Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

It sucks for me. I bought all my BIS games on retail since OFP 11 years ago... If it isn't released on retail, like both previous DLC with Reinforcement, I'll have to pass. :(

Well, when you eventually decide to start buying games through digital download like everyone else, we'll be here to welcome you to the 21st century. ;)

It's not just me who thinks its odd a user of five years standing refuses to buy a product when it's digital only then?

As we say in English - cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I've been reading these forums for years before creating an account, since 2003 actually when I got access to ADSL and was eager to find as many mods as I could for OFP.. Don't know if you can speak French or any language other than English, but it's always much easier to comprehend a language that isn't yours than expressing yourself using that said language.

I have an awful lot of digital games, however I only use Steam and GOG. I buy games on other shops only if they are Steamworks. This DLC being only available for download is inconvenient for me, and not worth it so close from Arma3's open beta. End of the line.

I actually waited Reinforcement to be released and bought it 28€, which was kind of a rip-off, but whatever money isn't an issue. I guess I'll wait a promo on Steam to buy Arma2 again.

Edited by dunedain

You're right, I only speak English. But you're making even less sense now or as you say, something is getting lost in translation. Are you saying You say you only use steam of GoG, but don't want to use Sprocket?

Some people are going to think that's weird, I suspect.

not to sound rude or anything, but Steam is one of the worst platforms to be supporting. not wanting to buy directly from the developer and giving money to Valve instead... I don't even know how to call you and not be offensive

Yup, Sprocket is very close from a DVD version, just download and install, you can save the file on whatever support you want.

not to sound rude or anything, but Steam is one of the worst platforms to be supporting. not wanting to buy directly from the developer and giving money to Valve instead... I don't even know how to call you and not be offensive

Other people don't necessarily share that same viewpoint. Obviously BIS continues to keep putting their games on Steam and many of us will continue to use that as our method of purchase because it is more convenient for us.

I got my game of gamersgate.com

My favorite platform to buy/download games. It's basically the dvd version.

Now, is there a list of weapons that come with the new DLC?

Edited by dunnobe

You can buy a Steam copy directly from Bohemia Interactive now. So that argument is invalid.

first, forgive me for derailing this thread.

just wanted to add, that if you think Valve doesn't take a cut from those sales, you're delusional.

just look at the price. it's the same whether you're buying from Sprocket or Steam. so, sales from Steam are less beneficial for BIS.

apparently they can live with that, otherwise they would've never made the deal with Valve. but c'mon; the poster that said he would never buy from anyone other than Valve or CDP is clearly hurting BIS.

and the reason I'm so confused by all you guys, who keep defending Valve and saying that buying from Steam is more convenient than directly from BIS, is because you've been members of this forum for many years. that means you consciously made the decision to deprive BIS of some of that money just because you feel so attached to Steam. makes you a hypocrite in my eyes

and the reason I'm so confused by all you guys, who keep defending Valve and saying that buying from Steam is more convenient than directly from BIS, is because you've been members of this forum for many years. that means you consciously made the decision to deprive BIS of some of that money just because you feel so attached to Steam. makes you a hypocrite in my eyes

I like Steam, it's by far superior to anything else out there. You can download your games freely as often as you like, there's automatic patching and you launch your game from the same platform where you buy it. By comparison, Sprocket/the BIS Store is just a limited purchase and download site, you have to download and keep track of installation files, and you need to keep up with patches yourself. Call it hypocritical if you want, I call it prefering to use the best possible service/product that you can get.

Still, I will be buying ACR and Arma 3 from the BIS Store. Unlike other developers/publishers that I couldn't care less about, I want to support BIS as much as possible. Also, again unlike other games that I play less often, automatic patching of Arma is less important to me, as I check the forum almost every day and will quickly learn if a new patch has been released. Also, with a non-Steam version it will be easier to install and use beta patches and mods.

I think everyone agrees that Steam offers more convenience than Sprocket

But I also think that everyone agrees that they'd prefer 100% of the money to go to BIS (instead of 70%)

Personally, I prefer the latter for moral, logistical and security reasons

I can apply patches to Arma before Steam has even finished logging in. I'll stick with Sprocket for digital.

I think everyone agrees that Steam offers more convenience than Sprocket

But I also think that everyone agrees that they'd prefer 100% of the money to go to BIS (instead of 70%)

Personally, I prefer the latter for moral, logistical and security reasons

Proper reasoning.

I buy copies from both Steam and the BIS store. I preorder copies from Bi then purchase them again once available on Steam.

I want freedom over my files, beta patching, mods installing.. all without steam pls.

Anyway, we can discuss for years whether angels are boys or girls, but the DLC will be available on Steam and Sprocket as usual, so...

Edited by ProfTournesol

I guess it's not possible to buy the DLC on Steam when you have retail ArmA?

Nope, you have to have ARMA: OA in your account.