Sign in to follow this  
royaltyinexile

Arma 3 Community Alpha - Announcement!

were do i sign up for the Alpha?

It's probably going to be a Pay and Support dealio like Carrier Command just announced today.

So you basically pre-order the game and you get to partake in the alpha.

Either that or there will be a really small closed alpha for selected members (probably long-timers or friends/family of staff), then it'll open up more later on.

Just read an article about the new information on the upcoming Community Alpha build after E3. Totally stoked about it, and can't wait to check it out. You guys rock. Been a fan since the original Operation Flashpoint days. (Renamed: Cold War). Finally, have a computer that rocks Arma 2 - hoping it can still rock Arma 3. :yay:

Peace,

Joel

I think the P&C way is perfect. Have signed up for CC and would do the same IN AN INSTANT for Arma3 ! Come on BIS .... my money is here !

It's probably going to be a Pay and Support dealio like Carrier Command just announced today.

So you basically pre-order the game and you get to partake in the alpha.

That would be a smart move by BIS, the temptation to play the alpha is impossible to resist. I will hand over my money with a smile on my face.

The last video call "Stratis teaser", you can see clearly in the top right corner "ARMA 3 ALPHA", in coming guys...

in coming guys...

The alpha is coming a month or two after the E3 2012 so we need to wait a bit longer :)

Edited by Papanowel

oh no /facepalm OFP shadows on models :Oo: :nono: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

We are cursed again :(?!

Prepaying is fine with me. I've just been itching to pay bis and play their games. Just bought arma x even though I had most of stuff in it. Damn I can't wait until the alpha.

Yeah I'd be happy with this pay and contribute Idea, I'm itching to play the alpha anyway. So, BIS...

futurama-shutup-and-take-my-money.jpg

Well I still want a nice case to put besides my Arma 2 case... Does this mean no Alpha for me?

i think, Alfa ver must be a public for ALL community, for more better feedback and reporting!

i think, Alfa ver must be a public for ALL community, for more better feedback and reporting!

Is BIS doing free games now?

You really think a user who doesn't pay for a product will even care to give proper feedback?

The Alpha will obviously be a Pay & Contribute thing, not a free demo...

The post count criterion that was mentioned earlier is a good idea for alpha admittance. :)

The post count criterion that was mentioned earlier is a good idea for alpha admittance. :)

No, that would screw over all the obviously loyal customers who have only been around on the forums for about a year or two now.

*hint hint* :rolleyes:

I guess a combination of postcount+Registered since would be good. Example:

Registered for a year or longer, postcount over 500

I was thinking around 4500 to keep the level of feedback higher.

I was thinking around 4500 to keep the level of feedback higher.

Haha, you barely qualify yourself Celery! (joke)

How BIS decide to distribute the alpha I leave to them but post count is real silly people, seriously. Let's not forget that BIS is trying to iron any hardware issues and that's why I guess the ''public'' alpha will see the light in the first place.

while i know celery is obviously fucking around, you seem to be serious about it....

http://i.imgur.com/g0AfP.gif

while i know celery is obviously fucking around, you seem to be serious about it....

http://i.imgur.com/g0AfP.gif

Oh come on, Pufu. How about Alpha only to those whose nickname begins with "s" sound? I am pretty sure it would give BIS a pretty solid piece of feedback ;)

ohhh...trying to being funny?

"man, you are not funny, you just look funny"

from a movie which name i have forgot...

Better make sure you got those IKs anims done right ;)

regards,

sPuFu

I think only those with a pre-2002 registration date should be allowed to participate.

I think only those with a pre-2002 registration date should be allowed to participate.

I don't think that would be fair because it would exclude many newer but nevertheless loyal and contributing community members. I think 2003 and earlier would be a better choice.