tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

UPDATE: v1.9

Notes:

An update was applied to the stringtable.xml so be sure to drag that into your mission!

Change log:

Fixed: Some weapons wouldn't display in 'Your Current Gear'.

Changed: Added some additional code changes to fix & prevent 'VAS hasn't finished loading'

Changed: All Items (Vests/uniforms/headgear/attachments/misc) will display even if a class has the same name.

Changed: Some other things but forgot what they were but must of been important!

Added: Portuguese localization / Translation (Thanks to Ficc on BIS forums!)

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v1.9

@mantls you've probably seen in it the server browser but Stratis / Altis life.

Mission / project? may i ask what that would be?

check out the link in the bottom of Tonic's sig for the news

Nice work with the release :)

One thing however 1.9 description.ext in both the "gear_test.stratis" and "scripts" folder contain includes for the TAW View Distance script which will probably cause issues.

Nice work with the release :)

One thing however 1.9 description.ext in both the "gear_test.stratis" and "scripts" folder contain includes for the TAW View Distance script which will probably cause issues.

Opps, thanks for pointing that out, repacked the file with the correct one.

I am getting a generic error in fn_filter.sqf - on weapons filtering and items - it does filter the lists.

It seems to only happen after loading a saved loadout

Error in expression <t,_x];};
};

case "SCALAR":
{
if(_type == _filter) then
{
_ret set [count _ret,>
 Error position: <== _filter) then
{
_ret set [count _ret,>
 Error Generic error in expression
File ...........................................missions\gear_test.Stratis\VAS\functions\fn_filter.sqf, line 55

I am getting a generic error in fn_filter.sqf - on weapons filtering and items - it does filter the lists.

It seems to only happen after loading a saved loadout

Error in expression <t,_x];};
};

case "SCALAR":
{
if(_type == _filter) then
{
_ret set [count _ret,>
 Error position: <== _filter) then
{
_ret set [count _ret,>
 Error Generic error in expression
File ...........................................missions\gear_test.Stratis\VAS\functions\fn_filter.sqf, line 55

I'm not able to get this error at all, what items are in the 'saved' loadout? Are they addon based? Particularly I am looking mainly at weapons / items (vests,misc,uniform,etc)

Opps, thanks for pointing that out, repacked the file with the correct one.

Sent you a PM mate.

I'm not able to get this error at all, what items are in the 'saved' loadout? Are they addon based? Particularly I am looking mainly at weapons / items (vests,misc,uniform,etc)

No mods are running, just vanilla install.

My fault

I deleted all of my loads from the previous version and no more error...

oops. sorry!

No mods are running, just vanilla install.

My fault

I deleted all of my loads from the previous version and no more error...

oops. sorry!

Hmmm, might of been a bad classname being passed then but if it happens again remember which section of VAS you are in i.e Weapons or Items and what filter is being applied (if any) and the items that are listed in it.

It was my bad.....i had the loadouts created when i was running multiple mods. then ran your new version in vanilla...

Its a shame the profilenamespace can't differentiate between mods and only load the one based on when it was saved. - it possibly can be done with creative scripting.....:idea:

Is the 3d view of the player still a WIP or on the back burner due to other projects? - and of course playing games and RL - don't take this as anything negative, I am just curious.

I really see VAS as something that has changed the Arma3 gameplay - especially early on when you couldn't even pick up any gear from the crates unless you were the MP mission host.

Thanks a lot for sending us the newest version of your script :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated mirror

Just a question. Where is the layout saved? We wanted to make 5-6 layouts for our clan and spread them. perhaps a Export/Import function would be cool.

So I've looked for an answer for quite a while and I know it's an easy fix but how do I have players respawn with their gear previously loaded in from VAS? I've seen it on plenty of servers and am not sure if it's an additional script or (what I suspect) a built in function I've got to turn on and off?

Other than that I love this script and is a huge leap forward from how we geared up on A2 & ACE. Keep it up, man.

UPDATE: v1.9a

Notes:

An update was applied to the stringtable.xml so be sure to drag that into your mission! This is mainly a hotfix.

Change log:

Fixed: Backpacks wouldn't show in Your Current Gear.

Added: Italian localization / Translation (Thanks to ramius86 on BIS Forums).

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v1.9a

KOREAN translation :)

http://pastebin.com/f10dineu

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

Lovely update Tonic :)

Dose Korean pont makes trouble? D:? I saw lot's of trouble in other countries game

By the way I figure my problem sorry tonic that i answer too late D:

ps. Can we have 20 or 30 save/load menu :)?

Edited by kgino1045

great work and thanks for the Italian localization : )

would be a great feature having one virtual ammo box per faction because in PvP sometime , even if you write it , people keep taking uniforms from other sides appearing in underwear : D

I know its people fault and maybe take too much time to make 3 versions so just an idea/suggestion

keep up the good work ; )

well i need one post to post links so just ignore this :cool:

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 ----------

Here is the real reply: :)

Czech Translation

I tested it and everything worked.

Czech Translation WITH Korean translation. So you do not have extra work merging these two tables together. :cool:

http://pastebin.com/Jpe9thR4

And if Korean Translation did not work for any reason

Czech Translation WITHOUT Korean Translation

http://pastebin.com/xtL11qaT

Is it possible to have a PBO version to work with all missions, honestly am asking this cuz me and brother used to play coops on our private server and its sucks to play without this great mod.

OK, I have the stringtable updated and have Czech, Russian and Español added to the list. I couldn't get the Korean to work but I guess the engine just doesn't support it yet, if there is a language missing that the game supports here is the current list:

http://pastie.org/pastes/8330737/text?key=ladkqw7pmkglutoq5qiokw

I'll give it a few more days for any more translations to come in and any bug reports before I push an update.

Is it possible to have a PBO version to work with all missions, honestly am asking this cuz me and brother used to play coops on our private server and its sucks to play without this great mod.

Short answer: no

great mod, but i would have to say the "VAS hasn't finished loading yet" is getting to be the most annoying thing in history, kind of confused as to why this isn't in the known issues so that everyone else that is having this issue doesn't think it is something they may have done to muck it up, my loading time for the VAS was always mediocre at best but it wasn't to bad but with the last patch an hot fix even with as few as 2 other players on the server it takes 20+ mins to load an it isn't like we have very many weapons for it to load, ive been searching an searching for a fix i.e. changing wait commands to sleep 5; and still no change, it seems to be very random, some people can load in a be in the VAS while others that have been standing waiting for 10-15 mins watch others walk up load their gear an walk away...maybe im missing something but it seems to be pretty arbitrary as to who it likes an dislikes....i know this has been mentioned several times an im sure your doing your best to find a fix, anything you could tell the community of how to possibly help this load time would be great.

The first thing i ever wanted to know when i started playing with the editor was how to change gear loadouts, now i know how to but its still a pain to find classnames and type it all in.

What I am wondering is why Dslyecxi`s Arma 3 paperdoll doesn't work with VAS when i try it i just get

this addHeadgear '';
this addVest '';
this addUniform '';
this addBackPack '';
this addWeapon '';
this addPrimaryWeaponItem '';
this addPrimaryWeaponItem '';
this addWeapon '';
this setFace ''; 
this addGoggles '';
this addWeapon '';

Why is that? These two Mods/scripts together would the most useful tool for newbies ever... Like me! :cool:

Reading the VAS forum thread it seems it did at one time work, just not anymore.

got told that perhaps i should of posted that here for some help?