Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

I made the comparison Video

I guess making the cobra immortal isn´t such a bad idea after all.

Here are some test videos I submitted a long time ago. It's CWR² being used with the Ace Sound Mod. There are some problems with the locality of the hits from the AH-1's cannon.

The AH-1 action starts here....

and continues on to the next video.

Note that these were made to demonstrate my progress to Floyd S. Werner Jr., my consultant, and not to demonstrate the capabilities of the final version.

Here are some test videos I submitted a long time ago. It's CWR² being used with the Ace Sound Mod. There are some problems with the locality of the hits from the AH-1's cannon.

The AH-1 action starts here....

and continues on to the next video.

Note that these were made to demonstrate my progress to Floyd S. Werner Jr., my consultant, and not to demonstrate the capabilities of the final version.

That is intersting, the tanks in your video are not shooting the cobra like they do in my video. Maybe a BI patch has changed their behaviour?

I´ve fallowed the CWR mod for a while, but not installed or played. Could you guys give me opinion of this, how ready-to-go is it? I would love to play the Cold War Crisis compaing through one more time. Talking about different mods generilly, it seems that none of them will be ready 1.00 ver :j:

I´ve fallowed the CWR mod for a while, but not installed or played. Could you guys give me opinion of this, how ready-to-go is it? I would love to play the Cold War Crisis compaing through one more time. Talking about different mods generilly, it seems that none of them will be ready 1.00 ver :j:

The Mod is very much ready to go i would say, its very much worth downloading and installing. Plenty of Single Player and Multiplayer missions to play. But as the Campaign hasnt been released yet. As with regards to mods in general, all mods are made for free by many talented individuals, at the end of the day there is so much some one can do outside of real life, you should be greatful we have so many great mods out there even if they arent at a 1.00 version.

I think in our discussion forum thread we've answered that a couple of times. To make a long story short, lots of stuff is done, and lots of stuff is still going on. I can sympathize with mods never reaching 1.0. It is a long road.

The Mod is very much ready to go i would say, its very much worth downloading and installing. Plenty of Single Player and Multiplayer missions to play. But as the Campaign hasnt been released yet. As with regards to mods in general, all mods are made for free by many talented individuals, at the end of the day there is so much some one can do outside of real life, you should be greatful we have so many great mods out there even if they arent at a 1.00 version.

We're also shipping extra units as DLC on the six updater network, so you guys have something to do while we're sorting out our stuff. We've done a couple of vehicles already, I believe.

SP Missions not checking off as completed.

I wanted to try and unlock the locked content by completing all missions, however, even though I played the missions and got the 'completed' message, they aren't listed as completed on the SP Menu.

The missions are.....

Rescue Pilot - strange feature: doing the pickup off the bridge, the objective completed at around 20m above the ground.

Cobra Assault - all objectives completed as soon as my pilot arrived at the first waypoint.

Battlefields - no weirdness on this mission.

Battlefields SP18 - no weirdness on this mission.

I have the fully patched and up to date Combined Arms, and the CWR2 I downloaded from the mod's HQ around 2 weeks ago.

(If, in the unlikely even that anyone needs any further information, please use the PM feature so that I will see it in my email.)

cwr2_demo3_cessna.jpg

Second 'DLC' now available on Six-Updater. Please check the readme for details re. the included Mission. Hopefully there are better pilots out there than the ones in our team. :rofl:

A big thanks to RKSL / Farles for the nice Cessna model!

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

SP Missions not checking off as completed.

I wanted to try and unlock the locked content by completing all missions, however, even though I played the missions and got the 'completed' message, they aren't listed as completed on the SP Menu.

There are no missions to unlock, however all SP missions must have the checkbox once completed. If not then they must be fixed. :)

I was just told that there are actually missions to unlock. Didn't know that but of course in order to unlock them, they must get the green checkbox.

Edited by W0lle

A big thanks to RKSL / Farles for the nice Cessna model!

Oh... the memories... I remember an FDF mission, where a team of spetznaz must reach a besieged team on an island by capturing a cessna, flying over the island and parachuting in.

God... that was a great mission...

Yeah I think I seen it somewhere in my huge archive once, but can't recall the name nor the terrain.

Let me know when you found more details... ;)

I just played the first mission of the campaign (assault on Morton, boy how often have I particicapted in taking that village...), congrats, I felt just like back than.

The pace of the attack felt slower to me but thats ok.

Somehow the lighting seemed wrong.

IIRC in OFP the attack happened in very early morning, just after dawn, but in Arma 2 it feels like 10 'o clock or something (although its 6am).

Is maybe something wrong with the island?

I just played around with time a bit in the editor and at no time I achieved that reddish hue of morning sun that I remember so well from the original game :(

Edited by Stubaf.

Just had a bash with the Cessna mission. Is the weather supposed to be as closed-in as it is (fog)? Or is it randomly generated? Just can't really navigate.

I just played the first mission of the campaign (assault on Morton, boy how often have I particicapted in taking that village...), congrats, I felt just like back than.

The pace of the attack felt slower to me but thats ok.

Somehow the lighting seemed wrong.

IIRC in OFP the attack happened in very early morning, just after dawn, but in Arma 2 it feels like 10 'o clock or something (although its 6am).

Is maybe something wrong with the island?

I just played around with time a bit in the editor and at no time I achieved that reddish hue of morning sun that I remember so well from the original game :(

The assault pace is indeed slower, caused by the A2 AI approaching the target slower and taking more 'breaks'.

That reddish hue of morning sun from OFP we tried to replicate but failed to come even close to it, simply because that sky color is not included in ArmA2.

Haven't checked if the current Everon is at the same coordinates as the original but I presume Bushlurker knows what he's doing.

Just had a bash with the Cessna mission. Is the weather supposed to be as closed-in as it is (fog)? Or is it randomly generated? Just can't really navigate.

That's why I wrote that you shall check the readme, there's a reason why we write them (no it's not so we sound important). :p

Yes the bad weather is supposed to be like that, if you play in cadet mode it's a lot better.

It's supposed to be if you're playing on veteran. If you play on cadet then the weather is a bit more clear. Also note that you have GPS in veteran to help navigate. It was meant to make it a bit harder by forcing you to navigate via a combination of your speed, heading, altitude, and GPS.

can someone give me the link to the 182 cause i cant get six updater to show it

can someone give me the link to the 182 cause i cant get six updater to show it

Its only available in the Six Update, just update your CWR2 folder and it will then download :)

Does someone have a good template for the big Airport on Nogova?

(Something that it looks like an fully equiped Airbase)

thanks!

That's why I wrote that you shall check the readme, there's a reason why we write them (no it's not so we sound important).

Yes the bad weather is supposed to be like that, if you play in cadet mode it's a lot better.

Enjoyed this one immensely - diving down into the Durras valley to land near St. Pierre was harrowing to say the least!

Enjoyed this one immensely - diving down into the Durras valley to land near St. Pierre was harrowing to say the least!

I'm glad you liked it. I'll just let everyone in on a little secret. There is a second way to end the mission. It involves a little bit of exploring and technically you never need to get into the plane. The plane way is probably a bit easier but if you would like to get even more out of the mission take a look around the map. It's kind of a puzzle and it's a bit more combat oriented.

Car to the "last stand" marker to start with?

That might be beneficial. The way I am thinking of is kind of Rambo like and unrealistic. I think your best bet is to fly around and explore the island. Then once you piece together the puzzle going from the ground is probably best. It also might be beneficial to evacuate some people first. But now I am beginning to say too much. Enjoy.

I read other had had problems with ending "After Montignac" (M06) and I do too. After the medical tent event nothing happens. I'd really like to continue playing, so is there any way I can skip M06 and go to M07?

EDIT: Solved with help from ProfTournesol. See below.

Edited by RedSnt

I read other had had problems with ending "After Montignac" (M06) and I do too. After the medical tent event nothing happens. I'd really like to continue playing, so is there any way I can skip M06 and go to M07?

Hold SHIFT and MINUS keys, then type ENDMISSION.

Hold SHIFT and MINUS keys, then type ENDMISSION.

Thank you so much. Luckily I got to see the cutscene on youtube, but would've still liked to see it ingame. Awesome mod nonetheless.

EDIT: Took me a while to understand that there is no pop-up command input field when you press left shift + numpad minus, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that the cutscene was indeed there.

Edited by RedSnt

EDIT: Solved with help from ProfTournesol. See below.

WOlle wrote today that the team has just implemented a potential fix to this issue...