above the trigger area which keeps it in single shot mode to avoid this 'accidental' burst or firing on full auto.

Yeah now you speak of it that is 100% correct, long time since i fired a F88 :s May look at including an animated ALO in a update down the track, not something that will be do visible in game though.

Some versions have an ALO or "automatic lockout", a small projection at the base of the trigger. This was first included on the Irish Defence Forces variant of the rifle, and soon after, the Australian Defence Forces variant. In the exposed position the ALO stops the trigger being squeezed past the semi-automatic position. If needed, the ALO can be pushed up to permit automatic fire. - Wikipedia
Edited by pastor399

no worries mate. I'm just being pedantic - its been a few years since I fired it as well, although I do remember a Sgt screaming 'if I hear ANY ONE fire in full auto, I'll have your balls in a swing' and never forgot it! ha ha ha. It just might be easier (development-wise...I know zero about developing so I don't want to sound like a smartalec) to be able to just choose either single shot or auto like in the real F88. I say leave the automatic firing to the F89! ;)

Could you animate the single-shot lockout to protrude when the rifle is set to semi-auto ingame and for it to be retracted when you set to automatic? Maybe instead of animating the safety?

Edited by Linkage

Could you animate the single-shot lockout to protrude when the rifle is set to semi-auto ingame and for it to be retracted when you set to automatic? Maybe instead of animating the safety?

We would of only animated the safety selector if we decided to go with the dual stage trigger concept where the fire modes available were 'Safe' & 'Full-Auto' . In a future update we will probably include the ALO in the trigger and animate it, but at the moment that would require going back into the model and we just don't have the time to do that before we want to release an update.