tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

Lol. Well at least I'm not alone. I still love it though and wouldn't create a mission without it.

Thanks for the replies.

Z

Tonic, is it possible to have the VAS ignore ACRE if a client/server is running it to speed up the loading time? The new function to remove the error check is almost as annoying as the loading error (not a ding against you, just MHO) and this would be perfect if it just ignored ACRE.

Sorry I haven't read through all the posts, but I was wondering if there is a config file that can be modified (ingame?) to suppress some options.

for example if I want it to show only ammo when I spawn it at one location on the map and only weapons at another?

and another thing I was thinking about was if there was a way to get a list of what was removed and what was taken... on a closedialog event or something?

I just recently acquired this script/mod in a downloaded mission and I am just playing around with it now. I thought it would be faster to ask on the forums.

thx in advance :)

Tonic, is it possible to have the VAS ignore ACRE if a client/server is running it to speed up the loading time? The new function to remove the error check is almost as annoying as the loading error (not a ding against you, just MHO) and this would be perfect if it just ignored ACRE.

There is no real way to ignore ACRE. As I've stated before the only way to dynamically fetch all weapons is to go through the entire config and ACRE adds a couple hundred entries. I think one radio alone is around 75 entries if not more.

Resolved with my own script.... original request deleted.

Edited by lawndartleo

Hello. I have had a quick search around google and cant find any one else with this problem. The ammo box works 100% it's just in the menu none of the options have words on. Just empty box's that I can still click on and still do their intended function. Does any one know why this might be happening?

Hi,

firstly Im sorry for my english.

My friend has a problem with VAS. He reinstalled completely Arma and when put VAS to his mission, he has not new VAS window loadout feature (three separate icons), but has old window without new feature. And in VAS hasnt smoke grenades, another grenades yes.

Any solution please?

The three usage icons shown to the right on this image (copied from above) have ceased to function for me. I even loaded up the example mission and checked it there, same thing, the usage icons are not functioning for me. They were previously. Not sure what I changed. No mods, stable branch. Help!

vas.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Update....

Small white lie.... had CBA running. I restarted without CBA, icons back. I reenabled CBA, everything is fine. Something got out of whack somewhere.

Thankyou for this great script and your Virtual Vehicle Spawner. Atm I have set my self up a little trigger script to show me my current load (load player) when I am near the VAS provider. I was hoping you could maybe add some kind of Player Load info just under the backpack ? Sorry if this has already been asked for but 76 pages is a lot of back reading to check. Thx.

I am sure others have experienced this, but don't want to go through 76 pages of responses. My VAS seems to take a while to load 5-10 minutes on average, is that my side? Is there anything I could do to have it load more quickly?

Hi

When using nato spetsnaz Nightstalker on a R3F Famas (& other guns).

Impossible to load directly on gun thru VAS, got to use inventory.

Same for save load.

VAS bug?

Thx

I can't find my stringtable.xml file... do i have to create one?

redownload VAS from the 1st page and use the stringtable in the download.

after the last update (2.0/2.1) the load on respawn option does not work anymore. did i missed or forgot something

It seems that I have the same problem with version 2.1a. I also wonder if I am missing something.

I've just started using VAS and it's awesome. I was wondering if anyone out there can help me b/c I'm feeling lazy at the moment. I want VAS crates for Blufor with only default items that would be in BluFor crates. I know I can add it all in the arrays, but I was hoping someone already has all that typed up that they can share so I don't have to dig for classnames. :)

Edited by Meatball

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I added VAS to a map but the box I have added the script to keeps de-spwaning after 5-10min on the server. Does any one know how to stop them from de-spawing?

Sounds like you have a cleanup script that is removing the box. Find that script and see if it has a space to include exceptions to the cleanup check, then add the classname for the box you are attaching VAS to.

UPDATE: v2.2

Notes:

The Virtual Ammobox System Preloader (VASP) is a simple mission / utility for those that are having long load times while using addons such as ACRE. All you need to do is drag the

VAS_Preloader.Stratis.pbo to either your missions directory or MPMissions directory and whenever you are fixing to get into a large Co-Op mission or whatever with ACRE/Other large

addons just play the VAS_Preloader mission first and let it preload information for VAS, once it's completed you will have a hint and you're ready to go. Long load times should

no longer be a problem.

It is a simplistic concept and it's the best work-around that I can provide.

Change log:

Fixed: Load on Respawn feature was not working.

Changed: Magazines now load into their saved containers for loadouts.

Added: VASP (Virtual Ammobox System Preloader), read notes about it!

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.2

Edited by Tonic-_-

Thanks for informing us about the updated version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Confirmed that the load on Respawn is working fine. Thank you!! :)

Hello.

Could you please add minor change to script - if item is inherited from ItemRadio then skip it, or replace with ItemRadio. It will help to be more compatible with modes like FTAR or ACRE.

You can get some details here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2574390&viewfull=1#post2574390

To check if item inherited from "ItemRadio" you may use this code:

(configname inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item)) == "ItemRadio"

is there a way for me to make a saved loadout and then make it a global load preset for other mp players? would reduce a lot of time when using custom units by enabling players to get a standard loadout with 1 click...

Hello.

Could you please add minor change to script - if item is inherited from ItemRadio then skip it, or replace with ItemRadio. It will help to be more compatible with modes like FTAR or ACRE.

You can get some details here - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2574390&viewfull=1#post2574390

To check if item inherited from "ItemRadio" you may use this code:

(configname inheritsFrom (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _item)) == "ItemRadio"

I'll look into it when I can. I'm not that big on these radio com mods for ARMA, never have been but thanks in advance for submitting solutions.

Hey I really liked using this in other peoples missions (great work!) and figured I would have a go at putting it into my own. I just copied the example mission into my missions folder and tried to preview it. Upon opening the virtual ammmobox for the first time I get the message

No entry "C:\Users\Ben\documents\Arma 3\missions\gear_test.Stratis\description.ext/Vas_Diag/controls/gundetails/ListScrollBar"

And I notice that the scroll bar in the vas menu is blank. Also when I try dragging an item into my inventory I get the message

'(.this|#| +1) call VAS_fnc_quickAddDrag'
Error Generic error in expression

Other wise it works as expected.

I have used other peoples' missions with VAS without these errors so I must be doing something wrong. Would you have an idea what? All I did was copy the "gear_test.Stratis" file from the download into my user missions, loaded it up in editor and previewed. I am using dev branch.

Help struggling to get this VAS to work- I just want to spawn a VAS with all the weapons - I think I might have this VAS already installed through the MCC sandbox but not sure - trouble is when I try and spawn a VAS in the editor in game I get the virtual ammo box in RED in the top left menu - but nothing happen when I select it I just get to explore the original Basic Weapons box and not the full selection of ARMA3 weapons - what am I doing wrong? do I need to install VAS standalone? or is there a quick way to do it via the MCC?