Sign in to follow this  
meester

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

Project reality if they decide to enter A3 engine is all I need and lingor terrain of course

Find Solus.

SLX with these engine upgrades = LWP (lust,with potential) :don 15:

Obviously ACE 3

I am hoping that Bis will make it no longer necessary but I will also look forward to ai mods like asr ai.

I would also love a 100% ultra realistic wounding system with proper use of morphine, medevacs etc. etc.

I will almost certainly be continuing the JTD Fire & Smoke theme :) and would like to improve & expand it, similar to how it improved & expanded from the ArmA 1 version. I'd also like to kick off a new project too, possibly my planned-but-forgotten weather module.

Edited by DMarkwick

I hope people come up with some new FX mods. Like WarFX blastcore and GL4.

Also a Nimitz Class aircraft carrier like JDog's in Arma 2 woulb be cool :)

Also a Nimitz Class aircraft carrier like JDog's in Arma 2 woulb be cool :)

newer carriers like the gerald ford would be nice to suit the timeline :) also the british carriers

I'll be porting over PCDF to ArmA 3 given that the ArmA 2 MLODs finally get released as I assume a lot of the vanilla units we know and love won't be in the ArmA 3 era.

Well, my newest Brit units will be in ARMA3 (and maybe ARMA2 if I'm not lazy!), as close to day 1 as possible (otherwise I'll draw the whole thing out for too long). Of course, will need some SA80's at some point :P I imagine the basics for infantry is pretty similar, it will be the customizable uniform/gear stuff that might crop up as an issue.

Will be bringing over the "other" thing I'm working on too I imagine.

I imagine the basics for infantry is pretty similar, it will be the customizable uniform/gear stuff that might crop up as an issue.

That surely might be a bigger problem, esp. when there are no samples provided anytime soon.

ACRE and the M109A6 will be there ASAP. Also of course my compass mod standalone before ACE is out if BIS again fails to add the correct compass to the game (OMG 2035 AND THEY STILL USE 6000mil SOVIET COMPASS IN THE US MILITARY, HARDCORE!). :p

Hope to see all on Arma 3:

-ACE

-ACRE

-AH-64 from Franze and Nodunit

ACE3 and/or any other realism mod :)

I was working on something myself, a mission on thirsk [in winter] to try and represent the realities of warfare to a degree. Guess I am still working on it, but getting the turrets to turn the right direction, the aircraft to actually land on the airstrip, park somewhere off the strip and not fly off again, getting around the unit limit [which I managed] did make me forget about it. I guess I am still working on it, its just by the time its finished arma 3 will be long released [which is why I want a winter map :P].

Id like to see falling snow at any rate. Add accurate simulation of F-35 stealth [and other stealth aircraft], B1's and possibly a tropical map, with a predator gamemode [i want to play Jesse Ventura/Blain!] Id like to see that paladin self-propelled howitzer mod converted in arma 3 too. .

Edited by Meester

That surely might be a bigger problem, esp. when there are no samples provided anytime soon.

Although this is all (probably dangerously inaccurate) assumption from me, I'd guess the customizable gear could be done via proxies on top of a "base" model. So I suppose you could (with a lot of guesswork) figure it out. That said I think it will be a case of waiting until a tutorial/samples are provided. (Which we will all start demanding the second the game is out as usual lol)

Still, infantry might work without the customization "active" as a feature on them. So you could still see a interim version from me if this is the case.

Anyways, I probably missed the mark by a mile but I'll have to wait and see :)

DayZ for Arma 3

Curiosity got the better of me so I went on Youtube to see what this DayZ mod is all about. Personally I don't have the slightest interest in zombie games so it's not something I'd play, but Bohemia Interactive would have to be fucking bonkers if they don't develop an official zombie game because there are literally tens of thousands of people veiwing those DayZ videos soon as they are uploaded. I'm no rocket scientist but I know for sure that if they make a zombie game using the arma3 engine and maps they will sell more copies of that game than any of their other titles.

What I really want to see in Arma3 is "LostKey" tool! I know it's not a mod but still I really hope loki is going to release it for the next version.

And ACE3 of course.

Btw I've modeled a Galil SAR 5.56 long time ago on 3dsmax 2009 but I never skinned it...well I did put some photo textures on it and it was looking really good from the right distance but on the first pers view it was a no go.

If anybody is interested in the mesh I can provide it.

You can find some pictures of the model here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52258&st=15&p=539251entry539251

Here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52258&view=findpost&p=539410

And here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52258&st=15&p=539537entry539537

ACE3

Maps from IceBreakr (assuming he will continue his amazing work)

High Command AI commander

HMG/Mortar teams (deployable, ai managed)

Let's try space combat with everything it can possibly have - large capital ships with dozens of usable positions ("Man your stations!"), smaller capital ships(cruisers, battlecruisers, gunboats, gunships), fighters, bombers and boarding vessels (to transport marines to enemy capital ships in order to try and take over them)...

...plus, having ground battles raging on the planetary surface below this mess^^. Both teams fighting for available resources and using them to build powerful planetary weapons (missile silos, maybe some energy cannons) in an attempt to target and destroy enemy capital ships on the orbit, thus influencing the output of battle, vehicle&equipment-manufacturing buildings, power plants, defensive turrets and so on.

What I really want to see in Arma3 is "LostKey" tool! I know it's not a mod but still I really hope loki is going to release it for the next version.

And ACE3 of course.

Btw I've modeled a Galil SAR 5.56 long time ago on 3dsmax 2009 but I never skinned it...well I did put some photo textures on it and it was looking really good from the right distance but on the first pers view it was a no go.

If anybody is interested in the mesh I can provide it.

You can find some pictures of the model here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52258&st=15&p=539251entry539251

Here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52258&view=findpost&p=539410

And here:

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52258&st=15&p=539537entry539537

I for one hope there is not a LostKey tool. Or if there is, that it can only work for single player. Seen too many idiots abusing that on ArmA2 MP servers.

Project Reality will not be on ArmA 3 for a long time to come.

Other historical mods than Vietnam or WW2, even if those are always welcome.