tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Is there a way to have more save-slots? Like, 20 instead of 10. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry if this has allready been asked! Didn't read the whole thread.

@Elena

You just have to throw some things on the ground and pick them up and re-organize,

re-pack, etc, how you want and then just save loadout in VAS. Everything will stay

exactly as you packed and arranged them (like uniform in backpacK). Works AWESOME!

@ItsThomas

Change a line in the Config File. (line 8 I believe).

Hi, thanks for the mod it's great but I have a problem using it on my map:

I see no labels on the buttons, any idea why?

Also, I'd like to have a much much bigger selection screen, I don't understand why we would limit the selection screen to such as small consolish area. Can you point me in the right direction to edit the size of it?

Thanks a lot for the help :)

Hey Tonic, I've been wondering if there's a way you can implement a whitelist for VAS. I love VAS but it can cause serious server issues if people are loading up stuff from mods that the server doesn't have. Is there a way you can make it so we can include a whitelist of classnames for authorized items?

Or is there already a way to do this?

MacScottie, in the config.sqf there are lines 26-34 that allow only those class names to be used.

Of course you may have to disable loading and saving of profiles - or use the missionnamespace instead of profilenamespace to save the profiles so they can be used later.

That is explained in this thread somewhere a couple of months ago.

edit: ok,just searched the thread - it was explained just as I have done in passing......

if the player leaves the server then all loadouts are gone

Edited by KevsnoTrev

Or is there already a way to do this?

Add classnames to line 50 in the config.sqf... that's your exclusion list. I use it to hide all of the different weapon+attachment combos from the NATO/Spetsnaz weapons pack that inflates the VAS weapons list. vas_r_weapons = [yourweaponclassnamehere];

And as KevsnoTrev stated, line 26 is for including only the weapons you want VAS to display.

But, you should be restricting the mods that are on your server in the first place. Otherwise it's easy for someone to run hacks from a mod.

Hi, thanks for the mod it's great but I have a problem using it on my map:

I see no labels on the buttons, any idea why?

Also, I'd like to have a much much bigger selection screen, I don't understand why we would limit the selection screen to such as small consolish area. Can you point me in the right direction to edit the size of it?

Thanks a lot for the help :)

question ... is this mission you use Insurgency on Altis from DAP?

if this mission is the case for your problem and I think it is!

then download this file : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1gWUNu0kwK1VWNQRDc0N3plWWM/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

depbo the mission and overwrite existing file finally pbo mission again

problem should be then solved

If VAS is too small, you can change your display settings in your profile.

This directly effects how VAS is displayed as well. You should be able to

change this on-the-fly in-game and then back again if you wish.

Thanks for the answer guys.

Maquez: I am using a self-made mission, I only run VAS with the BTC revive script. Is there any known issue when using these 2 mods together?

Goblin: I'll try that, but isn't that just going to make everything bigger? I have no problem with the size of the text as it is by default, but rather the size of the scroll list itself.

I can see maybe 10 items at once, but given the screen sizes and resolutions on PC, it's a shame not to go full screen for the list :) I'll try that later on anyway, thanks.

Edit: ok, as expected, it just makes everything bigger. Not what I want, I want to see more things, not bigger things ;)

Edited by Chateau_dur

Ok, my bad, the label problem was because I'd forgotten to copy the stringtable.xml to my mission folder boooooo!

I'm still submitting the idea of making the whole selection list much bigger to the author of this mod, that'd be brilliant :)

If anyone is using the dev-build and wants to test / utilize the new scripting commands here are two files to change. I don't plan on pushing a VAS update till this is in the stable.

VAS\functions\fn_handleItem.sqf

http://pastie.org/pastes/8389056/text?key=fjmakzbupvpbdfortawba

VAS\functions\fn_loadGear.sqf

http://pastie.org/pastes/8389061/text?key=md1guemhermbhy6de6mtmq

That adds the new scripting commands addItemToX (X = Backpack,vest,uniform) and the same with removeItemFromX. Sadly the command does not support Magazines and there is no command to specifically add magazines to a uniform/vest so magazines will be shifted still.

Tonic i read that the new command addItemToX support magazine too. I can't test it because i use the stable by the way

Tonic i read that the new command addItemToX support magazine too. I can't test it because i use the stable by the way

Yeah, they just fixed that in yesterdays Dev-build. A day after adding the new commands. -_-

Out of curiosity, is it currently possible to assemble items such as mortar bipods, static weaponry, etc.? I can't seem to use any of the 'special' backpacks I equip from VAS.

I've tried doing a search but haven't found anything regarding 'arma vas mortar' or similar keywords.

Out of curiosity, is it currently possible to assemble items such as mortar bipods, static weaponry, etc.? I can't seem to use any of the 'special' backpacks I equip from VAS.

I've tried doing a search but haven't found anything regarding 'arma vas mortar' or similar keywords.

Do you know you need two backpacks to create a static object? Put one on, drop it, and then put another one on. Then use the scroll menu on the backpack on the ground.

If I may suggest, would it be possible to add the option to export/import complete loadouts (including magazines and items) to/from clipboard? It would allow for sharing loadouts, very useful for clans/groups.

Thanks, it doesn't currently seem to be working for me (just the 'take item' usual action) but I'll try a few combinations.

The strange thing is, for example 'Take Mortar Tube Backpack' ONLY comes up if I have the bipod backpack on me as well, but no assembly options.

Edited by JJJohan

;2532017']If I may suggest' date=' would it be possible to add the option to export/import complete loadouts (including magazines and items) to/from clipboard? It would allow for sharing loadouts, very useful for clans/groups.[/quote']

this +1

If I was to do a exporter/importer it would still require VAS to load it because I tend to keep it in my format, technically it would require the full set of VAS just VAS_fnc_handleItem and what that requires which is VAS_fnc_fetchCfgDetails and VAS_fnc_accType. Another thing is copyToClipboard only works if you are host/server, it does not work in MP if you aren't the host / server.

I found a way to load all the profiles you saved without wait for the full initialization! I can share it if it is ok for Tonic!

this +1

I guess it would be easier/more straightforward to include a shared save/load menu, that saves it's data either temorarily per mission or in the serverprofile.

That way you can simply load one of your personal loadouts, save it to a public slot and everyone else can get it from there. Allows for quick and easy exchange of loadouts or even for making specific presets for a mission that people can use.

(it would even allow missionmakers to set those variables in the init to include some presets with their mission)

player RemoveallEventHandlers "Respawn";
player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {[VAS_slot] spawn VAS_fnc_loadGear;}];

Can you please change the removing of all eventhandlers for respawn because you kill all respawn options with this code snippet and we get blackscreens after some time if we respawn.

If you don't trust me i hope you trust Xeno -> http://hx3.de/460929-beitrag695.html <-