Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

Avoiding mission creep is vital. Too many mods fall victim to it...

Hey! we need more people with common sense to join our team.

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 ----------

Dont know if this is a bug but it can be disturbing, CWR vehicles are spawned by BIS vehicle module. I had CWR enabled and my friend didnt

Not a bug, and I am thrilled to bits that OUR vehicles spawned at all! (like nature intended)

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 ----------

There are no plans to release any of the addons in CWR2 as stand alone, AFAIK.

The one (current) exception is our Islands are intended to be usable with a very very limited set of cwr2 pbo's. Buildings, roads and plants eg. A default bis island animation (cutscene) is defaulted for this purpose.

For vehicles, that's not easy to achieve since the 'vehicle' has a cwr2 crew (of course)

and for units, that's not easy, because our units (including our civilians) have weapons....

and our weapons have magazines....

and so on

Hey! we need more people with common sense to join our team.

What do you exactly mean?

I think he was joking that our team could be more level headed. On my side, making an AH-1 with all these details that you can't see at all is maybe lacking common sense a little.

I was just flying the cobra around, testing out a some additions to the shadow volume, and was just hit through the cockpit by a single .50 calibre round. This is is a significant happenstance because normally I don't survive taking anti aircraft hits to the cockpit. My survival left me in a unique position to survey the damage and figure out what happened. At any rate, it prompted me to do another (final) things you may have missed about the AH-1.

I was flying along over a village and I saw this single yellow tracer rising toward my windshield. My character was hit, my vision blurred, but I survived. I found that my gunner was killed, my systems were damaged, and the main rotor drive was in the yellow. Here's what I think must have happened:

The single 12.7mm round must have gone through the front of the aircraft (maybe the unarmoured windshield), through the gunner, killing him, through his armoured chair, through my instruments, destroying them, through me, wounding me, through my armoured chair, through the rear cockpit wall, and into the transmission, damaging the main rotor drive. The fact it defeated two armoured chicken plates but left me alive is pretty unheard of! All of these structures are present on the firegeo and hitpoints LODs, and they all have different types of penetration rvmats. The steel tubing of the cockpit, for instance, is much tougher then the relatively unarmoured skin. There are many parts of the helicopter that are carbon fibre. I took these into account, but I gave them a metal material so the players can see sparks and crap flying off of it.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/523780775604308600/5A5E218C8CA97B2BCA4AFE508E69945269512133/

If I had crashed, I would have ended up like this poor fellow.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/523780775604311125/5DC282452D30E7B0ED7FAE185D1343CD70A9B02E/

I actually have two wreck models (being distributed with the next release, so technically you didn't miss them).

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/FloydWerner/245-6.jpg

One generic one for when the helicopter is destroyed, and another one that has 'crash landed' for aircrew rescue type of scenarios. The crash landed one is based off of some photos of a helicopter that Floyd flew, that attempted to kill him with an engine failure on take off. Fortunately, Floyd's skill saved the day.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/523780775604316162/ADB397CB1CD80B9BEFC0D1AE3E0253C85D263A3A/

Notice on my model, the doors are blown off by the emergency escape explosive actuators. A video of these being used was sent to me by NodUnit. In it, you see the gunner's door blown off and the windows blown out by the explosive charges after a cobra crashed in a brown out. I didn't notice until later that the pilot's door didn't blow off, it just opened. I don't know what that means, but at the time I had already set up a physics simulation to blow the doors off in 3ds Max, so I just went with that. Their final position after being blown off are what you see in this image.

Both types of wreck are available in as objects to be placed in the editor.

Edited by Max Power

Great job on those details Max!

Absolutely nothing like I've ever seen in Arma or any other game.

Do you have any plans on more paint schemes like desert storm or even Bosnia, be it in CWR or stand alone?

Do you have any plans on more paint schemes like desert storm or even Bosnia, be it in CWR or stand alone?

Yes, that would be great.

I often thought while playing CWR² that it would be nice to have a desert skin pack. I know that the CWR² crew is very busy, but maybe they could outsource it to a talented texture artist. US soldiers in Desert Battle Dress Uniform, M60s and M113s in desert camo would be enough since AO already has M1s, M2s and HMMWVs.

Yes, that would be great.

I often thought while playing CWR² that it would be nice to have a desert skin pack. I know that the CWR² crew is very busy, but maybe they could outsource it to a talented texture artist. US soldiers in Desert Battle Dress Uniform, M60s and M113s in desert camo would be enough since AO already has M1s, M2s and HMMWVs.

I wish we would have such an 'external' texture artist. And even if we had one, I would have more important work to do than desert textures. :)

Not a bad idea though, but at present not very realistic.

I don't have any plans for other colour schemes, but the thing uses hidden selections to support user skins :)

It has hidden selections for the main body and also for the nose art.

The real Ah-1F had no flares. The only countermeasures it carried was the IR jammer over the engine and chaff dispensers on the tail. I was going to give it flares but the Ah-1F pilot who was advising me told me not to bother. Plus, I think it gives an important game-play difference between the Ah-1 and the Ah-64. I have put some thought into how to do jammers but the answer is not forthcoming, especially a non-scripted solution.

AH-64A didn`t have flares either, nor the AH-64D until very recently, Apache AH Mk1 always had them.

Does the ALQ-144 actually have any in game affect ?

@Feint - No ALQ-144 makes no noise and gives no indication in the cockpit except on/off or broken.

Unfortunately, no, there's no jammer-like effect in the game at all. Nothing that I know of can prevent and IR missile lock in the game.

Hi.

Sorry to bring this known subject up again but I have problems with Malden.

I've removed the cutscene.pbo but still the game keeps crashing each time when I press preview both in single editor and MP editing.

Any further suggestions what to do?

Version 1.60.87580

Conflicting addon cwr2_IslandCutscenes in 'CWR2\Islands\cwr2_cutscenes\', previous definition in 'CWR2\Expansions\cwr2_Winter\Islands\cwr2_cain_w_cutscene\'

Updating base class CWR2_baseWorld->CAWorld, by cwr2\islands\cwr2_noe\config.bin/CfgWorlds/noe/

Mods: @CWR2

Distribution: 1486

Version 1.60.87580

Fault address: 009D6EA1 01:005D5EA1 D:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

file:

world: abel

Prev. code bytes: 45 F4 8B 0B 8B 7E 64 89 46 5C 8B 45 F8 89 45 FC

Fault code bytes: 8B 01 FF 50 10 3B C7 0F 4D C7 48 39 45 F8 7E 03

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:70671C50

ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000

ESI:70671C00 EDI:0000000C

CS:EIP:001B:009D6EA1

SS:ESP:0023:0182EA1C EBP:0182EA34

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003B GS:0000

Flags:00010246

EDIT:

Solved..... I had two flashpoint billboards in it. When I removed the other one, it worked.

Edited by VanhA-ICON
Solved

Can someone post all the backpack classnames? the site on the homepage isn't working.

Also what's the "base" class for each side called?

Edited by cuel

have you checked in the docs folder in your @cwr2 folder? There should be a list of classnames there. Also, the complete config for demo3 is on the six config browser.

In the distribution is a folder called 'documentation' included. All classes are listed in there.

There is no "base class", the Rifleman for each faction is the class which all others are based upon.

The scripts must be converted for sure, that no one can do automatically. This would take longest I guess.

The next problem might be vehicles used which are not in the demo, like SCUD launcher, Bradley etc.

With the included cwr2ofp.pbo you have at least not to worry much about the changed class names.

From my experience after converting a lot of old missions already I can tell you though that almost every mission needs to be edited manually, some more some less.

I would say that most definately do Wolle. The AI has improved to such a level that there is no choice to either add more guys or take some away in most missions.

_officergrp = createGroup EAST;
_officer = _officergrp createUnit ["cwr2_Guba_Officer",position _location,[],0,"FORM"];

results in

Cannot create non-ai vehicle cwr2_Guba_Officer

any idea why?

I'm also getting a lot of "model.p3d has no unit" RPT errors.

Edited by cuel

Yeah I have one. There is no "cwr2_Guba_Officer" included in the Demo.

My fault though, should have removed that class name from the classnames list.

Simply use the regular Officer (cwr2_OfficerE) for the time being.