tonic-_-

Virtual Ammobox System (VAS)

I set loadout in one mission to 99 but it still only 10

What should i do :(

and it's even change to other missions have only 10 load out

Is there any local file? so that make my profile to change only display 10 load out?

I only change the number 9 to 99 in config.SQF

It's work fine before

but after I play with BTC Warstorm it's just happend All of sudden

I highly think (OFCOUSER I DON'T KNOW ABOUT GAME'S MECAHNISM) that other clients inform that program automatically save make my data to change so my 99 cool awesome loadout collections just gone to default 10 loadout

It's happend in dedicated server

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Never mind

It was New MCC's Problem

problem solved

Edited by kgino1045

Is there anything like VAS for filling a crate?

I.E. A GUI which allows you to select an inventory of items to load into a crate and then spawns a crate for you?

At the moment my logistics guys spawn empty crates and then load them from a VAS box by putting items into their inventory and then dumping into the crate, if there's something slicker already out there I'd like to know if anyone has come across it.

EDIT: Just to specify, this is for use DURING a mission by the players, not by the mission maker.

Tonic. Our crew,Tac-Ops gaming are big fans of your VAS as we use it each and every scenario. Just huge time saver.

You state, "http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/photo-of-exhausted-firefighters-goes-viral-20131020-2vuz9.html"

Does this extend to MOD releases? ie: Tac-Ops mod? Can we include it?

Tonic, it appears you have an error in your localization.

Stringtable.xml

STR_VAS_restricted

fn_handleItem.sqf

STR_VAS_Main_restricted

Is there a way to send my saves to my clanmates?

I had a bug yesterday. My loadout wouldnt load completly. Are there changes so i should build up a new loadout?

And how do i restrict the ammo box? Every 2nd public player is walking with termal, biggest guns, best AT guns and so on...

Edited by Numrollen

String table in mission root?
That would be my first diagnosis, but I have the same problem while playing AiA, where I get no text. The kicker is that others I'm playing with have no problem, just me.

I'm still alive. I've just been taking a break away from ARMA in general at the moment. Will fix that localization error and have an update for something else probably tomorrow or whenever the patch is out.

Hi,

Im trying to get an mhq to respawn with the VAS option. I cant seem to get it to work. In the init.sqf I have:

if (vehicleVarName "mobile_guer_0") then

{

"mobile_guer_0" addMPEventHandler ["MPRespawn", {this addAction["<t color=#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf]}];

};

Can anyone tell me what Im doing wrong? Thanks!

no one knows how to share the save loadouts to clan mateS?

You need to share the variable. You will need to write a script to transfer the loadout array via publicVariable.

Here are some hints:

myLoadOutSlot1= profileNamespace getVariable "vas_gear_new_0";

publicVariable "myLoadOutSlot1"

I'm still alive. I've just been taking a break away from ARMA in general at the moment. Will fix that localization error and have an update for something else probably tomorrow or whenever the patch is out.

Cheers mate. No rush, your work is appreciated!

Due to some slight compatibility issues with the default VAS setup I have made some slight changes for use on my private mission. If you are interested in any of these, please let me know:

• Three additional addActions on the crate called "Autoload Slot #1", "Autoload Slot #2" & "Autoload Slot #3" which do not use the VAS interface but simply hook straight into the loadout variables. This does not require the box to initialize first and allows players to quickly load one of three primary kit configs without navigating any dialogs. http://i.imgur.com/aiRd6i2.jpg
  • Camera that shows the front of your player whilst the VAS dialog is open. It also makes the dialog movable so you can drag it out of the way: http://i.imgur.com/oXdyn8J.jpg
  • ACRE Compatibility for saving/loading. I have made some ajustments to the loading function so that all ACRE radio's are removed (BIS_fnc_inString) and a simply "itemRadio" is provided regardless.

I really love the ability to restrict equipment from existing presets that they have designed on other servers. No thermals or uniforms other than NATO makes the gameplay significantly better :cool:

Anyone else have issues if you use this in MP? If more than one person at a time

is in VAS it gives a permanent AddAction in the menu. So we have to use it just

one at a time. Thoughts, fixes, ideas, just me?

I understand you're taking a break however I'd like to mention an idea for discussion:

Is it possible to have a function where by VAS spits out the loadout of the saved slot into a format that would be able to be copy + pasted into a units init line? I'd like to use VAS to create load outs for scenarios I design and then have that load out called onto a unit instead of having to browse the sig config list for config names of each vest/hat/uniform/gun etc.

If not, does any one know if any thing like this currently exists?

Maybe this is been asked before or in the wrong threat but.... is VAS compatible with the ASDG Joint Rails mod? on my side its not working..

With sharing to my mates i mean "copy a file" ;) So i make 10 Loadouts for us and i want to share them.

One have a error, and sometimes it is gone when he joins a second time. Everytime on his first join he gets the error "VAS has still not finished loading yet". he tried waiting.

Edited by Numrollen

Well... I said I'd have it out on Thursday but I had been sucked in from a car crash on Friday and GTA Online during the weekend but hopefully with some pain killers, a bit of coke (The soda not the drug you sick person!) and a lot of smokes I'll have it out today. So far here is the change log..

Added: Support for new compatibleItems class structure (Thanks to Robalo).
Added: Ability to transfer saved loadouts to other players in MP (They must accept).
Added: Visual Class Creator (3D View and Drag & Drop). <-- Might not make it in this version....
Changed: VAS_fnc_handleItem can now put items in exact container from a save (Go BIS!).
Fixed: Using quick magazine adding no longer breaks filter displays.
Fixed: Localization error on 'restricted item'.

In the future the GUI may also change entirely as I've kept this design since ALPHA and when I did the system rewrite (v1.0) I never thought about redoing the GUI as the rewrite of the back end took a lot of effort. When that time happens expect the back end to change entirely as well because I swear the guy that wrote that v1.0 back end was a fool.... Completely lost in the redundant stuff that doesn't make sense.. (Stabs at myself obviously) but yes I am completely lost looking at my own code when it's outside of 3 key functions and I swear it's like some sorcerer did it...

Edited by Tonic-_-

How to make my team AI to access the VAS so I can change their loadout, just like in SaOk's Whole Lotta Altis mod?

How to make my team AI to access the VAS so I can change their loadout, just like in SaOk's Whole Lotta Altis mod?

That's a custom addition specifically for Saok's mission done by Saok. I've actually never seen it, is it neat?

Sorry to hear you're busted up Tonic, although very happy to hear you're still here and doing. Looking forward to the update. :D

So I decided to do a bit more with VAS...

http://www.iamtonic.co/vas/vas_21_pre.png

Thinking about also adding another tab box / detail box when clicking on a weapon that quickly shows compatible attachments, haven't decided yet... Also going to have it so you can drag items from the right into the uniform/vest/backpack and quickly put it in there if I can ever figure it out.

Edited by Tonic-_-
rageeee

nevermind!

Edited by rzon
they do

So I decided to do a bit more with VAS...

http://www.iamtonic.co/vas/vas_21_pre.png

Thinking about also adding another tab box / detail box when clicking on a weapon that quickly shows compatible attachments, haven't decided yet... Also going to have it so you can drag items from the right into the uniform/vest/backpack and quickly put it in there if I can ever figure it out.

That looks awesome!

Quick question for you. I have disabled the respawn in the config file, however, I still see the load on respawn button. Is this as designed or a bug? I would think this is a bug, because if I disable the ability to use the respawn, it still looks like it is doing something behind the scenes. I hope it is a bug since when running BTC revive, it dupes my inventory if I click load on respawn.

Edit: Also, is there anyway to make the VAS box bigger (Width and possibly height)? I cannot read half of the names.

Edited by whitemike