Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Cam 2 asked for jokes so:

"Knock knock....Who's there? ArmA3 just broke your door down, so go respect it at booth 457"

:D

Anyone seen the ragdoll? Dudes getting hit by a Grenade gettin trown in the air 5 Meters.

Thats exactly how NOT to do it.

Ye BIS u gotta fix physics a bit :D

Anyone know if they are going to release video's after E3 about each of the camp maxwell parts?

Fairly certain. At the end of the E3 preview their are links to each part that are "coming soon". Not sure if they will be released during e3 or after.

Mouse scroll wheel. That's it. ¬¬

Anyone seen the ragdoll? Dudes getting hit by a Grenade gettin trown in the air 5 Meters.

Ye BIS u gotta fix physics a bit :D

Yeah, ivan said it wasn't done yet.

Things I liked:

-Performance seemed nice, only slowdown was really underwater in the submersible vehicle (because of two RtT screens maybe? Dunno.)

-Reload animations are looking SLICK (though we'd have to see third person to know for sure

-Overall movement seemed way more fluid/natural than A2

-Gear menu looked awesome (nice areas for weapon attachments, encumbrance, etc.)

Things I did not like:

-Community Alpha delayed = :( :( :( x infinity

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

Yeah, but its better than them flying in the lying down death pose.

Fairly certain. At the end of the E3 preview their are links to each part that are "coming soon". Not sure if they will be released during e3 or after.

After. ARMAIII didn't post E3 videos last year on youtube.

Anyone know what the new inventory system is?

When we will send a competent person (an avid ArmA player) there to ask questions we will.

With mainstream press it's futile.

Also tactical pace looked way too smooth. Like dude was flying through the air.

Yeah, but its better than them flying in the lying down death pose.

i disagree on that.

Flying high like this looks to comic-like. Not fitting in a "serious" Game/Sim like ArmA. Just lying down would be better in that case.

But im sure they fixing that issue!

i disagree on that.

Flying high like this looks to comic-like. Not fitting in a "serious" Game/Sim like ArmA. Just lying down would be better in that case.

But im sure they fixing that issue!

Well, I've seen a few vids where insurgents caught in explosions can be seen flying through the air (not completely intact though...)

Well, I've seen a few vids where insurgents that get blown up can be seen flying through the air. (not completely intact though)

I did too but it was a tank round.

I imagine they'll want to keep gore to a minimum, but maybe there will be a way to incorporate dismemberment through mods?

After. ARMAIII didn't post E3 videos last year on youtube.
They didn't make a E3 preview trailer last year.

Yeah I assumed that they would release 2 vids a day, but I am probably wrong. Releasing them all at once after would make sense as well.

When we will send a competent person (an avid ArmA player) there to ask questions we will.

With mainstream press it's futile.

Also tactical pace looked way too smooth. Like dude was flying through the air.

So true, so true.... we got anyone? apart from biscuit going? :p

Missing thingies:

- 3D Editor

- Building destruction

- Ai improvements

- Take on Helicopters flightmodel/controls?

Someone ask them this pls.

The physics implementation is definitely far from finished, as seen when he "crashed" the vehicle - Lord Buchta even stated as much, so I that's absolutely understandable. Also I remember a dev (Damu?) stating here on the forums that they recently switched from PhysX v2 to v3 and thus had to do lots of things from scratch, so I guess we shouldn't expect to see proper (i.e. close to finished) for another few months at least.

The movement does indeed feel too smooth, no headbob at all etc. Possibly due to settings, but who knows... I wonder what they're doing in that regard. We do know that the turn speed limitation for human entities has been lifted (at least for now), so it will be interesting to see where they go with that. (Especially regarding weapon weight affecting aiming.)

On the positive side, the underwater part looks amazing, sounds appear to be much improved, and performance looked great despite very high view distance. The gear system seems to have been completely redone, although not much was visible due to the low stream quality. Really, really want to see that in more detail. :D

[

Missing thingies:

- 3D Editor

- Building destruction

- Ai improvements

- Take on Helicopters flightmodel/controls?

Someone ask them this pls.

Yes please.

My internet was laggin. What exactly did Ivan show off. I only saw underwater, the last bit of the heli and part of the shooting range. Was there anything else?

Edited by -Coulum-

Ivan showed almost nothing new apart from the new inventory screen. The image was very blurry so it was impossible to see what's there. Animations looked good but that's it. Tactical pace looked way too steady. Weapons have non-generic reloading animations.

By the time he got to infantry showcase part the Gamespot dude went away.

What feed are you guys watching from?