Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 87816 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

I got a quite rare autosave corruption again. Seem to happen usually after at least 30 minute playing and when there is much stuff going (units and scripts).

Didmp-file was created when game crashed (when trying to load the corrupted savegame). Here it is:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21161843/AutoSaveCrashfiles2.7z

Also here is the files when the same thing happened last time (in another mission):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21104029/AutoSaveCrashfiles.7z

I'm actually surprised people still use that addon as I have yet to update it for the weapons OA added! Maybe I'll do that now... :cool:

Hee, what a nice response!

Seriously, this is a great little addon solving a significant problem that really shouldn't be in the game by now. Almost 1400 downloads of the latest version from Armaholic alone.

I can no longer imagine playing without it; so frustrating when yout AT team-mate(s) blows all the missiles attacking single grunts then having a tank or 'merely' a Vodnik or HMMV CROWS wipe out you & your whole team a few minutes later... especially in those SP missions where you can't choose your gear & (if non-commander) grab a launcher from a team-mate.

Ahh - I just saw there's a CIT for this already, & that it's been give the go-ahead:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/23425

though it looks somewhat overdue already. If it's going to be fixed for 1.61, you can probably find better ways to spend your time.

Cheers

Orcinus

PS - I just noticed you're now a BI Developer - congrats!

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Very good points, i smell some good CIT Tickets here ;-)

Re multiple missile use, kju logged a CIT just over a year ago - you can vote for it here, if you haven't already:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/16291

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
Added URL to CIT

Anyone else noticing that the visibleposition interpolation isn't a good as it was in the 1.60 patch? I'm getting much more noticeable stuttering (its NOT defrag as I'm running an SSD with FancyCache too!) Processor is fast enough with plenty of RAM.

I'm even seeing aircraft start to stutter (which they didnt do in 1.60). Occurs in vanilla and with mods.

I confirm vehicle hierarchy regression with regards to the player:

- player can change ammo as driver

- player cannot target

- player cannot order fire

- commander & gunner engage totally autonomous

this is happend after beta 87662.

Also fps has dropped for me with the betas since 87662:

- when playing CIT post-87662 fps started out good then slowly dropped, but could be

returned to the high starting level by restarting the game and rejoining the server; this sometimes has to be repeated if playing a long CIT game.

-from 87662 on the fps starts lower but is now almost constant at this lower rate during the entire game.

that being said, the ai improvements are mostly welcome and really cool :D

GRAD or MLRS driver can't use CTRL+FIRE to ask gunner to shoot ... it's a new a regression since last beta and this one is concerned too.

ticket:https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27614

I'm actually extremely happy about this change, regardless of whether or not it was intentional or not as it prevents players from just commanding the entire tank from the drivers seat.:D

rubber, most likely related to

Roles of commander and observer are now separated. Observer commands targeting and firing, commanders commands movement

if you think something is bugged create ticket and link it as related to

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/2353

Since one of the last versions, think since 1.60, I get often wrong CD key error when connecting on a server with massive mods in use.

If I try again on same server quickly I don't get this message and it works well.

I think the loading process takes to long or the CD key aboard process will comes to early.

My machine is not the best one...so I think it's to slow to initiate this full stuff in short time.

I have ArmA 2, ArmA 2 OA and BAF. I don't know if it can have to do sth with that ArmA checks 3 CD keys while connecting :confused:

Maybe set the CD key check to a later point or sth like that could solve :o

I saw on CIT a bunch of rejected tickets since 1.60 Beta(also no change in 87816) regarding excessive use of binoculars again.How this is not an issue when your squadmates are shot to pieces because they have OCD with binocs instead using their gun??Or when they stay behind instead of keeping formation to admire nature through their binocs?

Not sure what triggers it(maybe danger mode+number of enemies combo?) but it's there,annoying and a pain in the ass.Also it's hard to repro because at first they use binocs normally but after some time they become trigger happy with the damn thing.

Seriously fix this like it was in 1.59.Right now I have to remove binocs from all my units.

Tickets are usually rejected due to lacking details like repro steps, etc, or set to duplicate if already ticket available.

Are you referring at latest beta; http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php or just some beta?

If you have a reliable repro, check existing or create new ticket with details (game version/build, rpt file, mods used etc) and repro; https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-bug

With that, they can go about to analyze and resolve the issue.

Sickboy,Im referring from 1.60 Beta since I first noticed it all the way to latest beta 87816.

Since others also reported the returning of excessive use of binocs I assume it's not something isolated.This one is tough to repro because I don't have a friggin clue what triggers it.Like I said at first they use them normally(now and then) then they go retardo with them,changing to binocs very often.It's random but not rare.I'll keep trying to identify the problem and post a CIT but in simple scenarios it never appears.

Binos are not the biggest problem standing in the open during a firefight is.

Almost every AI is standing during a firefight.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27614

Most of us are not happy with this change...

Unless you make us a perfect AI,it's completely useless ... most of targets my gunner kills are the one i ask him to target ...

Currently AI just ignores imminent threats and i can't make him target'em ... so i need to switch to gunner's seat and try to find the target my self which fails most of the time...

just radio 2 - select target

I'm actually extremely happy about this change, regardless of whether or not it was intentional or not as it prevents players from just commanding the entire tank from the drivers seat.:D
I can onyl second this, if there was a bug before it was commanding the whoel tanks from driver seat. Tested the new system and it close to a REAL TANK simulation now, not a tank shooter anymore. Now Smoke REALLY DENIES a lock as it should. It's very nice to see that popping smoke works now.

This fix and the TOW fix define the whole gameplay of armoured units and light anti armour units to a new level.

+1 and thumbs up for this.

IN fact it already worked that way in ArmA2 and nobody ever complained about not beeign bale to assign targets to the gunner from the driver seat.

Tank Simulation in OA just got a bit morere depth now again, a few steps away from arcade again.

Edited by Beagle

Watching gunner spending 15 Sabot to kill a Static is not what i call enjoyable ... they should add the possibility to assign target from driver seat in case there is an enemy near and gunner is not giving it attention ...

Also fix the GRAD and MLRS CTRL+Fire function ...

Watching gunner spending 15 Sabot to kill a Static is not what i call enjoyable ... they should add the possibility to assign target from driver seat in case there is an enemy near and gunner is not giving it attention ...

Also fix the GRAD and MLRS CTRL+Fire function ...

Drivers are NOT tankcommanders...gunner does his job as exspected as long as you are effective commander...you stop beei8ng commander when you sit in the driver seat since the driver is the lowest rankign guy right before the loader in a tank...its absolutely right that the A.I. on commander seat is overriding the driver orders. commandinga tanks from the driver seat is so ridiculous, I never understood why it ever was introduced in OA...it was working right in A2, only commander could assign targets to gunner.

but a single player needs to be at maximum control of the tank to simulate real humans and their communication in all positions in the tank which the ai doesn't come close to doing...the player(driver or any position) should be considered the total 'human' crew in the tank, thus the player should have control over the ai-positions.

your argument is only valid with a tank consisting of human players only and maybe only irl. consider the maximum player-control as a necessary "work-around" in the absence of real-life human communication in the tank and the limits of the game engine.

Knowing AI's driving and pathfinding skills ... i prefer that driver assigns targets.

Anyway,the GRAD doesn't have commander and CTRL+fire is not working anymore,and that needs to be fixed.

Stop abusing the GRAD. Simple as that.

I noticed 5 out of 15 soldiers standing up when dead in 1 group also 1 of them was stuck in the exit car animation when dead again on mso4.0 we have not seen that happen in a while.

Also I am still getting the black screen and my pc fires up fans to 100% on cpu cooler but the heat sink is cold then I cant get to desktop as gfx card has lost signal and the screen freeze's.

This crash is happening more and more me and a clan member had this happen at exactly the same time last night same fault we both have same mobo but different gfx cards , then the next day I found out after I left 10 people crashed at the same time as well.

Another member cant play for more than 20 mins till it freezes, he has tried all memory allocators but its just as bad through the range its got worse and near unplayable any more.

My system is core17 950 no o/c asus extreme 3 12gb ram 60gb sd only run vista and arma2 and oa on it ati 6970 with 2gb ram 40mb download and 10mb up connection.

Out of 30 of us I would say all crash in the server at least once in a 2-3 hour mission for the lucky ones and some get 3-5 crashes, both types are black screen and have to have a hard reset power off at plug and the other is game screen freeze where you still see the game screen but cant do anything hard reset again no ctr alt delete works thank's all.

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Stop abusing the GRAD. Simple as that.

Well,

I don't want to talk about the "beautiful" bug GRAD has when one takes gunner seat and presses 0 ... (especially in 1st person,MLRS has an awful 1st person view when you press 0).

Unless some fixes that,i dont see why making the vehicle useless by removing the CTRL+Fire function.

Arty computer is an option,but the vehicle should be "usable" without that.

Well,

I don't want to talk about the "beautiful" bug GRAD has when one takes gunner seat and presses 0 ... (especially in 1st person,MLRS has an awful 1st person view when you press 0).

Unless some fixes that,i dont see why making the vehicle useless by removing the CTRL+Fire function.

Arty computer is an option,but the vehicle should be "usable" without that.

in fact...no it should not be...GRAD and MLRS are for indirect area fire...they can't target anything in a direct way. Just another exploit squashed. Good Job BIS.