tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

So I decided to do a bit more with VAS...

http://www.iamtonic.co/vas/vas_21_pre.png

Thinking about also adding another tab box / detail box when clicking on a weapon that quickly shows compatible attachments, haven't decided yet... Also going to have it so you can drag items from the right into the uniform/vest/backpack and quickly put it in there if I can ever figure it out.

If you can do the compatible attachments that would be great especially when running mods where there not all compatible.

Thinking about also adding another tab box / detail box when clicking on a weapon that quickly shows compatible attachments, haven't decided yet... Also going to have it so you can drag items from the right into the uniform/vest/backpack and quickly put it in there if I can ever figure it out.

Listboxes have a canDrag property, and then I think you use the events onLBDrag, onLBDragging and onLBDrop. But I really never used it so I can't say much. I hope you can get it working it would be a great addition, I love VAS, I sometimes even leave a server because the mission doesn't use VAS or it not working.

Also going to have it so you can drag items from the right into the uniform/vest/backpack and quickly put it in there if I can ever figure it out.

Have you looked at how outlawed did his magazine repack mod. That dialog uses drag and drop and it works great

. Not sure how simple that is to recreate but he might be able to help.

Forum link

forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151402-Mag-Repack

That's a custom addition specifically for Saok's mission done by Saok. I've actually never seen it, is it neat?

You could talk to Saok about that. Or launch Whole Lotta Altis and see for yourself how it works.

It's pretty neat, yeah. I can select any team member to access the virtual box and equip him as if I was equipping myself, with loadouts and all.

For whatever it's worth, having the ability to quickly see what attachments are compatible (presumably under JointRails), I think will be beneficial going forward. Just based on what I know I'm intending to release along those lines, and everything else currently going that direction. Seems wise/useful.

Very much like the current additions in the image above. Very cool. One thing I was curious about the other day when playing, would it be possible to make 'double-clicking' on a loadout in the 'load preset' dialog, just load the preset and take you back to the default dialog page? Hope that makes sense. Trivial in the scheme of things though.

I get the VAS hasnt finished loading yet error in every server with VAS. but Everyone elses is working fine.

UPDATE: v2.1

vas.jpg

Notes:

An update was applied to the stringtable.xml so be sure to drag that into your mission!

- Disabling the 'Vas hasn't finished loading check is NOT RECOMMENDED for non-modded games. It is only meant for those that use a lot of addons such as ACRE in clan/community missions.

- VAS_fnc_handleItem cannot add magazines to their exact saved container in the stable build due to it being broken however reports are that it works in the DEV-Branch so I have left the code commented out for stable users and if DEV-Build users want to use it they simply need to look at the CfgMagazines section.

- The new 'Transfer' feature is not exactly neat and what not but I did it during a massive headache.. To transfer a saved loadout to another player (on your own team) you navigate to the Load Gear menu and select the loadout you want to send and hit Transfer, from there you pick the person you are sending it to and hit Transfer. They will be prompted whether or not they want to accept it.

Change log:

Added: Support for new compatibleItems class structure (Thanks to Robalo).

Added: Ability to transfer saved loadouts to other players in MP (They must accept).

Added: Visual indicator of Uniform/vest/backpack load with tooltip showing % in being full. (ToDo make it drag & drop).

Added: Config option to disable the 'Vas hasn't finished loading' check. It's a config option for those that use a LOT of addons.

Changed: VAS_fnc_handleItem can now put items in exact container from a save (Except Magazines, they're broken in stable).

Fixed: Using quick magazine adding no longer breaks filter displays.

Fixed: Localization error on 'restricted item'.

Fixed: Disabling 'Load on respawn' didn't actually disable it.

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.1

*Edit Note*

The support for the new compatibleItems class structure was briefly tested and with only one addon so feedback on whether that works properly is needed.

Edited by Tonic-_-

Due to some slight compatibility issues with the default VAS setup I have made some slight changes for use on my private mission. If you are interested in any of these, please let me know:

• Three additional addActions on the crate called "Autoload Slot #1", "Autoload Slot #2" & "Autoload Slot #3" which do not use the VAS interface but simply hook straight into the loadout variables. This does not require the box to initialize first and allows players to quickly load one of three primary kit configs without navigating any dialogs. http://i.imgur.com/aiRd6i2.jpg
  • Camera that shows the front of your player whilst the VAS dialog is open. It also makes the dialog movable so you can drag it out of the way: http://i.imgur.com/oXdyn8J.jpg
  • ACRE Compatibility for saving/loading. I have made some ajustments to the loading function so that all ACRE radio's are removed (BIS_fnc_inString) and a simply "itemRadio" is provided regardless.

I really love the ability to restrict equipment from existing presets that they have designed on other servers. No thermals or uniforms other than NATO makes the gameplay significantly better :cool:

I would love to see these variations added to VAS if possible.

Thanks for the update of your VAS,

i had update my drag and drop interface with your latest version 2.1

7B516E3056032DC44F057D3EFBCB0B3F65043A12

Thank Kushluk for the 3d view but i'm a noob with the command of camera.

I want to move my guy on the left or the right of the screen as the Stan's Inventory or just rotate the guy, if someone could help ?

The original open.sqf content of Kushluk :

if(isNil "VAS_init_complete") exitWith {hint "VAS never initialized.\n\nThis means CfgFunctions.hpp was never called via Description.ext";};if(!VAS_init_complete) exitWith {if((time - VAS_init_timeOnStart) > 25) then {[] call VAS_fnc_mainInit;}; hint "VAS hasn't finished loading yet."};

createDialog "VAS_Diag";

disableSerialization;

ctrlShow [2507,false];

ctrlShow [2508,false];

ctrlShow [2509,false];

if(isNil 'VASCAM_Hint') then {HQ globalChat "FLEETFOX: You can drag the VAS dialog around with your mouse. If you cannot see your character, take a step back from the armoury shipping container."};

VASCAM_Hint = true;

VASCAM = "camera" camCreate getPos player;

player switchMove "amovpercmstpslowwrfldnon";

VASCAM camSetFov 0.7;

VASCAM setDir ((getDir player) + 180);

VASCAM camPrepareFOV 0.7;

VASCAM camSetDive -0.5;

VASCAM attachTo [player, [0,1.8,1.5]];

VASCAM cameraEffect ["INTERNAL", "FRONT"];

VASCAM camSetTarget player;

VASCAM camCommit 0;

showCinemaBorder false;

waitUntil{!dialog};

detach VASCAM;

VASCAM cameraEffect ["TERMINATE", "BACK"];

VASCAM camCommit 0;

camDestroy VASCAM;

Edited by GranolaBar

*Edit Note*

The support for the new compatibleItems class structure was briefly tested and with only one addon so feedback on whether that works properly is needed.

Roger that, many thanks for the update. Really looking forward to the sharing bit! Will get to trying out compatibleItems things right now.

I want to move my guy on the left or the right of the screen as the Stan's Inventory or just rotate the guy, if someone could help ?

Check dslyecxi's paper doll gear menu, I haven't tried it but in the video it seems it does what you need.

erm...Kunsa can u say "off topic"?...

Tonic said... Another odd thing with the engine I discovered mainly on ARMA 3 is the performance gain of pulling up the text chat layer in multiplayer (/ key). When you are getting generally around 40-48FPS and you pull up your text chat layer notice how your FPS goes straight to 60FPS (if you have V-Sync on), this has made me extremely curious as to what they are doing in the Chat layer that increases overall performance? At first I thought maybe they disable the simulation (Rendering, etc) but that clearly isn’t the case because you are still rendering everything going on around you including vehicles driving by you.

I wonder if thats removal of post processing effects

Edited by Kunsa
Nosaer

Thanks for informing us about the new version :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated with hotfix already, forgot to update this post

I'll fix the positioning when I get some time today, currently doing flood control on my basement due to plumbing issues.

UPDATE: v2.1 (Hotfix)

Change log:

Fixed: Positioning of the Uniform/vest/backpack load containers for different interface sizes & resolutions.

Download:

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS) v2.1a

Edited by Tonic-_-

Can someone tell me why when I follow all the directions and have tried for the last 3 hours I still ALWAYS get that VAS\open.sqf cannot be found? My mission loads fine but when I try to use it, I just cant open it.

Your mission folder has to have the VAS folder and the open.sqf has to be inside that VAS folder. If you've done it wrong then you'll get the error that you're getting

missions\mymission\VAS\open.sqf

If you think you have it correct but it's still not working, then save the mission and upload it for us to take a look at.

@Ink

Check the correct Map/Mission Folder for ALL the necessary files. DO NOT do a Save As.

This will NOT transfer over all your files. Will will need to Copy & Paste outside of game.

This setup will be under your Documents/Profile(Arma3)/Profile_Name/Missions.

after the last update (2.0/2.1) the load on respawn option does not work anymore. did i missed or forgot something

Is anyone else having the issue of when loading a saved gear set, your player lunges forward and goes prone??? This is happening to several players on my dedicated server and random times.

It was happening in v2.0 and continues is 2.1a

Happens also on my side

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk