shay_gman

MCC Sandbox 3 - Dynamic mission creating tool for ArmA 3

It would be cool if the gear replacement after you landed worked in water. Just something so if your in water it automatically swaps since you cannot access inventory to drop your pack, or mouse over your backpack to pick it up

Great work Shay and Spirit. The new interface is outstanding and Gaia is amazing.

I'll see if I can clear this up a bit. We're running the Mission version of MCC and are seeing a conflict with XMed and BTC when a player is downed. We need a toggle in parameters to get rid of BTC or edit the mission ourselves.

Mission Creators are unable to spawn HC units via the 'Spawn' function. 'Create' and 'Spawn in Zone' (with Headless Client set for location) both return messages saying the unit has been created, but nothing shows up. Spawning HC units in the 3D editor works, but is a headache trying to get them into groups.

I've pared down all the mods running on the server to just those required by the map. CBA3, XMed, and it's dependencies. Same results there.

If there's a file I can PM or anything you need, let Gihzmo or I know. Thanks much.

Edit: Update- Just ran @mccsandbox with CBA3 and inidb on a generic map with the same HC results. Can spawn in 3D ed. Cannot spawn in zone or 'create' button.

We'll check the HC but just to make sure you did changed the location combo box from "server" to "HC" did you?

Location is set to HC.

Pic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43350657/mcc_hc_nospawn.png (204 kB)

Is there a way that we can control MCC spawned unit with ZEUS?

Hello I'm Currently Working on a Custom Unit Addon for my clan(and later Public) and want to ask,

how can i make my addon MCC Compatible.

The Problem:

i dont find any of my Groups in the mcc spawn menu.

thx in advance, btw sorry for my english^^

edit: found the issue after is study some other mods configs ^^

anyway keep up your great Work

Edited by rAMMY

Hi shay and spirit.

Im wondering,is it possible to add more than 20 slots to the mission save clipboard?

Ok, so am sorry for keep bringing this up BUT...

1st I have found the spawn to HC drop down ** thank god** thought I was blind...

However, here is the sequence I take... connect my HC to my DS, connects fine...

load MMC template, place HC in as any unit... **connects**

start spawning units and directing them to HC spawn...

then..... nothing.... my DS takes the AI.... HC idle

Does anyone use this MMC with HC? and IF SO, could you PM me on the steps or place here for any HC people like me that are noobs to this script stuff...

when we use the reinforcements option, can you add in another option for vehicle type that we can use. Example: reinforcement - paradrop (large) - C130??

Does every player need to load mcc?

no dont need that

From what I've seen with MCC you need to check what MCC_ownerHC is set to as I'd bet in your case it is a null object.

One quick fix is to make a HC unit, name it, and then add a radio trigger that sets MCC_ownerHC to the headless client unit name and transfers that via publicVariable.

Is it possible to give AI units to a player?

When I use "Join" function, it looks like it's making the player join the group but does not give him control of that group.

Oh, and I can't find any way to have the player leave a group. :S

Thanks!

i checked HC again and it still works fine for me. No tricks to be done.

AI spawned at th HC and GAIA worked fine too.

Please make sure to use latest MCC while there was a bug in HC config 1 or 2 versions ago.

i checked HC again and it still works fine for me. No tricks to be done.

AI spawned at th HC and GAIA worked fine too.

Please make sure to use latest MCC while there was a bug in HC config 1 or 2 versions ago.

Thanks Ollem. I'm going to go back and make sure the map I made was clean and the MCC version is correct.

I've actually had issues with the save mode. Sometimes it works perfectly, and other times the format becomes broken. I'll get something like:

[[],[["GUER",[["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",[]],

To start with, instead of the normal working format that always seems to start with:

MCC_savedObjectives = [];

Not sure why this is happening but it breaks my saves quite frequently and I lose a lot of editing.

After playing around with it over and over it seems it does save the offset if you enable allign to terrian but disable the smooth placing... this is the only feature it seems to work....

Don't get me wrong but I keep on being surprised on why MCC does get these questions. If you want the addon to work, then ofcourse all need it. If you take a weapon addon do they all need it? If you take an extra island, do they all need it? Ofcourse :) I say this because I am curious why this question is unclear for people while it is never unclear in any other addon.

So, if you want mcc to 100% work then all need it. If you want to surprise functionality then you make it optional :)

For time, weather synch they need

For time, weather synch they need

And for paradrop and halo and for IED and for..... Most likely some more features

Edited by Ollem

Running into an issue with Manually placed waypoint here. generating random mission, adding a few groups (non gaia) with manualy assigned waypoints, and after an hour or more, the waypoints start getting deleted, after the bug occur it seems all manualy added waypoints get deleted/reset every few seconds. looks like its when gaia is refreshing even if the unit is no assigned to it. tried multiple times its almost always happening

Another waypoint issue i encountered but more rare, sometimes a unit is generating an unlimited number of waypoint in the same area in some sort of turning star pattern. Clearing or giving new waypoints doesnt help, neither assigning the unit to gaia, it just keep going unless u delete the unit

I don't know if it's a bug or a designed behaviour but when you use the mission generator, if someone connect after the generation of the mission this hasn't got any task available or a sort of briefing, just the red circle that show the battlefield.

This happens also is someone disconnect for any reason and when re-enter lose the tasks.

Do you already know about this? Do you think it's possible to fix it saving the tasks at server level so everyone could connect and see the objectives?

Thank you in advance and good developing! :)

Hi,

Is there a preferred way of setting the distance at which groups are cached?

Thanks

Yes same thing happens this end.

I don't know if it's a bug or a designed behaviour but when you use the mission generator, if someone connect after the generation of the mission this hasn't got any task available or a sort of briefing, just the red circle that show the battlefield.

This happens also is someone disconnect for any reason and when re-enter lose the tasks.

Reinforcements not respawning as shown in shay_gman youtube clip 3:38

MCC not showing up in menu randomly, the fix suicide and respawn it appears. "Tested with old version no problems"

:)

Running into an issue with Manually placed waypoint here. generating random mission, adding a few groups (non gaia) with manualy assigned waypoints, and after an hour or more, the waypoints start getting deleted, after the bug occur it seems all manualy added waypoints get deleted/reset every few seconds. looks like its when gaia is refreshing even if the unit is no assigned to it. tried multiple times its almost always happening

I have been able to reproduce this behavior.

After a long time no more waypoints for manually assigned cycle wp.

Assigning new manual wp did also no longer work (disapear after 1 second).

However, after "giving the group to GAIA" by selecting and pressing the appropriate button new waypoints were assigned again.

Deleting GAIA WP and assigning manual WP again worked again.

Hello friends!

I have a couple of things/questions:

When joining a mission with MCC, it automatically sets everybody's view distance to 1500. How do I disable this from happening client-side? It's very aggravating, especially since the floating rocks/objects glitch is still present from MCC changing object detail. I have all of my video settings fine tuned and it's extremely aggravating to have MCC change them every time we play.

Also, since the last update it seems that all vehicles spawned with MCC are disappearing after they are empty. For large-scale missions when we park our vehicles for a long time, the vehicles disappearing 2-3 min after we dismount is also extremely aggravating.

Other than those two things, the newest iteration of MCC is amazing. We've been getting so much mileage out of the mission generator. And the MCC/Zeus integration is as amazing as I'd hoped it would be when I first heard of Zeus.

I've found that sometimes when I try to teleport other players nothing happens, only my issue?

Please make sure you actually select them. The names should turn blue when selected.