DnA

Arma 3 - Feedback Tracker

For the Arma 3 Alpha we have decided to make use of our own Feedback Tracker (FT - opened with the release on March 5th). Some of you will wonder why we do not use the DevHeaven Community Issue Tracker, so I will try to explain our rationale in this post.

First of all, let me thank the people involved in running CIT, such as Sickboy, kju and the rest of its admin staff! Big thanks as well to those who took the time to report issues, work on good repro methods and validating fixes. This has especially helped with the ongoing development of the Operation Arrowhead beta patches. It's good to have a dedicated place to track issues, rather than to contain it all within the forums. That leaves these forums to be a place of discussion and community collaboration.

For the Arma 3 Alpha we however wished things from the tracking platform that CIT did not currently do. I have no doubt its creators could eventually implement some of what we needed, but we had to get it up and running very quickly. Most of it was about direct administration control and connections to our own web services. In our vision for Arma 3, the consistent and complete package is important. We feel the Feedback Tracker is part of that, and so it should feel as close as possible to the rest of the websites and the game. If we decide to make a subtle change quickly (e.g. an artwork or disclaimer text), we need to be able to immediately get it done via our own web team. We are also expecting an influx of people who have no experience with CIT or our community at all. We need a platform those people can easily find and use. They should not be confused about whether the platform is official or not.

In the end though, no matter what platform is used, the goal is for us to cooperate with you: developers and the community. We'd like to ask you to help us to do that. By reporting issues to us in a good way, we can do our best to correct them. By voting you let us know which issues are of key importance to you. On our end we are getting our pipelines ready to be able to more frequently update the game during Alpha, Beta and the main release. We'll have a default branch on Steam where we release major and tested updates. Interesting for rapid iterations is the Development branch, where we'll let any of our developers update data much more frequently. Sometimes this will break that branch, but a key differentiation to OA's beta patches: data updates are used more. Fixes are not primarily focused on the programmers.

Also let me introduce you to our Senior Quality Assurance team member: Astaroth. He will be your Community QA Liaison - which means he'll help the team stay aware of issues being reported and voted on. That's not to say the rest of the team will not also be using FT: we are encouraging as many of our developers as possible to keep an eye on it.

We hope CIT can continue to provide its excellent services to many other projects such as the community's. Please join us in creating a stable and optimized Arma 3 game :icon14:

Edited by DnA

Will we be using our Bohemia Interactive profiles to log into this new Feedback Tracker?

I like the voting part :) Letting the community prioritize with you, that is nice!

Lets create the most productive and efficient alpha/beta in history :yay:

• Like 1

Will we be using our Bohemia Interactive profiles to log into this new Feedback Tracker?

Yes, you can sign in using your BI Profile. There is one current limitation: they are not fully synchronized. If you change your BI Profile password afterwards, you'll have to do it for FT manually.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

I like the voting part :) Letting the community prioritize with you, that is nice!

This was a feature supported and used by CIT already, and it's a very useful tool for us to see what's important.

Well as soon as I get arma 3 prepare to get as many bugs as I can find as I all so want this game to be the best and with BIS behind it I know it will be any way as you provide the best service for your games.

I read that you wanted the community to focus mainly on infantry to start with is that correct just so I know what to do :)

Any way roll on tomorrow its dragged like hell since the release of ARMA 3 was coming last week AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Am I right in thinking that the best way to report issues is to make one ticket for one issue, rather than make one ticket for ten issues?

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking that the best way to report issues is to make one ticket for one issue, rather than make one ticket for ten issues?

Yes, you are. Though be sure to search first because currently there are ten tickets for one issue...

Please allow only people owning ArmA3 Alpha to post on the tracker. Some people posting there who haven't even touched the game just make my head hurt.

Is there a way to search for keywords? I cannot see a way, only an issue number entry. I'd like to make some reports but want to search for pre-existing tasks first.

Is there a way to search for keywords? I cannot see a way, only an issue number entry. I'd like to make some reports but want to search for pre-existing tasks first.

Yes, the box above the issues table with "Apply Filter" next to it allows you to search text.

It's a bit non obvious at first, but there's an input field below the filters.

nunjtp5.png

I'm not seeing that search field or the filters :(

*edit*

Wait - didn't have it on the right view, "view issues" :0 had it on Main or My View. Seems OK now :)

Edited by DMarkwick

Is there going to be (or already) some form of moderation on the feedback tracker? I find myself often confused as to where to vote when there are MANY duplicates of a single ticket. Some tickets could be merged with other tickets, or even deleted. I have been spoiled by the tidiness of this forum.

People are creating tickets with irrelevant tags, offensive slang as tags, and plain spamming tags.

example

Apparently anyone can add tags to existing tickets.

I think something is wrong with the Feedback Tracker. Whenever I try to create this ticket I get Error 500.

So I guess I´ll just leave this here because I think it was intruduced with the new update and the Devs should know about it ASAP:

Category: Visual Structures

Reproducable: Sometimes

What happens:

The roofs of some buildings turn black at a specific distances, they turn back to red if I get closer or farther away. They also turn red if I zoom in.

Zoomed in Image:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558717395750822861/EEC0EE01B7FA83D2AE7CBB04C9673001A1370E63/

How it really looks

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/558717395750826819/794A7D7F3669BD28FCBFC49E2891A37C517E7D40/

I think this has started to happen with todays Devbuild update.

In this File you can find a DxDiag, My Arma3Alpha.cfg and a repro mission

http://www.gamefront.com/files/23065343/Black+roof+bug.7z

Could someone tell me why I get Error 500 when I try to post this stuff on the tracker?

EDIT: Restarting Arma seems to have "fixed" the issue, at least for now.

I had Windows Media Player running when this started to happen but closed it immediately and performed a flush.

Was it just bad driver initialisation?

Edited by Tonci87

i can not loginto the feedback tracker. says i can't login with my current username due to it having [ ] as part of my tag.. am i going to have to make a new login just to use the FT?

Why in the game there are still no 1-point or 3-point slings and there is no fast transition from the main weapon to the personal weapon?

We live in 2013 year.. and the character still STOPS to remove the weapon from a shoulder or to hang up it on a shoulder! :(

Just upvote an existing ticket, don't create a new one... but Smookie already discussed this one something like nine months ago, it's seemingly as fast as he could pull one off (and somehow I'm guessing that the mo-cappers didn't have a sling).

Is there a way to contact a feedback tracker moderator or seek correction on a choice they've made on the feedback tracker?

Feedback #3632 was apparently mistakenly closed on the tracker today as a duplicate of #599 (sorry, can't link yet since it is my first post). Now, I feel that feedback number 3632 is pretty dumb, but it should probably be handled on it's own and not as a duplicate of an unrelated issue.

I tried to PM the moderator in question about the issue here on the forums, after finding no way to contact him on the tracker, but apparently I can't send him messages until I have a few more posts under my belt.

Please allow only people owning ArmA3 Alpha to post on the tracker. Some people posting there who haven't even touched the game just make my head hurt.

+1 to this.I don't see the point of people giving imaginary feedback there and clogging the system while they don't even have the alpha(or the lite version).

Is there a way to contact a feedback tracker moderator or seek correction on a choice they've made on the feedback tracker?

Feedback #3632 was apparently mistakenly closed on the tracker today as a duplicate of #599 (sorry, can't link yet since it is my first post). Now, I feel that feedback number 3632 is pretty dumb, but it should probably be handled on it's own and not as a duplicate of an unrelated issue.

I tried to PM the moderator in question about the issue here on the forums, after finding no way to contact him on the tracker, but apparently I can't send him messages until I have a few more posts under my belt.

Hi there,

sorry for not seeing this post sooner; I haven't really had much time to check the forums lately. :)

Since the tracker is currently down, I can't check the ticket in question, but due to the sheer volume of duplicates that need closing it's possible that a few innocents got caught in the crossfire. When the tracker is back up I'll check it out.

EDIT: Ticket #3632 has been re-opened. I don't even remember seeing that one, so I must have clicked on it by accident.

Edited by MadDogX