Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

It does attack and destroy all tanks in my tests, fairly well with impunity. The only time it fails to kill all tanks is when it crashes, which happens only on rare occasions.

edit: The helicopter I think inherits from AH-1Z, so perhaps ACE is changing some values I don't declare in my AH-1F class.

Well maybe I just have to test it again. I will make a Video of it, could be interesting to compare the two.

Is it allowed to ask how much percent of the campaigns are finished?

Cold War Crisis, converted until "Escape". Not included cutscenes and intros. Approx 70% I would say.

Resistance, missions converted but none tested. Approx 40% maybe.

Where the percentage is really just a rough estimation as there surely will be a lot of problems to fix once they are seriously tested.

Re. your feedback:

Thanks for that, but as Max said: Please do not use any other Mods together with CWR². There is no guarantee it runs with other Mods, especially ACE2 or "AI improvement Mods" and it could cause more problems than it solves.

The amount of enemies is always a problem with converted OFP missions. But yes, there were really that many enemies in "After Montignac". All missions are 1:1 taken from OFP. However if they are too hard to master, we of course will adjust them. After all you shall have fun playing the missions.

Please do not use any other Mods together with CWR².

Not for the purposes of reporting, at any rate. The only experience we can recommend is CWR2 without any other mods or addons running. I have used CWR2 with stuff like Elephant Island and some soundmods and such, but we can't really guarantee external addons, even basic ones, don't modify base classes by accident or something. If something works with CWR2, that's excellent, and if it gives you increased enjoyment, all the better.

I made the comparison Video

I guess making the cobra immortal isn´t such a bad idea after all.

A great CWR2 mission from the eyes of an A-10 pilot, supporting resistance fighters trying to survive a Soviet assault on their monastery.

The mission is Norsu's remake of the classical OFP mission originally made by Blake. I think it demonstrate well how great this mod is... Looking forward for the final verison! :)

2Smq71DyoaY

The SU-25 model is a little bit buged. The Canopy is inside the plane, cutting the pilot in half^^

CWR2 is now fully supported by LEA => go install new addons, select Repository.

Enjoy :)

Great to hear, thanks!

The SU-25 model is a little bit buged. The Canopy is inside the plane, cutting the pilot in half^^

Thanks for the feedback, Tonci. You'll be pleased to know that that issue has been fixed in our internal version.

---------- Post added at 11:03 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

A great CWR2 mission from the eyes of an A-10 pilot, supporting resistance fighters trying to survive a Soviet assault on their monastery.

The mission is Norsu's remake of the classical OFP mission originally made by Blake. I think it demonstrate well how great this mod is... Looking forward for the final verison! :)

Nice video! It looks like you guys have a lot of fun! Nice teamwork. On the pub servers usually some guy in an a10 is like a blessing and a curse all rolled into one.

Edited by W0lle

Comrades in Arms have a 12 year old heritage of teamwork and organized, yet casual gameplay:). We have now switched to running CWR2 three times a week! :)

Need some help, just bought OA from Steam and tried to install CWR2 trough Six updater, and it breaks after loading screens. Does anyone have any clues?

Edit: I have ARMA 2 as well.

Edited by sektor

Is everything patched up to the latest version, and are you running ArmA 2: Combined Operations? Could you be more specific about what happens when it 'breaks'?

Is everything patched up to the latest version, and are you running ArmA 2: Combined Operations? Could you be more specific about what happens when it 'breaks'?

Well, i have Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead (i bought them separately), maybe it doesn't work because of that. Intro screen shows, two flags are loading and then comes the other loading screen and then it crashes without any special messages from windows 7.

Edit: i put automatic updates on steam, so i think it is updated to latest version.

Edited by sektor

In your expansions editor, is ArmA 2 listed there? Can you play Harvest Red in Operation Arrowhead?

In your expansions editor, is ArmA 2 listed there? Can you play Harvest Red in Operation Arrowhead?

If you mean ingame Expansion menu, there is no ArmA 2 listed as expansion. There is no Harvest Red mission to play, if that is what you meant.

In steam, do you have the option to run operation arrowhead as 'combined operations'?

---------- Post added at 04:03 ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 ----------

If you have a devheaven account, you can create a support ticket on the cwr2cbt :)

Thanks for the quick replies, i will try that. Looking forward to see oldschool OFP :)

Before attempting to run Combined Ops (Arma2 plus OA running together using the Arma2OA.exe), it's necessary to run Arma 2 by itself - once... That gets it registered in the Windows registry...

After that I strongly suggest you try something like my personal favourite, Spirited Machine's Arma II Launcher... Show it where Arma 2 lives, and where OA lives, and then you can use a little popdown menu to choose whether to run one, or the other, or both combined.... Plus it'll handle all your modfolders for you as well....

If you're OK with a little more complexity, then try the Six Updater suite... it has all the usual launcher and MP server browser capabilities, plus it'll actually track what mods you use and keep them up to date!

B

If you're OK with a little more complexity, then try the Six Updater suite... it has all the usual launcher and MP server browser capabilities, plus it'll actually track what mods you use and keep them up to date!
Cheers for the reference mate!

We have some really easy to use nice Launcher (convert/install/update, and join servers, etc) available now, supports CWR2 as well!

Check Six Launcher for more info.

2s8pppj.png

B

Thanks, for the tips. I'm using Six updater, works like a charm. The problem was beta patched ArmA 2, it wasn't 1.11 and it was stuck with beta patch. Reinstalled it and now it works just fine.